Rushden

Anything yellow and blue
Sackcloth Ox
Puberty

Re:

Post by Sackcloth Ox »

&quotGodalmingYellow&quot wrote:
&quotNashy&quot wrote:OUFC official site - for those living away from Oxford tickets ordered through OUFC can be collected at the kiosk at Nene park on match day evening.
It will help for some, both those who will only just make it for kick off, which will more likely be exiles living further away than Oxfordshire based supporters, with the game being on a Thursday night, will not need the added grief of queuing to get their ticket.
Stop giving the club a hard time, they did their best in the cirx.

Did Trevor get you a ticket following my call? The lines were redhot all morning. Luckily I was in Bicester for a meeting today so diverted on way back to London to ground at lunchtime. Five minutes to queue so no problem. The ticket office people were working hard.

Spoke to the Beast briefly, a nice lad, very approchable.
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Post by Baboo »

Got ours at 20 to 9. About 5 in the queue in front of me.
Given the offer of picking them up at Nene Park I think the critisism is now quite unfair.
Fair play to the ticket office for opening early.
I'm still not convinced we'll sell them all.
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotGodalmingYellow&quot wrote:[Maybe it is just me in that I think it would be unreasonable to ask someone I don't know personally, to undertake to spend their own money to buy my ticket for me, and then spend more of their own money to pay for it to be sent to me by Special Delivery, probably not even knowing what I look like, let alone having sufficient trust that I would repay them.
Probably is just you GY. If I had taken that approach I would never have made it into Kenilworth Road to watch the mighty yellows when David Evans decided all away fans were evil monsters.
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

Post by GodalmingYellow »

&quotSackcloth Ox&quot wrote:
&quotNashy&quot wrote:OUFC official site - for those living away from Oxford tickets ordered through OUFC can be collected at the kiosk at Nene park on match day evening.
It will help for some, both those who will only just make it for kick off, which will more likely be exiles living further away than Oxfordshire based supporters, with the game being on a Thursday night, will not need the added grief of queuing to get their ticket.

Did Trevor get you a ticket following my call? The lines were redhot all morning. Luckily I was in Bicester for a meeting today so diverted on way back to London to ground at lunchtime. Five minutes to queue so no problem. The ticket office people were working hard.

Did they do their best? I don't think so. If they had done their best, there would have been an online ticketing system, and advanced ticket sales.

No idea if Trevor got me a ticket or not. I wasn't expecting him to and I had no idea that he was going to try. I've not heard from Trevor for a couple of months, bar the occasional hello in passing.

BB kindly offered to collect a ticket for me if I could order by phone, but I tried numerous times to get through on the phone wihout success.

I've decided I'm not going to go now - far too much hassle and club clearly ain't bothered about my support. I might even get a refund on next year's season ticket yet, I'm that pissed off about it all. Grr.

I blame Brian Lee more than the club for insisting on having the game on Thursday night, even though there is no TV coverage.
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

&quotBaboo&quot wrote:
&quotGodalmingYellow&quot wrote:[Maybe it is just me in that I think it would be unreasonable to ask someone I don't know personally, to undertake to spend their own money to buy my ticket for me, and then spend more of their own money to pay for it to be sent to me by Special Delivery, probably not even knowing what I look like, let alone having sufficient trust that I would repay them.
Probably is just you GY. If I had taken that approach I would never have made it into Kenilworth Road to watch the mighty yellows when David Evans decided all away fans were evil monsters.
Well that's how I am. I don't like imposing on other people.
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotBaboo&quot wrote:
Well that's how I am. I don't like imposing on other people.
I paid the person who I had never met before bought him a pint and for a few years met up whenever Oxford played Luton home and away. Imposing? If you don't ask you don't get. Where there's a will there's a way etc etc.
theox
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by theox »

1200 tickets left according to official site.
Sackcloth Ox
Puberty

Re:

Post by Sackcloth Ox »

&quotGodalmingYellow&quot wrote: It will help for some, both those who will only just make it for kick off, which will more likely be exiles living further away than Oxfordshire based supporters, with the game being on a Thursday night, will not need the added grief of queuing to get their ticket.

Did they do their best? I don't think so. If they had done their best, there would have been an online ticketing system, and advanced ticket sales.

No idea if Trevor got me a ticket or not. I wasn't expecting him to and I had no idea that he was going to try. I've not heard from Trevor for a couple of months, bar the occasional hello in passing.

BB kindly offered to collect a ticket for me if I could order by phone, but I tried numerous times to get through on the phone wihout success.

I've decided I'm not going to go now - far too much hassle and club clearly ain't bothered about my support. I might even get a refund on next year's season ticket yet, I'm that pissed off about it all. Grr.

I blame Brian Lee more than the club for insisting on having the game on Thursday night, even though there is no TV coverage.
Did you not pick up my message on your mobile number? Left at 1.30.
Call the club tomorrow. There's till 1200 tickets left!
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

If you really can't get through on the phone then post a letter with a cheque by first class on Wednesday and ask them to take the ticket to Rushden for you to collect. You could even ask them to give you a call to confirm it's been done. There are all kinds of ways of getting the ticket if you are determined enough.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Snake »

&quotSackcloth Ox&quot wrote:Spoke to the Beast briefly, a nice lad, very approachable.
And to the Snake, though I hardly recognised you in a proper suit at first!

p.s. I’m be wearing my OUFC ‘Inter Milan’ away strip on Thursday night (‘cos it’s been lucky for me in the past) and I’ll look out for you in your sackcloth over in their North Stand :D
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotSackcloth Ox&quot wrote:[There's till 1200 tickets left!
Is that good or bad?
1588 sold. What % of season ticket holders is that?
Non season ticket holders have not had their chance yet though have they.
Still think there will be a some left. Perhaps not such great support after all.
Wonder how sales for the home leg are progressing.
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

&quotSackcloth Ox&quot wrote: Stop giving the club a hard time, they did their best in the cirx.

Did you not pick up my message on your mobile number? Left at 1.30.
Call the club tomorrow. There's till 1200 tickets left!
There's no message on my phone.

Edit: Got the message now - thanks &amp appreciated. I think I need a new phone!
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Kernow Yellow »

&quotBaboo&quot wrote:Wonder how sales for the home leg are progressing.
9,202 sold so far, according to official site. Don't know if that includes any or all of Rushden's allocation.
ty cobb
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by ty cobb »

&quotGodalmingYellow&quot wrote: It will help for some, both those who will only just make it for kick off, which will more likely be exiles living further away than Oxfordshire based supporters, with the game being on a Thursday night, will not need the added grief of queuing to get their ticket.

Come on GY put your toys back in the pram, the whole point of putting up with years of rubbish is to go to games like this - I'm in London as are many others I know who are going, they've all managed to get tickets it's not THAT hard although it is a hassle to be on the phone for a while - all adds to the excitement for me, it's like getting Glastonbury tickets, it's worth it in the end (well Glastonbury always is Oxford rarely is)
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

&quotty cobb&quot wrote:
&quotSackcloth Ox&quot wrote: Stop giving the club a hard time, they did their best in the cirx.

Come on GY put your toys back in the pram, the whole point of putting up with years of rubbish is to go to games like this - I'm in London as are many others I know who are going, they've all managed to get tickets it's not THAT hard although it is a hassle to be on the phone for a while - all adds to the excitement for me, it's like getting Glastonbury tickets, it's worth it in the end (well Glastonbury always is Oxford rarely is)
Hmph! :x