The Ashes - warning: contains Silly Point

Anything yellow and blue
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Post by A-Ro »

To be fair Warney was able to turn it on tarmac.
Sackcloth Ox
Puberty

Post by Sackcloth Ox »

Bit surprised you're not going to the Ashes Mr A-Ro. You usually send us green with envy with your reports of following England cricket team abroad in Cape Town/Barbados etc during the winter months.

You're an RBS man are'nt you? You staying at home something to do with Jack and Jill Taxpayer being your employer now?

Personally I think all state owned bank employees should be put on the minimum wage until they start lending SME business community some money.

:wink: :wink:
amershamwrighty
Puberty

Re:

Post by amershamwrighty »

&quotSackcloth Ox&quot wrote:Bit surprised you're not going to the Ashes Mr A-Ro. You usually send us green with envy with your reports of following England cricket team abroad in Cape Town/Barbados etc during the winter months.

You're an RBS man are'nt you? You staying at home something to do with Jack and Jill Taxpayer being your employer now?

Personally I think all state owned bank employees should be put on the minimum wage until they start lending SME business community some money.

Ha ha !

I think you'll find that RBS lending to the UK business community increased by 9% in 3Q2010 compared to the previous quarter, and by 34% compared to the same quarter in 2009.

I suspect that A-Ro is staying at home for a mundane reason like 'not got enough 2010 holiday left'........

I would much rather pick on students and their tuition fees grizzle !
SmileyMan
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by SmileyMan »

&quotSackcloth Ox&quot wrote:Personally I think all state owned bank employees should be put on the minimum wage until they start lending SME business community some money.

Ah, but they ARE lending SMEs money. Any anecdotal evidence you may have heard can be dismissed as extreme individual cases.

Of course, by &quotlending money&quot the banks mean &quotoffering business credit cards with 29.9% rates.&quot The fact that small businesses don't take these up is their own faults.
Sackcloth Ox
Puberty

Re:

Post by Sackcloth Ox »

&quotamershamwrighty&quot wrote:
&quotSackcloth Ox&quot wrote:Bit surprised you're not going to the Ashes Mr A-Ro. You usually send us green with envy with your reports of following England cricket team abroad in Cape Town/Barbados etc during the winter months.

Ha ha !

I think you'll find that RBS lending to the UK business community increased by 9% in 3Q2010 compared to the previous quarter, and by 34% compared to the same quarter in 2009.

I suspect that A-Ro is staying at home for a mundane reason like 'not got enough 2010 holiday left'........

Of course, silly me. Students are all to blame.

I forgot of course that NatWest is a 'helpful bank'. It repairs cricket pavillions according to their adverts. It spends millions of taxpayers' money telling us about its 14 point customer charter. My lord sometimes it even opens on Saturdays.

But unfortunately it doesn't lend money to small businesses. Coz its parent is exposed to a massive property book. And small businesses are just too risky to lend to . Even though small business employs 61% of our workforce.

The adverts are blatant lies. Paid for by us!

This bank is not 'helping' its customers.

Stil I'm not blaming you personally A-Ro. The fact you're a United fan wins the day.

:wink:
amershamwrighty
Puberty

Re:

Post by amershamwrighty »

&quotSackcloth Ox&quot wrote:

Ha ha !

I forgot of course that NatWest is a 'helpful bank'. It repairs cricket pavillions according to their adverts. It spends millions of taxpayers' money telling us about its 14 point customer charter. My lord sometimes it even opens on Saturdays.

But unfortunately it doesn't lend money to small businesses. Coz its parent is exposed to a massive property book. And small businesses are just too risky to lend to . Even though small business employs 61% of our workforce.

Stil I'm not blaming you personally A-Ro. The fact you're a United fan wins the day.

Tee hee !

Pardon me for confusing the situation by providing hard facts.

We are all United fans, whatever hysterical viewpoints we might peddle about the commercial world !
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

Post by GodalmingYellow »

&quotA-Ro&quot wrote:To be fair Warney was able to turn it on tarmac.
Should bloody well hope so. Turning a cricket ball on tarmac should be easy.

Swanny of course can turn it on an ice rink....we hope!
Ancient Colin
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Ancient Colin »

&quotSackcloth Ox&quot wrote: But unfortunately it doesn't lend money to small businesses. Coz its parent is exposed to a massive property book.
Well, lots of advantages to that. Particularly if you are an ivory-towered academic advising on debt restructuring (and, with the students all off dropping fire extinguishers from tower blocks, one might need something to occupy the time).
Sackcloth Ox
Puberty

Re:

Post by Sackcloth Ox »

&quotSackcloth Ox&quot wrote:
&quotamershamwrighty&quot wrote: Ha ha !

Tee hee !

Pardon me for confusing the situation by providing hard facts.

We are all United fans, whatever hysterical viewpoints we might peddle about the commercial world !
And what 'hard facts' might they be then?

'Fact' of the matter to me as a 15 year experienced restructuring adviser to the sME community is that in fact HM Revenue and Customs have done far more to keep UK small business alive then the banks with their Time To Pay Scheme.

They've deferred so much tax that £42billion remains as collectable but has not yet been collected.

Keep painting those cricket pavs Natwest, you're doing a fine job :roll:
Sackcloth Ox
Puberty

Re:

Post by Sackcloth Ox »

&quotAncient Colin&quot wrote:
&quotSackcloth Ox&quot wrote: But unfortunately it doesn't lend money to small businesses. Coz its parent is exposed to a massive property book.
Well, lots of advantages to that. Particularly if you are an ivory-towered academic advising on debt restructuring (and, with the students all off dropping fire extinguishers from tower blocks, one might need something to occupy the time).
Then i'm surprised you 1 have any time left to lecture your students 2 have any time at all to post on this august forum. That's a big job you've got there.
SmileyMan
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by SmileyMan »

&quotSackcloth Ox&quot wrote:'Fact' of the matter to me as a 15 year experienced restructuring adviser to the sME community is that in fact HM Revenue and Customs have done far more to keep UK small business alive then the banks with their Time To Pay Scheme.
I had a pretty angry exchange with my Small Business Adviser (who unfortunately now is just a barrier between you and the mysterious 'credit team' - who toss a coin with &quotNo&quot written on both sides) where I pointed out that when HMRC is more helpful and efficient than your bank, maybe the bank is doing something wrong.

What really, really annoys me is the money that they used to bail out the existing banks could actually have been used to set up a brand new National Bank, lending at reasonable terms, and then when the markets recover, privatised for a healthy profit. Instead they just handed over cash to people with morals that would embarass tomcats.
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Post by A-Ro »

Blimey AO - get over yourself.
SmileyMan
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by SmileyMan »

Back on topic......Ponting hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

hahahahahahahahahhahahah
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Post by A-Ro »

The pre match reminds me of the Billy Birmingham sketch with the cracks being bigger than a Melbourn whore.
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Post by A-Ro »

The referral system, discuss.