4%
More worried about relegation
No votes

Total votes: 27

YF Dan
Middle-Aged Spread

Going up?

Post by YF Dan »

After seven games, how are you feeling about this season?

How does this compare to how you felt at the start of the season?

Please explain your vote
YF Dan
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by YF Dan »

Smith needs to go quickly. But I felt that at the start of the season.

The points gap isn't too bad just yet, but the goals scored column points to a very worrying trend.

If we carry on playing 5-3-2 we'll end mid-table and the club will go into meltdown next season.
dr ceri
Brat

dr ceri

Post by dr ceri »

I've gone for no chance based on the facts in front of me rather than what could happen if we do this, if this player does and the capabaility of our squad etc. 532 doesn't work. We're too defensive. We can't score from open play and i predict that in a couple of weeks the gap between us and the top 2 or 3 will be pretty much insurmountable (ie approaching ten points)
Pe├▒a Oxford United
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Pe├▒a Oxford United »

Possible on the grounds that we ought to be good enough to get in the play-offs.
entirely disenchanted
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Kernow Yellow »

&quotPeña Oxford United&quot wrote:Possible on the grounds that we ought to be good enough to get in the play-offs.
What he said. I can see us finishing 4th or 5th, but probably a good 20 points behind the leaders.

Given our ability to bottle big games I don't think we'll win the play-offs even if we make them but hey, anything's possible.

I would be surprised if neither Torquay nor Stevenage won the league.
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Post by GodalmingYellow »

A lot of the options potentially overlap, so I've gone for possible.

Unless things change, by which the management approach changes, we certainly won't get automatic promotion. But we should still make the play offs simply by virtue of the low standard of many of the other sides.

Having said that I consider it equally likely that we will finish mid-table, at which point I would expect Mr Lenagan to begin re-directing his resources.
Ascension Ox
Middle-Aged Spread

Re: Going up?

Post by Ascension Ox »

&quotYF Dan&quot wrote:After seven games, how are you feeling about this season?

How does this compare to how you felt at the start of the season?

Please explain your vote
No vote from me. Too early to conclude anything.
YF Dan
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by YF Dan »

...apart from the conclusion it's too early to conclude anything
John Byrne's Underpants
Puberty

Post by John Byrne's Underpants »

I went for possible. I can't give up after 7 games, but it is worrying at the moment. Things need to change. I'm just hoping we can keep in touch and come on strong towards the end of the season, but I fear that's just a false hope.
scooter
Dashing young thing

Post by scooter »

Possible.

But not if we don't make some changes swiftly.
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

Seven games gone and five points behind the leaders - dreadful! We have to play them twice and with only 39 games left to make up the difference we've had it already! If the League was won by the first week of September we'd be in Div 4 this season. Christ almighty there's a flap on! And people talk with such authority about how we may fair against teams they haven't even seen yet - how do we know how good/bad they are or whether we're likely to beat them or not? Anything is possible!

Before the tirade of repetition of opinions already posted on here I will point out that I too am depressed about what has happened so far (I'm a glass half empty type of person) but bloody hell! I'm beginning to wonder if Methven is a multi-poster on here. Trouble is you'll probably take pleasure in telling us you were right at the end of the season!

And no, I haven't got any answers.
Geoff
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Geoff »

I went for possible because we do have a stronger squad than last year and at times we do play better football.
Matt D
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Matt D »

possible.

it's early days, and we don't know everything: but this is about opinion.

i can see us dropping points at home against teams we shouldn't. torquay seem strong, stevenage looked a very good side - we need to keep ourselves in touching distance for the time being.
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Post by Baboo »

On the evidence so far - conceivable.
Ask me again after 12, 20, 30, 40 games into the season.
DLT
Mid-life Crisis

Post by DLT »

I went for conceivable.But I have seen more away games than home.

What concerns me is that I can see no change in tactics or game plans since Patto was brought into the fold. Certainly the team spirit looks more upbeat but Patto appears not to have influenced Jim's game plan.