New Badge

Anything yellow and blue
The OXman Cometh
Brat

New Badge

Post by The OXman Cometh »

I was at the Oxford Beer Festival on Friday and was told that there is to be a new '12th Man' style badge in a limited edition coming out, anyone know anything about this?
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re: New Badge

Post by GodalmingYellow »

&quotThe OXman Cometh&quot wrote:I was at the Oxford Beer Festival on Friday and was told that there is to be a new '12th Man' style badge in a limited edition coming out, anyone know anything about this?
Its already out. The white away kit badge.
Brahma Bull
Puberty

Post by Brahma Bull »

Although early stages, a supporter has proposed and is keen to fund a new badge which is slightly different to the current offerings. It will be limited to 500 and be available before Christmas.
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotBrahma Bull&quot wrote:Although early stages, a supporter has proposed and is keen to fund a new badge which is slightly different to the current offerings. It will be limited to 500 and be available before Christmas.
Let's have a new badge every week. No, every day. Or should that be hour or minute. Killing the goose.
Ascension Ox
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by Ascension Ox »

&quotBaboo&quot wrote:
&quotBrahma Bull&quot wrote:Although early stages, a supporter has proposed and is keen to fund a new badge which is slightly different to the current offerings. It will be limited to 500 and be available before Christmas.
Let's have a new badge every week. No, every day. Or should that be hour or minute. Killing the goose.

'Killing the goose' is a bit apocalyptic isn't it?

I think we've gone the full distance personally on badges for 12th Man. But if someone wants to do it, why stop them? It's for a good cause isn't it??
Beach Road End
Brat

Post by Beach Road End »

Maybe a car sticker or something would be better. I like to wear my badge but not sure I want several to support the same cause.
theox
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by theox »

When I quit smoking, part of the helpful literature I received gave ideas for things to do instead of lighting up.

My favourite was 'wear a wacky pair of socks'. My second favourite was 'buy a badge'. How I wish the 12th Man appeal had been around a couple of years ago............... :lol:
boris
Grumpy old git

Post by boris »

I'm not sure how either of those suggestions would help someone overcome their nicotine craving, although I guess by buying things it means you'd have less disposable income to spend on fags.
Mally
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Mally »

&quotAscension Ox&quot wrote:
&quotBaboo&quot wrote:

'Killing the goose' is a bit apocalyptic isn't it?

I think we've gone the full distance personally on badges for 12th Man. But if someone wants to do it, why stop them? It's for a good cause isn't it??
Also doesn't there have to be a supply of golden eggs before you kill the goose?
Brahma Bull
Puberty

Re:

Post by Brahma Bull »

&quotBaboo&quot wrote:
The 12th Man is open to everyone, it isn't one group or organisation running the show. Someone wants to make a limited edition badge and is stumping up his own cash to set it up.

It won't be sold until the 12th Man badges have nearly all gone.

Don't see the problem really, especially if that one idea raises a further £2000 from selling only 500. Of course, you don't have to buy one either.

Don't shoot the messenger 8)
Sideshow Rob
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Sideshow Rob »

12th man goalkeeper's shirt badge?
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

&quotSideshow Rob&quot wrote:12th man goalkeeper's shirt badge?
One in luminescant orange, and a second in &quotpetrol&quot?
Mally
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Mally »

&quotSideshow Rob&quot wrote:12th man goalkeeper's shirt badge?
Well if there's a 12th man home and away badge for alternate Saturday wear then surely there should be a 12th man training top badge to wear during the week.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Snake »

&quottheox&quot wrote:When I quit smoking, part of the helpful literature I received gave ideas for things to do instead of lighting up.

My favourite was 'wear a wacky pair of socks'. My second favourite was 'buy a badge'. How I wish the 12th Man appeal had been around a couple of years ago............... :lol:
How about producing a 12th Man ashtray? (in both white and yellow of course)
GodalmingYellow
Senile

No one has suggested the 12th Man Chris Wilder outfit badge yet.

Or how about a 12th man Kelvin Thomas suit badge?