Will They come knocking?

Anything yellow and blue
tomoufc
Dashing young thing

Re:

Post by tomoufc »

&quotTabbernackle&quot wrote:I would like to see him get a better chance at a higher club :shock:
Obviously you're just on a wind-up mission.
&quotI've been a slave to football. It follows you home, it follows you everywhere, and eats into your family life. But every working man misses out on some things because of his job. &quot
Tabbernackle
Brat

Post by Tabbernackle »

Yes and no!
headless_pnub
Brat

Re:

Post by headless_pnub »

&quotTabbernackle&quot wrote:Yes and no!
We get it, you don't like the bloke. The fact that you think the job should be given jointly (how ridiculously 'tinpot' would that be) to two guys with no management experience should CW go specks volumes to me.
Whether you like it or not Wilder is doing a good job and so far his signings seem to be once again moving us forward.

I know every club has them, it just seems we have more than our fair share.
SmileyMan
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by SmileyMan »

There's a Blades press conference tomorrow down to Wilson, Robins and Hill by all accounts.

I guess we're lucky that all the L1 clubs seem to be pretty stable that would be the big danger.
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotSmileyMan&quot wrote:There's a Blades press conference tomorrow down to Wilson, Robins and Hill by all accounts.

I guess we're lucky that all the L1 clubs seem to be pretty stable that would be the big danger.
Why? What would look better on his CV - winning promotion to L1 or keeping a team in L1? Building a football club / team takes time.
Question - is Chris Wilder and his family happily settled in Oxfordshire?
SmileyMan
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by SmileyMan »

&quotBaboo&quot wrote:
&quotSmileyMan&quot wrote:There's a Blades press conference tomorrow down to Wilson, Robins and Hill by all accounts.

Why? What would look better on his CV - winning promotion to L1 or keeping a team in L1? Building a football club / team takes time.
Question - is Chris Wilder and his family happily settled in Oxfordshire?
A top-quarter L1 team who've just had their boss poached by a bigger fish would be the danger, if they could wave more money at CW than we could match, and the chance to win promotion to the Championship.

Like I said, most of the L1 teams seem settled at the moment.
SmileyMan
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by SmileyMan »

So they went for Danny Wilson. Apparently there's already a poll with 100 signatures calling for him to go!

The fact that a relegated Championship club were prepared to go with the boss of a relegated L1 club shows that we're not as safe from poaching as some might think.

In fact, I think promotion this season is essential in order to hang on to Wilder.
Radley Rambler
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Radley Rambler »

&quotSmileyMan&quot wrote:So they went for Danny Wilson. Apparently there's already a poll with 100 signatures calling for him to go!

The fact that a relegated Championship club were prepared to go with the boss of a relegated L1 club shows that we're not as safe from poaching as some might think.

In fact, I think promotion this season is essential in order to hang on to Wilder.
Good old Danny, that's two favours he has done us.

'In fact, I think promotion this season is essential in order to hang on to Wilder' - why, if he doesn't achieve it - then surely he's less attractive to others?