Kiddy - It was my fault!

Anything yellow and blue
Mally
Grumpy old git

Kiddy - It was my fault!

Post by Mally »

The defeat at Kiddy was obviously my fault.

I've never really been a believer in superstition on match days (lucky pants etc.) but due to my decision to travel by train and trust train timetables/reliability Saturday was the first time I've been to an Oxford game without having a drink first since I left school and trust me that was a long time ago.

So I've proved that there is something in this superstition thing and also far more importantly have the perfect excuse to carry on drinking on match days (as if I needed one).

Talking of drinking I can't wait to get home and read Baboo's column in the Oxford Mail and see if it remotely relates to the actual game seeing as by his own admission he'd had 5 pints by kick off!
Matt D
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Matt D »

but for the last ten years you've presumably had a drink before each game and we've lost on a regular basis, so how would you account for that?

ah yes: shit oxford sides...
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re: Kiddy - It was my fault!

Post by Baboo »

&quotMally&quot wrote:Talking of drinking I can't wait to get home and read Baboo's column in the Oxford Mail and see if it remotely relates to the actual game seeing as by his own admission he'd had 5 pints by kick off!
Had to make the most of travelling by train for the first time in probably at least 25 years. Anyway a couple of them were only mild which isn't very strong so they don't count - do they?
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

I reckon Kiddy must have creamed us for about 30k on Saturday. That would have quadrupled the 12th Man fund!
The OXman Cometh
Brat

Post by The OXman Cometh »

Actually I think it was my fault as I didn't wear my usual yellow shirt (the only other time was againgst FGR). Plus I took my wife to her first ever away match and now she is convinced she is a bad omen.
SmileyMan
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by SmileyMan »

&quotThe OXman Cometh&quot wrote:Actually I think it was my fault as I didn't wear my usual yellow shirt (the only other time was againgst FGR). Plus I took my wife to her first ever away match and now she is convinced she is a bad omen.
If she had any sense, she'd convince you that Oxford only win when you let her go shopping with a few hundred quid! :D
Steppers
Brat

Post by Steppers »

Well I have only been to one other away game this season. That's right Mansfield away.

I am planning on going to FGR just so you all dont get to excited.