Support safe standing

Anything yellow and blue
Tabbernackle
Brat

Post by Tabbernackle »

Why do people want to stand at football anyway? Do those people get on a bus,visit the cinima etc, and prefere to stand? I think not.
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Kernow Yellow »

&quotTabbernackle&quot wrote:Why do people want to stand at football anyway? Do those people get on a bus,visit the cinima etc, and prefere to stand? I think not.
We've been over this issue dozens of times before, and I'm not going to do so again just for your benefit. There is a search option on this forum which will enable you to find the relevant posts if you are actually interested in reading other peoples' opinions.

There are many, many people who prefer to stand at football for many reasons. If you think that is not the case, you obviously don't attend away matches, where the majority of OUFC fans stand up out of choice, whether they are in a seated area or on a terrace. I assume from your previous posts that you are too young to have ever stood on the London Road terrace at the Manor. Maybe if you had you would understand why it would appeal to some people, even if not to yourself.

The one point that I will re-iterate is that this issue is about choice. No-one wants to make standing compulsory, so those who prefer a seat (like you obviously) would be perfectly able to sit in stadia with standing areas just as you do now. I really don't get why people like that feel they should have a right to try and influence decisions that will not affect them at all, with snide remarks and negative comments.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Snake »

&quotKernow Yellow&quot wrote:
&quotTabbernackle&quot wrote:Why do people want to stand at football anyway? Do those people get on a bus,visit the cinima etc, and prefere to stand? I think not.
We've been over this issue dozens of times before, and I'm not going to do so again just for your benefit. There is a search option on this forum which will enable you to find the relevant posts if you are actually interested in reading other peoples' opinions.

There are many, many people who prefer to stand at football for many reasons. If you think that is not the case, you obviously don't attend away matches, where the majority of OUFC fans stand up out of choice, whether they are in a seated area or on a terrace. I assume from your previous posts that you are too young to have ever stood on the London Road terrace at the Manor. Maybe if you had you would understand why it would appeal to some people, even if not to yourself.

The one point that I will re-iterate is that this issue is about choice. No-one wants to make standing compulsory, so those who prefer a seat (like you obviously) would be perfectly able to sit in stadia with standing areas just as you do now. I really don't get why people like that feel they should have a right to try and influence decisions that will not affect them at all, with snide remarks and negative comments.
What that man said above, plus it can be dangerous when people are standing in seated areas and a rush/tumble occurs when a goal is scored (standing in the seated areas seems to be allowed at most grounds these days).
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

Maybe some truth to add to the mix quite soon as more facts emerge.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-me ... e-14300878
SmileyMan
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by SmileyMan »

After the SPL relaxed their rules last month, looks like Villa have decided to stick two fingers up at the FA and the Taylor report: http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/pre ... illa-park-
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

The Wrexham ÔÇôv- Brighton FA Cup replay (sob) was a sell out days ago but one side of the ground was empty tonight. And itÔÇÖs still the biggest standing football terrace left in the UK.