MK Dons Pre-Season Friendly...

Anything yellow and blue
Snake
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Snake »

&quotadmin&quot wrote:HTML has now, once again, been disabled.

I dunno, you try and do someone a favour and that's all the thanks you get. Hmph. 8)
Thanks for that. Any chance you could also get rid of the multi on the forum? Changing the verification from what colours we play in to where we play may put a few people off as &quotBlackbird Leys&quot is clearly too tricky to spell.
Mkdon
Embryo

Re:

Post by Mkdon »

&quotSnake&quot wrote:
&quotMkdon&quot wrote:
&quotIsaac&quot wrote: Er. A club who don't think it's ok to steal someone elses club.
How is it theft when it was bought legally, you need to read up on the Facts!
Are you any relation of Robert Maxwell by any chance?
If I was dont worry I would never franchise your club your too small a club,but if I did you may find yourself in Mirrors agony aunt coloum &quotTHEY CALL ME SNAKE BUT IVE GOT A LITTLE WILLY&quot
Aylesbury Rich
Brat

Post by Aylesbury Rich »

Whilst I respect the views of some fans on here should 'move on', my personal opinion is that what happened to Wimbledon was utterly reprehensible. The franchising of a football club is anathema to the ethos of the football league and a slap in the face to any genuine fan. It was not that long ago that our own club was to be merged with a certain hooped team of biscuitmen. Should we have just stood by an allowed that to happen? How soon memories fade.

I for one will not be attending the friendly game as my own form of protest. I appreciate that this will harm my own club by denying them the £10 of my ticket, so I will put the money saved as a donation to the 12th Man fund. What happened to Wimbledon should never be allowed to happen again, and I cannot condone 'MK Dons' in any way, shape or form as a footballing entity.
recordmeister
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by recordmeister »

&quotAylesbury Rich&quot wrote:Whilst I respect the views of some fans on here should 'move on', my personal opinion is that what happened to Wimbledon was utterly reprehensible. The franchising of a football club is anathema to the ethos of the football league and a slap in the face to any genuine fan. It was not that long ago that our own club was to be merged with a certain hooped team of biscuitmen. Should we have just stood by an allowed that to happen? How soon memories fade.

I for one will not be attending the friendly game as my own form of protest. I appreciate that this will harm my own club by denying them the £10 of my ticket, so I will put the money saved as a donation to the 12th Man fund. What happened to Wimbledon should never be allowed to happen again, and I cannot condone 'MK Dons' in any way, shape or form as a footballing entity.
All good points. But with whom does the fault lie? In my book, it is FA. Take your issue up with them, not with MK Dons. It was the FA who let MKDons exist, therefore it should be the FA with whom you hold a grudge and should boycott.
Hog
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Hog »

&quotMkdon&quot wrote:
If I was dont worry I would never franchise your club your too small a club,but if I did you may find yourself in Mirrors agony aunt coloum &quotTHEY CALL ME SNAKE BUT IVE GOT A LITTLE WILLY&quot
I suspect that may be funnier read out loud in a scouse accent but every time I try it I sound like a demented Brummie! (I guess you have to be here!)
Snake
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Snake »

&quotMkdon&quot wrote:If I was dont worry I would never franchise your club your too small a club,but if I did you may find yourself in Mirrors agony aunt coloum &quotTHEY CALL ME SNAKE BUT IVE GOT A LITTLE WILLY&quot
Is Tourette syndrome common in Milton Keynes?
Mkdon
Embryo

Re:

Post by Mkdon »

&quotSnake&quot wrote:
&quotMkdon&quot wrote:If I was dont worry I would never franchise your club your too small a club,but if I did you may find yourself in Mirrors agony aunt coloum &quotTHEY CALL ME SNAKE BUT IVE GOT A LITTLE WILLY&quot
Yes and coming your way soon at preseason friendly :lol:
Anyway I be taking myself off home to dons forum cheers for ride have good 2011-2012 season and hope you can get promotion.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Snake »

&quotMkdon&quot wrote:
&quotSnake&quot wrote:
Yes and coming your way soon at preseason friendly :lol:
Anyway I be taking myself off home to dons forum cheers for ride have good 2011-2012 season and hope you can get promotion.
Being as it’s only a friendly game I’m happy to enter into the spirit of things and make up. Unfortunately I can’t be there when you come to the Kassam Stadium as it’s already scheduled to be my annual sock drawer tidying day, but I thank you for your good wishes regarding our promotion. I also hope that one way or another your recently adopted team ends up playing two League games against the real Wimbledon Football Club in the 2012-13 season.
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotMkdon&quot wrote:
We played Westham,Birmingham and Norwich at home they all brought 5000 plus for friendless how could they disgrace! :lol:
That takes some believing.
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

Post by GodalmingYellow »

&quotrecordmeister&quot wrote:
&quotAylesbury Rich&quot wrote:Whilst I respect the views of some fans on here should 'move on', my personal opinion is that what happened to Wimbledon was utterly reprehensible. The franchising of a football club is anathema to the ethos of the football league and a slap in the face to any genuine fan. It was not that long ago that our own club was to be merged with a certain hooped team of biscuitmen. Should we have just stood by an allowed that to happen? How soon memories fade.

All good points. But with whom does the fault lie? In my book, it is FA. Take your issue up with them, not with MK Dons. It was the FA who let MKDons exist, therefore it should be the FA with whom you hold a grudge and should boycott.
Yes the FA are to blame, but even more to blame are the owners of Franchise, and let's not forget everyone who has subsequently supported them, either by not speaking out, or by actually spending money which benefits them, not forgetting that Franchise will be paid for visiting the Kassam Stadium, from the ticket money paid by OUFC supporters.

I'm with Aylesbury Rich and the money that would have gone on my seat will be used either for the 12th man fund, or to buy additional memorabilia with the club.
Peacedon
Embryo

Post by Peacedon »

Hi - I'm an MK Dons supporter who sits with two former Wimbledon supporters. I'm not wanting to enter into the general debate about who is right/who is wrong but there are many facets to what happened - not just the version given out by AFC Wimbledon

Anyway I look forward to the friendly and wish you all the best for the coming season
Mkdon
Embryo

Re:

Post by Mkdon »

&quotBaboo&quot wrote:
&quotMkdon&quot wrote:
We played Westham,Birmingham and Norwich at home they all brought 5000 plus for friendless how could they disgrace! :lol:
That takes some believing.
Sorry cannot find the attendances figures off the website but away end and corners were full and Norwich game was season before, this pre season were playing spurs I will post a link to attendance after the game if you like.

2010/11 PRE-SEASON SCHEDULE AS IT STANDS
DATE FIXTURE KICK-OFF
Sat 17th Jul St Neots Town (a) 3.00pm
Tue 20th Jul Kettering Town (a) 7.30pm
Wed 28th Jul West Ham United (h) 7.30pm
Sat 31st Jul Rushden &amp Diamonds (a) 3.00pm
Tue 3rd Aug Birmingham City (h) 7.30pm

General admission tickets for both the home friendlies against West Ham and Birmingham will be priced £10 for Adults, £6 for Concessions and £1 for Under-16s. Under-7 Young Dons Members go free with a paying Adult or Concession. clubRed tickets for both games will be priced £15 for Adults, £10 for Concessions and £5 for Under-16s.

:lol:
theox
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by theox »

&quotGodalmingYellow&quot wrote:
&quotrecordmeister&quot wrote:

Yes the FA are to blame, but even more to blame are the owners of Franchise, and let's not forget everyone who has subsequently supported them, either by not speaking out, or by actually spending money which benefits them, not forgetting that Franchise will be paid for visiting the Kassam Stadium, from the ticket money paid by OUFC supporters.

I'm with Aylesbury Rich and the money that would have gone on my seat will be used either for the 12th man fund, or to buy additional memorabilia with the club.
Can't see how anyone could be more to blame than the FA as they had the ultimate power to stop it. The owners and people of MK could have argued as much as they wanted but the FA could still have said no. They should have stopped the idea in it's tracks from the first murmur.
Joey's Toe
Puberty

Re:

Post by Joey's Toe »

&quottheox&quot wrote: Can't see how anyone could be more to blame than the FA as they had the ultimate power to stop it.
Sorry, but that argument is like saying that the police are responsible for crime because it's their job to stop it happening - well, maybe they have to shoulder some of the blame, but the main culprits are the criminals themselves.
theox
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by theox »

&quotJoey's Toe&quot wrote:
&quottheox&quot wrote: Can't see how anyone could be more to blame than the FA as they had the ultimate power to stop it.
Sorry, but that argument is like saying that the police are responsible for crime because it's their job to stop it happening - well, maybe they have to shoulder some of the blame, but the main culprits are the criminals themselves.
Errr, it's not even vaguely similar. Criminals do not ask the police for permission before committing a crime.....I'm sure if they did then the police would say no (hopefully!). The FA were asked for permission, could have said no but didn't.