Pre-season friendlies

Anything yellow and blue
Mkdon
Embryo

Post by Mkdon »

As Pete Winkelman said himself about the move&quot that perhaps in hindsight things could have been done better way&quot

What's done is done there are now two clubs that are financial being run correct and with good fanbases and don't forgot other clubs have formed from each other before i.e. Everton and Liverpool and look at there sucsess.
Any way I have hopefully helped some to look at the argument in different way.
Good luck for next season and hope to see good turn out at are friendly. :lol:
JoeyBeauchamp
Dashing young thing

Re:

Post by JoeyBeauchamp »

&quotMkdon&quot wrote:As Pete Winkelman said himself about the move&quot that perhaps in hindsight things could have been done better way&quot

What's done is done there are now two clubs that are financial being run correct and with good fanbases and don't forgot other clubs have formed from each other before i.e. Everton and Liverpool and look at there sucsess.
Any way I have hopefully helped some to look at the argument in different way.
Good luck for next season and hope to see good turn out at are friendly. :lol:
You'll find if you stick about that the forum will forgive you most things - even supporting MK Dons - but not a misuse of the words their/there/they're.
BigCrompy
Puberty

Re:

Post by BigCrompy »

&quotMkdon&quot wrote:As Pete Winkelman said himself about the move&quot that perhaps in hindsight things could have been done better way&quot.
Are we assume there will be an application forthcoming to play in next year's Hellenic League? That might well 'be a better way'....but I wouldn't have my money on it!
&quotMkdon&quot wrote:What's done is done there are now two clubs that are financial being run correct and with good fanbases and don't forgot other clubs have formed from each other before i.e. Everton and Liverpool and look at there sucsess.
In either case, you would say their success was hard-fought and merited. And besides, Everton FC still existed for it's fans after the split and formation of Liverpool FC. (Liverpool FC played in (and won) the most appropriate standard available to them on formation, the Lancashire League, before their escalation to the heady heights of the Football League). This is a poor example and there is no comparison.

I don't think anyone begrudges you on a personal level what you are lucky enough to have, and you do at least seem to acknowledge that you are very lucky to have been gifted what your loyal Woking, Altricham and Kettering fans will never be lucky enough to experience through fair means.

(Incidentally just to be two-faced about this, I do happen to remember being especially excited to hear Wimbledon FC almost seriously considered becoming Dublin City FC in the Prem for a period, which would have been a logistical and administrative nightmare, but also extremely interesting!)
bspittles
Brat

Re:

Post by bspittles »

&quotBigCrompy&quot wrote: (Incidentally just to be two-faced about this, I do happen to remember being especially excited to hear Wimbledon FC almost seriously considered becoming Dublin City FC in the Prem for a period, which would have been a logistical and administrative nightmare, but also extremely interesting!)
Going off-topic, did you know that Guernsey FC plan to play in the Kent League next season?
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Mooro »

&quotbspittles&quot wrote:
&quotBigCrompy&quot wrote: (Incidentally just to be two-faced about this, I do happen to remember being especially excited to hear Wimbledon FC almost seriously considered becoming Dublin City FC in the Prem for a period, which would have been a logistical and administrative nightmare, but also extremely interesting!)
Going off-topic, did you know that Guernsey FC plan to play in the Kent League next season?

....with I believe, former U's youth defender Angus Mackay in their ranks (or if not he is certainly playing on the island nowadays)
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

Post by GodalmingYellow »

I heard they wanted to play in the Combined Counties League.
Dartford Ox
Puberty

Post by Dartford Ox »

Just noticed our 29th July fixture is against 'Corporacion Deportiva Everton' according to the BBC site.

That googles to
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Everton_de ... 1a_del_Mar

Any truth in this - Nothing about Chile on the OUFC site
bspittles
Brat

Re:

Post by bspittles »

&quotGodalmingYellow&quot wrote:
I heard they wanted to play in the Combined Counties League.
You're quite correct. In 2008 there was talk of them joining the Kent League, but the Combined Counties League now seems to be the favoured option.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Snake »

Also maybe going off-topic, but why no Court Place Farm this year? Nothing I know why City have upset United, or vice-versa.
theox
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by theox »

&quotSnake&quot wrote:
Also maybe going off-topic, but why no Court Place Farm this year? Nothing I know why City have upset United, or vice-versa.
I heard it was something to do with United poaching some City youth players. Don't have any specifics though.
headless_pnub
Brat

Re:

Post by headless_pnub »

&quottheox&quot wrote:
&quotSnake&quot wrote:
&quotbspittles&quot wrote: Going off-topic, did you know that Guernsey FC plan to play in the Kent League next season?
I heard it was something to do with United poaching some City youth players. Don't have any specifics though.
I think it's more to do with dates and the US tour. Nothing sinister as far as I am aware.

I can't see why they'd have a problem with a local professional club taking on youth players, in fact they should want the players to become professionals, no? That's just a fact of life as a non-professional club isn't it?