Only the Crumbliest, Flakiest ...

Anything yellow and blue
Ascension Ox
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by Ascension Ox »

&quotYF Dan&quot wrote:Meanwhile, back in the real world, the Darren Patterson revolution continues at pace.

Why is it that now we're winning, all we can talk about is 's?

If only Smith had gone a month earlier.
Agreed. How boring this thread is.

What I liked about yesterday's game was our willingness to commit everything to the cause. Not great quality but the right mindset was there.

Yemi? I say keep him.
Mally
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Mally »

&quotAscension Ox&quot wrote:
&quotYF Dan&quot wrote:Meanwhile, back in the real world, the Darren Patterson revolution continues at pace.

Why is it that now we're winning, all we can talk about is 's?

If only Smith had gone a month earlier.
Agreed. How boring this thread is.

What I liked about yesterday's game was our willingness to commit everything to the cause. Not great quality but the right mindset was there.

Yemi? I say keep him.
My thoughts exactly. I was trying to work out what was different now compared to earlier in the season apart from the obvious change in players. The real difference is that we don't have any passengers or players who go missing during the game. Everybody is 100% commited and keeps playing for 90 plus minutes.. It's not just the new players either. Trainer and Yemi are both back to their best.

I also like the way that midfield players are getting forward in suport of the strikers and the full backs are getting involved in attacking moves rather than just passing square or hoofing it.
Mally
Grumpy old git

Post by Mally »

Before anybody brings it up I know that there's a misplaced apostrophe in the previous post.
YF Dan
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by YF Dan »

To me the bust up between Turley and Day showed that things are now right at the club.

We're a mid-table club, who'd narrowly lost away to a team who were second and still had a lot to play for...and yet the players were really annoyed that they'd lost.

The arrogance appears to have gone (the &quotwe're too big for this league, we'll go up without trying&quot). It's been replaced by a strong desire to win, a formation that means we create chances and play more of the game in the other teams half, and we now have a squad heavy on attackers and not loaded with central defenders.

I am extremely confident about next season...a feeling I haven't had for about 10 years.
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotYF Dan&quot wrote: I am extremely confident about next season...a feeling I haven't had for about 10 years.
Let's hope many others feel the same way and this is reflected in season ticket sales.

Roll on August.
boris
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by boris »

&quotMally&quot wrote:Before anybody brings it up I know that there's a misplaced apostrophe in the previous post.
No there isn't.

Anyway, back to the original thread topic: I just received this message from our internet hosting service:
Following on from a hard disk failure in one of our servers last week we had a power supply blow up in one of the communications switches which has been replaced with a nice shiny new one. More importantly you may have noticed that the hosted websites (inc. webmail) may have been a bit flakey in the last week or so I have got to the bottom of this – the server seemed to have got a bit confused with its routing tables when an additional firewall was added. Anyway I have found this and it is now resolved. With a little luck normal service should now resume.
Isn't that nice?
Pe├▒a Oxford United
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by Pe├▒a Oxford United »

&quotYF Dan&quot wrote:Why is it that now we're winning, all we can talk about is 's?
Because it's happened far too late to be of any relevance or any interest.
entirely disenchanted
Ascension Ox
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by Ascension Ox »

&quotPeña Oxford United&quot wrote:
&quotYF Dan&quot wrote:Why is it that now we're winning, all we can talk about is 's?
Disagree.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Snake »

&quotBaboo&quot wrote:
&quotYF Dan&quot wrote: I am extremely confident about next season...a feeling I haven't had for about 10 years.
Let's hope many others feel the same way and this is reflected in season ticket sales.

Roll on August.
The ST prices will be announced in the next two days, so that will be interesting and give us something to talk about.
Pe├▒a Oxford United
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by Pe├▒a Oxford United »

Disagree.
Please yourself. Me, I'm not going to get too thrilled about the lowest-ever finish in Oxford United history even if a few late wins mean it's not as easily-the-worst as it might have been.
entirely disenchanted
Ascension Ox
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by Ascension Ox »

&quotPeña Oxford United&quot wrote: Because it's happened far too late to be of any relevance or any interest.
Disagree.
Please yourself. Me, I'm not going to get too thrilled about the lowest-ever finish in Oxford United history even if a few late wins mean it's not as easily-the-worst as it might have been.

I will. I think Patterson should actually be getting a lot more credit for what he's done with the team recently .....meanwhile back on apostrophe watch ...zzz
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

Or OV democracy watch :)
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by A-Ro »

&quotboris&quot wrote:Anyway, back to the original thread topic: I just received this message from our internet hosting service:
............. With a little luck normal service should now resume.
Isn't that nice?
Well they were right, what we have come to expect as normal service has indeed resumed.
SmileyMan
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by SmileyMan »

Given the current pattern of availability, I would suggest that the downtimes correspond to when the &quothosting company&quot gets told to &quotswitch that thing off and go to bed&quot by his mum! )