Welcome to the Minchery madhouse Mad Dog

Anything yellow and blue
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re: Welcome to the Minchery madhouse Mad Dog

Post by GodalmingYellow »

Snake wrote:I’m with Neil on this one. It’s far too late to change the manager now and Mad Dog has the potential to inspire the squad and has the backing of at least some of the team it appears. If it was not going to be ML until the end of the season then this sort of situation should have been planned for when Wilder was clearly looking elsewhere in terms of job security. Ditto for Beano and his contract. And Wigan Warriors could potentially become the equivalent of Manchester United in the egg chasing world so that’s a distraction for Rent Boy which is not going to help matters.
If Mad Dog had the potential to inspire the squad, it would have happened by now. The results are worsening not improving, as is the quality of play, and our normally solid defensive record is evaporating.

I couldn't disagree more that it is too late to change the manager now. Quite the opposite, I would say it is essential. Under ML, I am sad to say that I have almost no faith that we will achieve promotion, and I am doubtful that we will even stay in the play offs under ML.

A new manager would be much more likely to inspire a squad playing for new contracts and potential starting places in a promotion squad.
GodalmingYellow
Senile

JoeyBeauchamp wrote:I guess the views from YF and GY just show you can spin any situation to suit your viewpoint - if you believe we should have a new manager in place now then all of the above arguments are valid, if you believe that we would be better off not rushing into anything and taking stock at the end of the season (barring collapse) then you can negate all of those viewpoints. All I would say is that the wrong appointment now could be far more disastrous than sticking with ML and not making it up to League 1 this season. This appointment is absolutely crucial and takes time. Are there many great managers available now? Wouldn't most/a lot be more likely to move at the end of the season?
Its not spin JB, it's just what I believe to be relevant and reflecting the facts and the situation using reasoned argument. I've not tried to distort or twist anything for effect, easy though that would be.

Most managers are available whenever you want them as there is no transfer window. The only potential stumbling block is money and ambition compared to existing employments.
Eric Pollard
Brat

Post by Eric Pollard »

My twin is chasing someone who is in employment, the situation is sensitive and compo is being negotiated; that's why it's seemingly taking an eternity -that's my steer.

EP1 has not handled the communication and PR side of things at all well in re new manager - no wonder there's quite a lot of disgruntlement amongst the supporters.

EP1 would not have been very happy with his captain's interview on Saturday - ' we want mick, we want mick , and you supporters better support us or else.' suggest that personalities are stepping into the vacuum left by a somewhat dilatory decision process - and ahem who does the buck stop with there??

It's too early to say that Mick won't take us to play offs GY - you miserable get! - as my old Lancastrian granny used to say to me when I were knee high to a grasshopper.

We are a lot more gung ho (ha) than we ever were under the dour Yorkie and we are going to do ok at home between now and rest of season. It's not inconceivable that EP1 will take the mick option - not that i'd personally favour it.

Oh and did I forget - 'oop the warriors' :lol:
GodalmingYellow
Senile

That's fine Erkie, I don't mind being a miserable "get".

Decisions on where we will be can't be made using facts that are not known, so they have to be made using the best information available to us, and if it were my decision, I send you dirty northeners back to the slums, so there!
Jimski
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Jimski »

The season is really starting to slip away now. I never particularly wanted Wilder to leave, but also didn't feel all that disappointed when he did. Now I'm beginning to think that perhaps we undervalued him. Perhaps the whole contract thing that essentially forced him into looking elsewhere is going to end up proving a major screw up.
Boogie
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Boogie »

I have read elsewhere that Kevin Keen was at the match today - can anyone on here confirm?

Was (is?) the bookies favourite last week.

Am I right that he is still out of work since leaving West Brom in December?

I would be pleased if there is an announcement on Monday (or soon after) that he is to be the new manager.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

This season is becoming very samey to many previous years since about 2001 both on and off the field apart from this magical game - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 673190.stm

I’m keeping my diary free for the play-off final at Wembley. Despair is the norm but hope is what keeps Us going.
Myles Francis
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Myles Francis »

Boogie wrote:I have read elsewhere that Kevin Keen was at the match today - can anyone on here confirm?

Was (is?) the bookies favourite last week.

Am I right that he is still out of work since leaving West Brom in December?

I would be pleased if there is an announcement on Monday (or soon after) that he is to be the new manager.
Kevin Keen was one of the names who suddenly popped up at the top of the bookies list, but the current odds are meaningless as they will pay out on Mickey if he takes charge on Tuesday.

If the results had remained good enough to keep us in the top three, I think the Lenagans would hold out until the end of the season for someone like Paul Tisdale. As it is, I wouldn't be surprised to see a free agent like Keen appointed sooner rather than later. Provided they can have a good working relationship with Steve Palmer...
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Snake wrote:This season is becoming very samey to many previous years since about 2001 both on and off the field apart from this magical game - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 673190.stm

I’m keeping my diary free for the play-off final at Wembley. Despair is the norm but hope is what keeps Us going.
And York City are coming up on the outside for the play offs too...
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Post by Kernow Yellow »

Myles Francis wrote:Provided they can have a good working relationship with Steve Palmer...
Don't know if I'm being stupid but wouldn't mind an explanation of this comment.
Steppers
Brat

Post by Steppers »

He's the sporting director in waiting that IL is using to interview/find our next manager/head coach
YF Dan
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by YF Dan »

Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

“The current odds are meaningless as they will pay out on Mickey if he takes charge on Tuesday”.

He’s evens with Sky Bet and 1-2 with BetVictor so that seems easy money to me.
Myles Francis
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Myles Francis »

Yep, that one. He's been the Lenagan's football advisor / de facto Director of Football for quite some time now.
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Post by Kernow Yellow »

Thanks. Looks to have an interesting sporting CV. I particularly like the fact that he trapped Foxy Fowler lbw for 49 once!

So is it common knowledge that he's going to be Sporting Director (or whatever the title may be) when the new coach/manager is announced? If so, I'm surprised there hasn't been more talk about him.

Or is it just that he's advising the Lenagans on the way forwards? If that's the case, then maybe he'd be good enough to advise them that we need a new manager asap...