crawley point deduction reduced to 1 on appeal

Anything yellow and blue
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

You just know that the publication of this review will take the exact amount of time as it will take OUFC to be 5 points away from mathematically not making the play-offs.

Wilder’s resurgence must be causing them a real headache at Conference HQ, so let’s hope it goes all the way to the last game - or better still, that we finish less than five points off 5th place and the issue is still alive at the very end.

p.s. the letters were good, but at the end OxVox should have said &quotand we know where you live..&quot.
Sideshow Rob
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by Sideshow Rob »

&quotSnake&quot wrote:You just know that the publication of this review will take the exact amount of time as it will take OUFC to be 5 points away from mathematically not making the play-offs.

Wilder’s resurgence must be causing them a real headache at Conference HQ, so let’s hope it goes all the way to the last game - or better still, that we finish less than five points off 5th place and the issue is still alive at the very end.

p.s. the letters were good, but at the end OxVox should have said &quotand we know where you live..&quot.
Now Brian Lee, Chairman of the Conference has written to OxVox to say they will keep the results of the review in house. No doubt they have already unearthed some embarrassing facts. I think OxVox needs to campaign hard to stop them getting away with this. The report should be published well before the end of the season and should contain a full audit of player registrations up to the time when they changed the system.
Radley Rambler
Grumpy old git

Post by Radley Rambler »

Agreed Rob.

Oxvox wrote an excellent letter to Brian Lee and his reply was very disappointing.

Can I therefore, suggest that those fans going to Kettering on Thursday display banners etc.

Mr Lee's letter confirming that the findings of their review will remain 'inhouse and private' only heightens suspicions that there are a number of unregistered players that have been discovered by the review. Perhaps some of these players ply their trade for our play-off rivals?

With Thursday's game being on tv, an opportunity exists to raise awareness of this issue with factual, polite banners e.g. - 'Brian Lee - publish the review findings'. If there are a number of these banners, journalists covering/watching the game may take an interest in the subject and start to ask the conference similar questions to those posed by Oxvox.

This action can only help the cause.

btw - where are the Oxford Mail in all of this, why aren't they pushing the conference for answers?
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

Where are the Club in all of this, why aren't they pushing the conference for answers?

If they don’t want to, then maybe they should say why.
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotRadley Rambler&quot wrote:Mr Lee's letter confirming that the findings of their review will remain 'inhouse and private' only heightens suspicions that there are a number of unregistered players that have been discovered by the review.
This is absolutely scandalous.

Would it now be possible to mount a legal challenge?

If the review had found nothing they would have published it.
They have obviously found something they don't want us to know about, which means four clubs have been treated differently to another x no. of clubs that presumably fielded so called, in the BSP officials eyes, unregistered players.

Someone needs to co-ordinate a very focused campaign in the next four days.
Sideshow Rob
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by Sideshow Rob »

&quotBaboo&quot wrote:
&quotRadley Rambler&quot wrote:Mr Lee's letter confirming that the findings of their review will remain 'inhouse and private' only heightens suspicions that there are a number of unregistered players that have been discovered by the review.

They have obviously found something they don't want us to know about, which means four clubs have been treated differently to another x no. of clubs that presumably fielded so called, in the BSP officials eyes, unregistered players.

The FA, as the senior football authority, can force the hand of minor leagues in cases of maladministration, according to their constitution. This would seem to be a promising line to pursue if the Conference don't come up with another u-turn in the next few days.

I think I read somewhere that the FA did intervene when the same problem came to light in the British Gas Southern League. The exact same flawed registration process caused a similar problem and now the same administrator who presided over that cock-up has used the same lazy procedure to screw up the Conference. However, I could be wrong about this. Does anyone know the full story of the Southern League player registration fiasco?
Roo
Mid-life Crisis

Re:

Post by Roo »

&quotRadley Rambler&quot wrote:Agreed Rob.

Oxvox wrote an excellent letter to Brian Lee and his reply was very disappointing.

Can I therefore, suggest that those fans going to Kettering on Thursday display banners etc.

Mr Lee's letter confirming that the findings of their review will remain 'inhouse and private' only heightens suspicions that there are a number of unregistered players that have been discovered by the review. Perhaps some of these players ply their trade for our play-off rivals?

With Thursday's game being on tv, an opportunity exists to raise awareness of this issue with factual, polite banners e.g. - 'Brian Lee - publish the review findings'. If there are a number of these banners, journalists covering/watching the game may take an interest in the subject and start to ask the conference similar questions to those posed by Oxvox.

btw - where are the Oxford Mail in all of this, why aren't they pushing the conference for answers?

Great idea Radders........lets get those banners going!
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

Post by GodalmingYellow »

&quotBaboo&quot wrote:

I agree this is scandalous, and it reeks of malpractice.

OxVox need to go for the jugular on this one.
Radley Rambler
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Radley Rambler »

&quotGodalmingYellow&quot wrote:
&quotBaboo&quot wrote:

I agree this is scandalous, and it reeks of malpractice.

OxVox need to go for the jugular on this one.
Could one of the Oxvox committee members outline planned next steps?
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

The next step for OxVox should be to approach the club and say something like “do you actually give a shit about this, and if so, do you mind saying so publicly and helping yourself and OxVox out?
Matt D
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Matt D »

Next steps are being discussed, but I think it's safe to say we would like to continue our correspondence with Mr. Lee, and one or two other individuals. There is continued interest from the 'non-league media'.

I personally would love to see banners and so on at Kettering but am not going so mumble mumble... Things like this keep the issue in the media profile - there'll be another piece on the Non-League show tonight when Martin Shaw from Stags Fans United, the other signatory trust to the letter, will be speaking again about the issue.

The campaign has been a supporter-led initiative so far, and is about how fair the process has been, the efficacy of the Conference's procedures, and the way it communicates with and conducts itself towards supporters. I think the Club would have problems getting on board 'officially', as it leads to the obvious question of 'why didn't you appeal then?', but as individuals we've seen the squad and management lend their support.
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

I doubt the club can publicly criticise the Conference as they would get in even more trouble. A bit like when a manager criticises the ref and then gets in trouble with the FA.
Frank
Puberty

Re:

Post by Frank »

&quotRoo&quot wrote:

Not going to the game, so having a banner in my front room probably won't help. However, I'm happy to write to the FA and the conference muppets about this situation. Is that the best we/I can do ?
Roo
Mid-life Crisis

Re:

Post by Roo »

&quotFrank&quot wrote:
&quotRoo&quot wrote:

Not going to the game, so having a banner in my front room probably won't help. However, I'm happy to write to the FA and the conference muppets about this situation. Is that the best we/I can do ?[/quote

Why not call football phone-ins on Radio 5 Live and Talk Sport, they are always looking for interesting topics.

You can also e-mail the info direct to the presenter that you think would be most interested.
Roo
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Roo »