Chester City again....

Anything yellow and blue
boris
Grumpy old git

Post by boris »

Latest news is that a Danish consortium is in negotiations to buy Chester. I hope that a) they do their due diligence before parting with any money, b) the FA implement their Fit &amp Proper Persons test (for all the difference that'll make), and c) nothing happens without the express wish of the CFU.

I can't decide whether these Danes are either very naive, dupes of Vaughan to ensure that Chester don't get voted out, or white knights on a white charger riding to the rescue.

Whatever happens, I suspect that our game on Saturday won't happen (but if it does, anyone want a lift?)
Snake
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Snake »

&quotboris&quot wrote:Latest news is that a Danish consortium is in negotiations to buy Chester. I hope that a) they do their due diligence before parting with any money, b) the FA implement their Fit &amp Proper Persons test (for all the difference that'll make), and c) nothing happens without the express wish of the CFU.

I can't decide whether these Danes are either very naive, dupes of Vaughan to ensure that Chester don't get voted out, or white knights on a white charger riding to the rescue.

Whatever happens, I suspect that our game on Saturday won't happen (but if it does, anyone want a lift?)
More info, but it doesn't look like they are viable.

http://www.cityfansunited.com/component ... rtium.html
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Post by GodalmingYellow »

Why would anyone with sanity, buy a football club with such low gates (even pre the fans boycott) with £700k debts to an owner, which have arisen in 7 months, guaranteed relegation and with a fans group that dn't want to know?

It would be very easy for the Vaughan family to say there are potential investors in the wings as a scheme to buy more time and/or more votes, knowing that the alternative is that they lose a shed load of money and control of the city's major football club forever.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

Now they appear to be saved. Well, until the next bit of contrary news.

http://www.chesterfirst.co.uk/sport/853 ... ty-fc.aspx
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Mooro »

&quotSnake&quot wrote:Now they appear to be saved. Well, until the next bit of contrary news.

set up by Mark Wrights PR company eh?

Wayne Hatswell as manager perhaps?
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotSnake&quot wrote:Now they appear to be saved. Well, until the next bit of contrary news.

&quotI feel a deal can be done between now and March 6th if the funds are put in place.

What a massive IF that is. Odds against it happening ?
Ancient Colin
Grumpy old git

Post by Ancient Colin »

Danes, eh? Saving Chester's bacon?

Um, I'll get my coat ...
Ascension Ox
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by Ascension Ox »

&quotAncient Colin&quot wrote:Danes, eh? Saving Chester's bacon?

Um, I'll get my coat ...
Ooof you beat me to it, I'll lay a pound to a penny that these are European business associates of Mr Vaughan. I wonder if they too are mates with well known international Merseyside businessman, Curtis Warren. Like Stephen Vaughan is.

CCFC has got to be kicked out asap.

See:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/theobserver/2 ... magazine47
Radley Rambler
Grumpy old git

Post by Radley Rambler »

Calling Oxvox committee members:

Could you ask the club to provide some guidance on whether there is any chance of next Saturday's game going ahead at the Deva?

I'm planning to go if it is on but am currently assuming it is not.

Some help would be appreciated!
boris
Grumpy old git

Post by boris »

I think it would be a better use of OxVox's time to lobby Kelvin to vote to expel Chester. In the interests of football.
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Post by Kernow Yellow »

I'm worried that if we find out late on Friday that we've got to go and play at Chester on Saturday, we might well slip up due to not being in the right frame of mind and the opposition being more than normally motivated.

The worrying thing is the sheer number of Conference clubs that don't want to lose the points they've gained. Not just at the top of the table either, some mid-table teams will suddenly find themselves in big relegation trouble. If the League is recommending expulsion, I hope clubs are not allowed to vote the other way out of pure self-interest without having to justify their decision on footballing grounds. It must be impressed upon the clubs that the question is whether Chester have breached the rules to an extent that warrants their expulsion, not whether the clubs want Chester expelled.
boris
Grumpy old git

Post by boris »

My understanding is that OUFC are treating the game as though it will be going ahead and are travelling up to Chester on the Friday for an overnight stay.

I agree with what you say about voting on the breach of the rules rather than on self-interest. My worry is that clubs might be able to use this bid from the Danish lot as a reason for voting to keep Chester in the Conference. I wonder whether a vote to keep Chester in the league, in opposition to the recommendation of the Conference Board, might lead to a vote of no confidence in the board?
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Mooro »

&quotMooro&quot wrote:
&quotboris&quot wrote:Case adjourned for 42 days until 10 March. Their official site claims that they're seeking a CVA and all that they owe is £26,125 to HMRC and £20,000 to other creditors. Sounds like a load of bollocks to me, but without access to their accounts who am I to question Mr Vaughan?
You just know what is going to happen don't you....

New knight in shining armour appears during w/c Mon 22nd Feb and announces takeover deal.
CFU rejoice, cancel the boycott &amp encourage all fans to turn up on the Saturday to welcome the new owners.
The players respond to the packed house and claim a shock win over the title favourites.
10th March, new owners elect request another 4 week adjournment as they have had insufficient opportunity to fully take hold of the true financial situation at the club.
6th April, new owner throws in towel due to extent of obstacles put up by the Vaughans meaning:
7th April, club officially wound up with three weeks of season to go.
Fri 9th April, Brian Lee announces that the Conference Board are to meet urgently to discuss how the situation to be handled.
Fri 16th April, original meeting cancelled as confirmations faced by two board members fail to be found.
Fri 23rd April, Conference Board finally convene to discuss issue, but are sidetracked by earlier agenda item on paper clips and adjourn the rest of the meeting until the Monday.
Sat 24th April, final league games played, leaving Stevenage top by one point from Oxford.
Mon 26th April, all eyes on Birmingham as Mr Lee and Co face the difficult decision of whether to follow their main rulebook and expunge all points gained in games against Chester (ie Stevenage 6, Oxford 3) or invoke Appendix 6.1.i.iv.x &quotMr Lee has the right to invoke any arbitrary rule he sees fit&quot and award 3 points to those sides which were still to play Chester when they folded, &quot....as it seemed a shame to discount their influence entirely, given how late in the season it was when they folded....&quot

You heard it here first
Beware Danes in shining armour...arriving right on cue.

OK, so CFU arent happy, but players will be (if they get paid)...
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Post by Kernow Yellow »

Interesting quotes from the Histon chairman here. The clubs are in a difficult position. It's up to the board to make the case for expulsion, rather than just leave the clubs to it. Hopefully that's what will happen on Friday and common sense will prevail.

And a good article about the Danes here including some astonishing quotes.
Dr Bob
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Dr Bob »

A damning indictment, methinks, that there is no longer any serious discussion about whether the Danes (or anyone else) are fit and proper persons.