Oxford manager poll

Anything yellow and blue

Whom would you most like to see as Oxford United manager for the remainder of this season?

Mickey Lewis
14%
Chris Allen
7%
Sean O'Driscoll
14%
Martin Allen
4%
Paul Ince
4%
Dave Kitson
No votes
Paul Tisdale
36%
Dean Saunders
No votes
None of the above
21%

Total votes: 28

recordmeister
Middle-Aged Spread

Re: Oxford manager poll

Post by recordmeister »

IL is keen, if you excuse the pun, to replicate what he has done at wwarriors, which is a HEAVY focus on local youth. He wants a manager to fit that bill, which is CW wAs never going to work long term. Now, who on the list fits not what YOU want as supporters (because you don't make the decision) but who the chairman wants.... Now look again at the list and work out why the current fav is the fav...
ty cobb
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by ty cobb »

Now I'm not normally for getting ex players back but for Brian McDermott I would make an exception - he may not see Oxford as a long term option given the level we're at but get him in till the end of the season, good promotion bonus and he'll have another promotion on his CV if he takes us up. If he fails he can point to not being able to bring in players and the injury list.

Better that than sitting around for the next couple of months.
Jimski
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Jimski »

Yep, Brian McDermott would seem a good option to me too. Not sure if he'd want the job, of course.
OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Post by OUFC4eva »

OUFC4eva wrote:What would I like?

Thinking about the situation I would bring in an experienced manager
to win us promotion on a short term contract and then review matters in May/June.

Of course even that scenario is not without risks - as a new manager appointed in May/June
may not have been able to assess the playing squad in full and therefore would
be making difficult decisions recruitment wise.

Neil Warnock or someone like that would be my choice. Vastly experienced
and a great motivator. He has six promotions on his CV and is desperate for a seventh I think.
He's not doing much now - he presents for TalkSPORT one morning a week and says he
would like another crack at management.

It won't happen I know but he would be a name I would think about if I were Lenagan.

How big is this decision for Ian Lenagan ? It is MASSIVE. A decision that for me defines his chairmanship.

If he sticks with Mickey we will slip out of the play-offs in my view. Nice guy but
just not a No.1 for me.

No to Allen, Ince, Waddock, Boothroyd, Sturrock, Appleton, Rush, Windass, PDC,
Robbie Fowler, Peter Schmeichel, David James and Herman Hreidarsson, Yates,
Penney, Foyle, Scott, Jewell, Megson and Coyle.

I am ambivalent on O'Driscoll and Tisdale.
Just looking back at my post from eight weeks ago.I typed that I did not want Waddock :oops:

I am relaxed about it now.