crawley point deduction reduced to 1 on appeal

Anything yellow and blue
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

The Conference are still looking for the letter I insisted I sent them in late January. They have been very apologetic on the phone though.
Ascension Ox
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by Ascension Ox »

&quotSnake&quot wrote:What happened to OUFC was the form never made it to Conference HQ (or got lost at their end) and the club forgot to follow up checking that the registration number had been issued by the Conference.

Procedures have now been tightened at both ends.

1. Two people at the club are now responsible for checking that we get the registration numbers back.

2. The registration numbers have to go on the team sheets next to the players names.
To elaborate:

The need for registration numbers to be on the teamsheet had previously been an administrative requirement in the Moules era, that requirement had been removed at the start of this season and since has now been re-introduced. Hey, great 'internal review'!

In consequence I bet we won't be in the playoffs.

If the old regime had been in place, the fact that Hutch was not registered would have therefore been picked up in the first game he was down on an OUFC teamsheet.

Which was not the Eastbourne game but IN FACT the Weymouth home game where he was non playing sub. We lost that game. WE would have lost 0 points!

History, Patto wanted Hutch out, he was not part of the plans. He was therefore not registered and processed with the rest of the squad. It was only at the time of the preseason photo call that OUFC realised he was not registered and it needed rectifying. not sent via registered post (MISTAKE) , some old doris at Conference HQ , (completely new team, no training) lost the tear off slip in the bin no doubt when munching on her corned beef sandwiches one lunchtime and we know the rest.

I was anti petition untill I heard what actually happened, I'm now glad it was organized.

Tinpot ain't the word. Pathetic.
ty cobb
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by ty cobb »

Well why didn't we appeal then. Surely a appeal based on the severity of the punishement for an offence that was not intended to give an advantage and should have been picked up on before we gained any points would have been warranted.

The attitude seems to have been well we broke the rules so we can't expect to get anything else back. So if we had 20 points deducted because hutch started in games where we got 20 points would we have accepted that?

Of course not - to get 5 points off when teams lose 10 for going into administration is not proportinate in anyway. The correct response would have been a fine. The rules were changed when AFC Wimbledon appealed and if the Conference have changed their system as a result of all this it implies fault on thier part.

If this costs us a play off spot this season then I'll be very annoyed.
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotAscension Ox&quot wrote:
&quotSnake&quot wrote:What happened to OUFC was the form never made it to Conference HQ (or got lost at their end) and the club forgot to follow up checking that the registration number had been issued by the Conference.

Procedures have now been tightened at both ends.

1. Two people at the club are now responsible for checking that we get the registration numbers back.

2. The registration numbers have to go on the team sheets next to the players names.
To elaborate:

The need for registration numbers to be on the teamsheet had previously been an administrative requirement in the Moules era, that requirement had been removed at the start of this season and since has now been re-introduced. Hey, great 'internal review'!

In consequence I bet we won't be in the playoffs.

If the old regime had been in place, the fact that Hutch was not registered would have therefore been picked up in the first game he was down on an OUFC teamsheet.

Which was not the Eastbourne game but IN FACT the Weymouth home game where he was non playing sub. We lost that game. WE would have lost 0 points!

History, Patto wanted Hutch out, he was not part of the plans. He was therefore not registered and processed with the rest of the squad. It was only at the time of the preseason photo call that OUFC realised he was not registered and it needed rectifying. not sent via registered post (MISTAKE) , some old doris at Conference HQ , (completely new team, no training) lost the tear off slip in the bin no doubt when munching on her corned beef sandwiches one lunchtime and we know the rest.

I was anti petition untill I heard what actually happened, I'm now glad it was organized.

Tinpot ain't the word. Pathetic.
How do you know this is what happened? I must have missed something somewhere.

If this is incorrect it is an even bigger injustice than i first thought &amp that was a pretty big injustice. Not sent via registered post - but how was it sent? By the way registered post just roves that an envelope went from a to b, not the contents of the envelope.

So if Patto had not wanted Hutch out we would not have been in this mess. Commonsence would tell me that it would have only cost a few bob to register him in the first place.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Snake »

&quotBaboo&quot wrote:How do you know this is what happened? I must have missed something somewhere.
Because that’s what Kelvin said on the radio the other day.
Ascension Ox
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by Ascension Ox »

&quotSnake&quot wrote:
&quotBaboo&quot wrote:How do you know this is what happened? I must have missed something somewhere.

And that's what Kelvin told us this week as well. It's not a secret.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Snake »

&quotSnake&quot wrote:

Did he tell you anything that wasn’t old news? :D
Ascension Ox
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by Ascension Ox »

&quotSnake&quot wrote:
&quotSnake&quot wrote: Because that’s what Kelvin said on the radio the other day.

Did he tell you anything that wasn’t old news? :D
Yes, not telling you. :D
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotSnake&quot wrote:

Ta. I probably have not been paying attention at the back.

So it is probably even less of Mick Brown's fault than ever.

Wonder if we sent the bulk registration by recorded delivery?

What would have happened if that had not been received?
Brahma Bull
Puberty

Post by Brahma Bull »

The letters are top of our priority list and I'll try and get the information regarding the Brian Lee Conference Letter to those interested by the end of the weekend/Monday morning.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Snake »

&quotAscension Ox&quot wrote:History, Patto wanted Hutch out, he was not part of the plans. He was therefore not registered and processed with the rest of the squad.

It was only at the time of the preseason photo call that OUFC realised he was not registered and it needed rectifying. not sent via registered post (MISTAKE) , some old doris at Conference HQ , (completely new team, no training) lost the tear off slip in the bin no doubt when munching on her corned beef sandwiches one lunchtime and we know the rest.
Although there are plenty of reasons to point the finger at Patto for all the lost points on the pitch I hope you’re not blaming him for the five points pissed away through administrative errors.

Anyway, here is a short quiz…..

What do you think would happen if someone was in the process of tidying up their desk at Conference HQ and they found the missing registration forms for Oxford, Crawley, Mansfield and Bognor?

a. They get put in the shredder and the person who found them was offered promotion so long as they didn’t say anything to the media.

b. The Conference admit it was their mistake and reinstate the points to all four clubs.

/

As for your question about why we didn’t appeal, Mr Cobb, then if you’re that curious then my advice would be to fix up a 1-2-1 with the Chairman because I’m sure he would talk to you for hours about it.
Matt D
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by Matt D »

&quotRoo&quot wrote:Should OxVox NOW ask them that direct question publicly?
I think so...........
Well OxVox did, but it doesn't look like the Conference are 'doing' direct questions, even about when we might have some answers and why all the delays.

We'll keep asking...
Matt D
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Matt D »

p.s. You can now see the text of our letter on our website.
Brahma Bull
Puberty

Post by Brahma Bull »

The letters I made reference to at the end of last week/weekend are now on the OxVox home page.

www.oxvox.org.uk

We will continue to crank the pressure up and get the answers we want.
Roo
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Roo »

Excellent letter.
I hope that OxVox will continue to press the Conference to answer all of these questions on a regular basis.