Lowest Away Attendance

Anything yellow and blue
MightyOxford1982
Brat

Lowest Away Attendance

Post by MightyOxford1982 »

I noticed that in the match report on the mian page that the gentleman thought that was the lowest away att in a competive game?

Im wondering if anyone can remember a lower turnout?

Im thinking Port Vale at home the last game at the Manor i swear there was only about 10 fans as they had another away game the night b4 away at Bristol Rovers!

Any other games you folks remmeber being lower?
Demanding Fans Not Having Fun = Players Being Crushed Under Pressure Dont Forget Non League Football Is Played By Non League Players.
Pe├▒a Oxford United
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Pe├▒a Oxford United »

I do remember going to an away match at Blackburn (2-2, they equalised from a penalty rebound in about the 96th minute) where the LRC had to hire a minibus rather than a coach because so few people wanted to go.
entirely disenchanted
boris
Grumpy old git

Post by boris »

I went to this game, on a half-full LRC, and I swear there were no more than 30 United fans present. However, I was only 16 and my memory's crap at the best of times, which this clearly wasn't.
Ascension Ox
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by Ascension Ox »

&quotboris&quot wrote:I went to this game, on a half-full LRC, and I swear there were no more than 30 United fans present. However, I was only 16 and my memory's crap at the best of times, which this clearly wasn't.
I went to that game. At the old Fellows Park. What a dump. Couldn't say the away end was thronging that night.
boris
Grumpy old git

Post by boris »

My main memory of that game was afterwards, on the way back to the coach (for some reason parked about half a mile from the ground). We got jumped by a load of Walsall fans, and of the group of five that I was in, I was the only one who didn't get a thumping.
OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by OUFC4eva »

&quotboris&quot wrote:I went to this game, on a half-full LRC, and I swear there were no more than 30 United fans present. However, I was only 16 and my memory's crap at the best of times, which this clearly wasn't.
What a good young striker Mick Tait was.

I was gutted when we sold him to Carlisle for £58,000 in 1977.
MightyOxford1982
Brat

Post by MightyOxford1982 »

The lowest away attendance i was in was the Offically 57 aways fans we took to Tonbridge but in all honestly it was more like 80/90.

Although with 15 mins to kick off i was the only away fan there i have to admit i was getitng worried lol i dont wanna be a billy no mates.

For some stupid reason i went by train from reading to the game didnt get home till 2:30am i wasnt amused by it all really!
Demanding Fans Not Having Fun = Players Being Crushed Under Pressure Dont Forget Non League Football Is Played By Non League Players.
Swissbloke
Mid-life Crisis

Swansea LC Round 1 2nd leg

Post by Swissbloke »

http://www.rageonline.co.uk/mainpage.ph ... :00:00.000

I'm sure there was less than 30 of us at this.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

Bury away under Kemp was 32.

The Oxford Mail did a feature about it.
Pe├▒a Oxford United
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Pe├▒a Oxford United »

&quotSwissbloke&quot wrote:I'm sure there were fewer than thirty of us at this.
I can't even remember if I was there.
entirely disenchanted