Duffy replaced by Defender shocker...........

Anything yellow and blue
theox
Middle-Aged Spread

Duffy replaced by Defender shocker...........

Post by theox »

Matt D
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Matt D »

&quotone in one out&quot apparently. does this mean we don't get a new striker until another of The Six is taken?

oh dear.

that aside, presumably this means jeanin will be pushed up to the left wing?
Jim
Embryo

Post by Jim »

Me thinks Corcoran will be on his way soon then...
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Post by Mooro »

sorry to spoil a good dig!

http://www.oxfordmail.net/mostpopular.v ... _duffy.php

Then again, none of the three have signed yet, so...

Anyway, bit of experience at left back to allow us not to have to rely on Jeannin must be a good thing, seems Weedon didnt put in the best display last week. Regular starter for 6 of last 7 seasons, cant be that bad then, surely?

Think he's on a month loan initially, but if we like him are we able to sign him properly after that month or do we have to extend his loan to the summer and wait until then to sign him permanently?
Radley Rambler
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Radley Rambler »

&quotMatt D&quot wrote:&quotone in one out&quot apparently. does this mean we don't get a new striker until another of The Six is taken?

oh dear.

No it doesn't - the article states that DP is trying to bring another player in before tomorrow's game which one assumes will be a striker. Howard looks like a good loanee - plenty of experience.
Mally
Grumpy old git

Re: Duffy replaced by Defender shocker...........

Post by Mally »

&quottheox&quot wrote:http://www.oufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Ne ... 55,00.html

God help us.................
But there are defenders and defenders. I know its a long time since we've seen a real one but in a 4-4-2 the right sort of full back can be a very effective attacking option. If we get a proper overlapping full back who can cross the ball then it could make a big difference in the goals for column.
Zeke
Dashing young thing

Post by Zeke »

TIU has a link to a Welsh online source that says Matt Green is back with the us for the rest of the season.
Matt D
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by Matt D »

&quotRadley Rambler&quot wrote:
&quotMatt D&quot wrote:&quotone in one out&quot apparently. does this mean we don't get a new striker until another of The Six is taken?

oh dear.

No it doesn't - the article states that DP is trying to bring another player in before tomorrow's game which one assumes will be a striker. Howard looks like a good loanee - plenty of experience.
three in two out then? :?

relieved these strikers have been brought in. sorry to see duffy go, and i hope this won't prove to be a bad mistake. i suspect that we didn't see the best of jeannin, but i do have respect for patterson in that if he's made the decision that they're not part of the future, he's started trying out life without them now.