U's On TV

Anything yellow and blue
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Mooro »

&quotAncient Colin&quot wrote:
&quotMally&quot wrote:Dagenham at home switched to Monday 26th March on Sky.
Arghhhhhh, b#st*rds, that's the new woman's birthday, how can they do this to me ....

Hang on - That's my missus' birthday too - OI Ancient, you leave my bird alone!!!!!!!!
Pe├▒a Oxford United
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Pe├▒a Oxford United »

What is the record lowest that we know of?
entirely disenchanted
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotMally&quot wrote:
&quotboris&quot wrote:
&quotMally&quot wrote:
I'll qualify it even further - the lowest travelling support for a competitive Oxford United away game since we first joined the Football League (there were probably a few low attendances back in the 1890's).
We'll never know - away attendance never used to be published and in the good old bad old days home and away fans used to enter through the same turnstiles and stand (or fight) together.

I recall some away games back in the late 70's early 80's when there were no more than a dozen or so Oxford fans in evidence on away terraces. Possibly because it was advantageous to keep a low profile.

I recall a trip to Meadow Lane when there was hardly any of us there.
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Post by A-Ro »

4 times in the same season, is that some kind of record? I know we had a spell in the late 90's but I can't think that we've had 4 live games in the last 4 years.
Mally
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Mally »

&quotA-Ro&quot wrote:4 times in the same season, is that some kind of record? I know we had a spell in the late 90's but I can't think that we've had 4 live games in the last 4 years.
I think Sky must have been impressed by the viewing figures for the Rushden game and realised that we have a lot of armchair fans.
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Kernow Yellow »

&quotMally&quot wrote:I think Sky must have been impressed by the viewing figures for the Rushden game and realised that we have a lot of armchair fans.
You don't think it was the quality of the game that impressed them, then?
SmileyMan
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by SmileyMan »

LOL - are they showing Oxford games to remind people why they pay to watch the Premiership? :)
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotMally&quot wrote:I think Sky must have been impressed by the viewing figures for the Rushden game and realised that we have a lot of armchair fans.
Perhaps the viewers fell for the hype on the Oxford Utd web site - &quotWith the Sky camera's rolling it should be a fantastic game.&quot

Once bitten.
Mally
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Mally »

&quotBaboo&quot wrote: Perhaps the viewers fell for the hype on the Oxford Utd web site - &quotWith the Sky camera's rolling it should be a fantastic game.&quot

Once bitten.
Yes a strange claim seeing as the very recent televised game was the most un-fantastic game in living memory.
boris
Grumpy old git

Post by boris »

The live TV games page has now been updated to include all of this season's matches, and also which channel they appeared on.[/img]
The OXman Cometh
Brat

Post by The OXman Cometh »

Hey Boris, i can think of another live game which does not appear on your list, at home versus Stoke City in oct 93, won 1-0, deffo live on ITV.
boris
Grumpy old git

Post by boris »

Thanks, Mr Cometh. I'll check it out when I get home and add it to the list. I think there may be at least one other prior to the Slumdon game in 1992, but I don't know what it is, if it exists.
Operation Boarhunt
Embryo

Post by Operation Boarhunt »

Do pre season friendlies count? I believe the Man U game was live on MUTV (not that I subscribe to that garbage!)

Am I right in saying that the Sunderland game was the first pay per view match that Sky done?
boris
Grumpy old git

Post by boris »

Yes, pre-season friendlies will be added to the list once we can work out how to do it without having to incorporate them into the database (the Mourinho game v Chelsea was also live on Chelsea TV).

And you're right too about the Sunderland game. At least we managed to serve up a deathly dull 0-0 to get the PPV experiment off to a good start.
SteMerritt
Puberty

Re:

Post by SteMerritt »

&quotboris&quot wrote:Yes, pre-season friendlies will be added to the list once we can work out how to do it without having to incorporate them into the database (the Mourinho game v Chelsea was also live on Chelsea TV).
Seperate 'Friendlies' table, union this with the existing Live TV output query. That should do it :wink: