Amy Rayner

Anything yellow and blue
Snake
Grumpy old git

Amy Rayner

Post by Snake »

Probably as blind as all the rest, but it’s a bit of a novelty..

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 740366.stm
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re: Amy Rayner

Post by Baboo »

&quotSnake&quot wrote:Probably as blind as all the rest, but it’s a bit of a novelty..

Club should use this as a marketing opportunity in some way - should get a few more punters in for an Oxford first????
Snake
Grumpy old git

Re: Amy Rayner

Post by Snake »

&quotBaboo&quot wrote:
&quotSnake&quot wrote:Probably as blind as all the rest, but it’s a bit of a novelty..

Club should use this as a marketing opportunity in some way - should get a few more punters in for an Oxford first????
Good idea.

Maybe we could hand out flyers for the next game along the lines of Patto’s job prospects may lie in the hands of a female referee in the next game.

No pressure on the ref of course..
deanwindass
Puberty

Post by deanwindass »

I thought she did very well last night and was probably the best ref we've had all season, at least in the games I've seen. She let the game flow and got most decisions right.

Saying that, her original decision not to give the pen was wrong and her subsequent decision not to give a red was wimpy. She also failed to give red cards for the blatant elbow on Foster, to the player who ran 20 yards to punch Clarke (at least that's how it looked from the South Stand Upper) or the the big centreback who was booked in the penalty decision when he was outpaced and took Cont out.
recordmeister
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by recordmeister »

&quotdeanwindass&quot wrote:I thought she did very well last night and was probably the best ref we've had all season, at least in the games I've seen. She let the game flow and got most decisions right.

Saying that, her original decision not to give the pen was wrong and her subsequent decision not to give a red was wimpy. She also failed to give red cards for the blatant elbow on Foster, to the player who ran 20 yards to punch Clarke (at least that's how it looked from the South Stand Upper) or the the big centreback who was booked in the penalty decision when he was outpaced and took Cont out.

To summarise your post: She had a good game, except for the major decisions which she got wrong.
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by A-Ro »

&quotrecordmeister&quot wrote:
&quotdeanwindass&quot wrote:I thought she did very well last night and was probably the best ref we've had all season, at least in the games I've seen. She let the game flow and got most decisions right.

To summarise your post: She had a good game, except for the major decisions which she got wrong.
I know it sounded a bit odd but that was exactly my view of her performance. Unlike most refs this season who don't appear to be able to do anything right she had a fantastic game she was simply not man enough when it came to the big decisions, lucky for us that the lino was when it came to the pen.
Mally
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Mally »

&quotA-Ro&quot wrote:

I know it sounded a bit odd but that was exactly my view of her performance. Unlike most refs this season who don't appear to be able to do anything right she had a fantastic game she was simply not man enough when it came to the big decisions, lucky for us that the lino was when it came to the pen.
How on earth can you say that a ref had a good game when they bottled (or failed to see) three clear straight red card incidents? Kidderminster should have finished the game with 8 players last night and she wouldn't have given the penalty left top her own devices.

It's like saying the keeper had a good game apart from the three he threw in his own net and the penalty he gave away.
Last edited by Mally on Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
amershamwrighty
Puberty

Re:

Post by amershamwrighty »

&quotA-Ro&quot wrote:

A view which doesn't seem to be shared by the Kiddie manager - breathtaking stuff !

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 749648.stm
Mally
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Mally »

&quotamershamwrighty&quot wrote:
&quotA-Ro&quot wrote:

A view which doesn't seem to be shared by the Kiddie manager - breathtaking stuff !

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 749648.stm

&quotbut we live to fight another day.&quot

Fight being the operative word.
Matt D
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Matt D »

did anyone think clarke was time-wasting?

he may have been involved in various niggles (and while he wasn't blameless, i think he was also sought out by some of the kiddy players), but i don't remember any gamesmanship.
Ascension Ox
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by Ascension Ox »

&quotMatt D&quot wrote:did anyone think clarke was time-wasting?

he may have been involved in various niggles (and while he wasn't blameless, i think he was also sought out by some of the kiddy players), but i don't remember any gamesmanship.
Clarke's a dirty player. It's good to see. Wish we had a few more like him. (No irony attached to this post.)
amershamwrighty
Puberty

Re:

Post by amershamwrighty »

&quotAscension Ox&quot wrote:
&quotMatt D&quot wrote:did anyone think clarke was time-wasting?

Clarke's a dirty player. It's good to see. Wish we had a few more like him. (No irony attached to this post.)
I think you make a good point. In the first half, one of their strikers committed a nasty foul and got away with it. At the time, I mentioned that we needed a Martin Gray or a Gary Briggs to give him a whack (defined as an extremely firm and just about legal challenge) but that we don't seem to have anyone like that. As the game wore on, Clarkey showed that he could cut it in that role.
deanwindass
Puberty

Re:

Post by deanwindass »

Basically yes, but I still feel that there were few frustratingly baffling decisions (which I have witnessed many of this season) at the expense of a few decisions where she really just lacked balls. :)
Matt D
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by Matt D »

&quotAscension Ox&quot wrote:Clarke's a dirty player. It's good to see. Wish we had a few more like him. (No irony attached to this post.)
i'm not sure what you mean by 'dirty' - if you mean he's comfortable with pulling shirts and leaving a foot in, i agree. i also agree that we needed some of that to stay in this game.

i was just surprised at him being singled out as a time-waster - one of the sort of things i'd describe as 'gamesmanship', a stretching of the rules - i didn't see that.
deanwindass
Puberty

Post by deanwindass »

I completely agree. He didn't intentionally hurt anyone and didn't break the rules as far as I could tell. Stealing a few yards on a throw and taking your time over it when you're 1-0 up is fairly standard. God knows how many times we've been on the end of that and its gone unmentioned and unpunished.

I could't tell what he did apart from a minor foul in the scuffle in which he got punched to deserve equal punishment to the Kiddy player?