Please can you help?

Anything yellow and blue
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by A-Ro »

&quotty cobb&quot wrote:Can I put my name down for one please - I had also Sky|| it in HD but it took up so much room the stupid stupid machine deleted it last night as it decided to record 4 Lost episodes. Gutted.
I'm sorry but I couldn't help a little chuckle, not at the loss of the game but the idiocy of the equipment. I've marked mine as keep so hopefully that won't happen and I'm a bit OCD about making sure I've got plenty of space on the disk.
ty cobb
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by ty cobb »

&quotA-Ro&quot wrote:
&quotty cobb&quot wrote:Can I put my name down for one please - I had also Sky|| it in HD but it took up so much room the stupid stupid machine deleted it last night as it decided to record 4 Lost episodes. Gutted.
I'm sorry but I couldn't help a little chuckle, not at the loss of the game but the idiocy of the equipment. I've marked mine as keep so hopefully that won't happen and I'm a bit OCD about making sure I've got plenty of space on the disk.
I was too - made sure there was plenty of room to record the last Lost, but what did it do - go and also record the 3 special hour long programmes in HD which wiped out the last 15% on the recorder and meant the Oxford game was no more.

I have been in a bad mood all day because of it.
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Post by A-Ro »

LAST 15% !!!!!!!

When I say I'm a bit OCD about it I mean I start tidying up if there's less than 80% free.

15% free - stop it - it's giving me chills.
tomoufc
Dashing young thing

Post by tomoufc »

It's not possible too be a bit OCD!
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Post by A-Ro »

If you're going to try and correct someone at least get the spelling right.
theox
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by theox »

&quotA-Ro&quot wrote:If you're going to try and correct someone at least get the spelling right.
:lol:
Myles Francis
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Myles Francis »

Can I also put my name down for a DVD copy please?

I too had it on Sky||. However, as part of Mrs F's current economy drive, she cancelled the Sky premium channels. I didn't realise until I went to take a look last night that this also means anything recorded from those channels is now no longer available! :evil:
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by A-Ro »

&quotMyles Francis&quot wrote:Can I also put my name down for a DVD copy please?

I too had it on Sky||. However, as part of Mrs F's current economy drive, she cancelled the Sky premium channels. I didn't realise until I went to take a look last night that this also means anything recorded from those channels is now no longer available! :evil:
:D :D :D :D

That sounds like the wife and I.

&quotWhere is my &ltinsert lost object&gt&quot

&quotwhere did you leave it&quot

&quotOn the kitchen table&quot

&quotI haven't touched it&quot

Said object is never found again.
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Post by A-Ro »

Returning to the important bit the latest update is that I installed my new DVD recorder last night and set off a copy of the game to the new hard disk, I tried to check this morning (at 04:30) but the equipment was undergoing some kind of software upgrade. It seemed to be copying fine when I went to bed so I'll check again tonight.

Assuming everything is fine I should be able to start the production line later on today.

Has anyone got any suggestions on the best way to manage the logistics of this exercise?
Myles Francis
Mid-life Crisis

Re:

Post by Myles Francis »

&quotA-Ro&quot wrote: :D :D :D :D

That sounds like the wife and I.

&quotWhere is my &ltinsert lost object&gt&quot

&quotwhere did you leave it&quot

&quotOn the kitchen table&quot

&quotI haven't touched it&quot

Said object is never found again.
Indeed. A few years back, we were going on a self-drive trip to Bruges and I applied for a green card from my motor insurers (as was required in those days). It arrived, but went missing soon afterwards, with Mrs F pleading innocence as to its disappearance. A quick root through the bin soon found where she had &quottidied it away&quot to.
Gadders
Embryo

Post by Gadders »

Can I add my name to the list of those wanting a copy please?
Peterorange
Puberty

Re:

Post by Peterorange »

&quotA-Ro&quot wrote:Returning to the important bit the latest update is that I installed my new DVD recorder last night and set off a copy of the game to the new hard disk, I tried to check this morning (at 04:30) but the equipment was undergoing some kind of software upgrade. It seemed to be copying fine when I went to bed so I'll check again tonight.

Assuming everything is fine I should be able to start the production line later on today.

Has anyone got any suggestions on the best way to manage the logistics of this exercise?
We hold a big party where we watch the game again then you sell copies at the end!
tomoufc
Dashing young thing

Re:

Post by tomoufc »

&quottheox&quot wrote:
&quotA-Ro&quot wrote:If you're going to try and correct someone at least get the spelling right.
Yeah, sorry about that. My girlfriend’s a psychologist and gets pissed off at improper use of psychological terms. I must have rubbed off on me. She also gets annoyed at literature/art/music etc. being described as “schizophrenic.
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by A-Ro »

&quottomoufc&quot wrote:
&quottheox&quot wrote:
Yeah, sorry about that. My girlfriend’s a psychologist and gets pissed off at improper use of psychological terms. I must have rubbed off on me. She also gets annoyed at literature/art/music etc. being described as “schizophrenic.
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Post by A-Ro »

Anyway, as I'm typing on here Constable has just scored. Yes the first DVD has emerged from the production line. The next one is copying now, it's going to take a week or so to get them copied at home, I'll see what I can do at work tomorrow.

My only concern is that I've had to record in in LP mode to get the whole 3 hours on a 2 hour disc. The quality isn't that good on a 40&quot screen but it's fine on the PC.

So, do I do another version that only contains the match itself? Opinions please.

As for the logistics one suggestion is for me to let you know the cost of posting, packaging etc. and you all transfer that to my bank account plus a donation to the twelfth man fund, £5 has been suggested but is not obligatory depending on circumstances (you can donate more if you want)
PM me with your contact info and payment details and I'll post them off and forward the donation money to the twelfth man fund. I'll do a tally up at the end.

Again, opinions and suggestions will be gratefully received (but not necessarily taken on board). :D