Who next?

Anything yellow and blue
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

For those that haven't got Yellow Player Kelvin said he could see no purpose in Beano going anywhere on loan.
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Kernow Yellow »

&quotHog&quot wrote:For those that haven't got Yellow Player Kelvin said he could see no purpose in Beano going anywhere on loan.
Oh well, we had a nice hypothetical argument anyway!

On the question of Bradbury, he was treated pretty badly by OUFC fans as I recall. And even worse by Brian 'idiot' Talbot. It was the sale of Bradbury, along with Hackett and Davies, that sent us spiralling towards relegation, don't forget. He was sold to avoid triggering a contract renewal, but he went on to play at a higher level for several years after leaving us, as did the other two of course. I have no antipathy towards him at all. Though if he continues to tap up our best player...
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

Post by GodalmingYellow »

&quotKernow Yellow&quot wrote:
&quotHog&quot wrote:For those that haven't got Yellow Player Kelvin said he could see no purpose in Beano going anywhere on loan.
Oh well, we had a nice hypothetical argument anyway!

On the question of Bradbury, he was treated pretty badly by OUFC fans as I recall. And even worse by Brian 'idiot' Talbot. It was the sale of Bradbury, along with Hackett and Davies, that sent us spiralling towards relegation, don't forget. He was sold to avoid triggering a contract renewal, but he went on to play at a higher level for several years after leaving us, as did the other two of course. I have no antipathy towards him at all. Though if he continues to tap up our best player...
Yet more agreement from me. The club was very poorly run at that time.
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotJoeyBeauchamp&quot wrote:Given his reputation, wages, and the stuff he came out with, he was one of the most underwhelming players we have ever signed (and there have been a few).
All individual opinion of course - but in my view you are talking nonsense.
Reputation - yes he rightfully had a good reputation. And at what level did he go on to play at when he left us - proof I'd say that he was better than us.
Wages - for crying out loud. Are you saying if someone is not on much money they should not try very hard. Not LB's fault we paid him big money. (Did we? How much?)
Could it be that as now we don't create much for our strikers (alleged strikers) so poss their lack of goal scoring isn't all their fault.
And if he was played in midfield - well that's down to the manager.

He is now starting to piss me - hands off Beano.