crawley point deduction reduced to 1 on appeal

Anything yellow and blue
scooter
Dashing young thing

Re:

Post by scooter »

&quotMatt D&quot wrote:If I were in Lee's position, I hope I'd answer all the questions raised.
In my experience people who get into positions such as Mr Lee do so exactly by not answering questions.
slappy
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by slappy »

&quotslappy&quot wrote:What also seems to have happened is the relevant rule and its application to substitutes is now different to when I asked the FA about it.

Version 1 - what the FA told me...
Any Club found to have played an ineligible player in a match shall have any points gained from that match deducted from its record and have levied upon it a fine in accordance with the Fines Tariff. The Company may vary the decision in respect of the points gained only in circumstances where the ineligibility is due to the failure to obtain an International Transfer Certificate or in the case of where a substitute player who was intended to be a participant in a match or was listed on the official team sheet did not participate in that match.

Version 2 - posted on TIU by Oxymoron
6.8 PLAYING AN INELIGIBLE PLAYER
Any Club found to have played an ineligible player in a match shall have any points gained from that match deducted from its record and have levied upon it a fine in accordance with the Fines Tariff. The Company [that is, the Football Conference] may vary this decision in respect of the points gained only in circumstances where the ineligibility is due to the failure to obtain an International Transfer Certificate or in the case of where a substitute player who is ineligible participates in a match or is listed on the official team sheet but does not participate in that match.
----------------
So the rule has changed from only allowing discretion for non-playing substitutes to allowing full discretion for substitutes, whether they play or not.

Why can't the Club / the FA / the Conference / Oxvox / people in the know at least tell us the rules clearly, what exactly the club got wrong, and explain how the Conference have applied the points deduction.

At least we didn't win or draw more games / Eddie didn't start more games when not registered. Seems this must have been at least 6 games when he was on the team sheet, possibly up to 11.
Oxyomoron replied back on TIU to say his version was from the FA Rule book, which is supposed to be incorporated into the rules of the top 6 levels of English football.

Which perhaps explains why the substitute discretion was applied to us and to Crawley (on appeal)