MK Dons Pre-Season Friendly...

Anything yellow and blue
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Post by GodalmingYellow »

Anyone know why the quote system on here isn't working for me?

Polite answers only please... :lol:
Mkdon
Embryo

Post by Mkdon »

What kind of club call another club up to ask if it's okay if they play yet another club?
Isaac
Dashing young thing

Re:

Post by Isaac »

&quotMkdon&quot wrote:What kind of club call another club up to ask if it's okay if they play yet another club?
Er. A club who don't think it's ok to steal someone elses club.
Hog
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Hog »

&quotMkdon&quot wrote:What kind of club call another club up to ask if it's okay if they play yet another club?
Um, a club that is sensitive to the feelings of its supporters about an unsavoury act that led to the start of formation of a new franchise?
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Kernow Yellow »

&quotGodalmingYellow&quot wrote:Anyone know why the quote system on here isn't working for me?

Admin enabled html a while ago so someone could post a table up. If you click 'disable html' when posting it works again. Maybe admin could change things back, unless anyone else wants to post any tables in the near future?
Jimski
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Jimski »

&quotEr. A club who don't think it's ok to steal someone elses club.&quot

Which suggests to me that they probably already know the right thing to do is not to play them (given a choice).

Anyway, I contacted a friend at AFCW to see what he thought and he said, &quotI can't imagine why anyone would play them by choice.&quot. He's going to find out more about whether there's an official line from AFCW, though he says he doubts there is.
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by A-Ro »

&quotKernow Yellow&quot wrote:
&quotGodalmingYellow&quot wrote:Anyone know why the quote system on here isn't working for me?

Admin enabled html a while ago so someone could post a table up. If you click 'disable html' when posting it works again. Maybe admin could change things back, unless anyone else wants to post any tables in the near future?
That was me trying to post a table and as it turned out turning HTML on didn't help much, the table problem was solved by bspittles who advised that I use the [ Code ] [ /Code ] BBcode to sort it out which was a much easier solution.

In the event, had I been able to get a decent table set up in HTML then nobody would have been able to use it in a quote as they would have had to disable HTML to get the quote to work, Joseph Heller himself couldn't have made it up.

So Admin, I agree with Kernow, could you please take down the HTML option, as it is causing more problems than it was ever able to solve.

Edit:- and just to prove it I forgot to check the Disable HTML box.
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

&quotKernow Yellow&quot wrote:

Cheers Kernow
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

&quotA-Ro&quot wrote:Edit:- and just to prove it I forgot to check the Disable HTML box.
There's an option in personal profile to disable html, so you don't have to keep checking the box.
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by A-Ro »

&quotGodalmingYellow&quot wrote:
&quotA-Ro&quot wrote:Edit:- and just to prove it I forgot to check the Disable HTML box.
There's an option in personal profile to disable html, so you don't have to keep checking the box.
I couldn't change my profile, something wrong with the sentence &quotOxford play in maize and blue&quot
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

HTML has now, once again, been disabled.

I dunno, you try and do someone a favour and that's all the thanks you get. Hmph. 8)
Mkdon
Embryo

Re:

Post by Mkdon »

&quotIsaac&quot wrote:
How is it theft when it was bought legally, you need to read up on the Facts!
Mkdon
Embryo

Re:

Post by Mkdon »

&quotJimski&quot wrote:&quotEr. A club who don't think it's ok to steal someone elses club.&quot

Which suggests to me that they probably already know the right thing to do is not to play them (given a choice).

Anyway, I contacted a friend at AFCW to see what he thought and he said, &quotI can't imagine why anyone would play them by choice.&quot. He's going to find out more about whether there's an official line from AFCW, though he says he doubts there is.
We played Westham,Birmingham and Norwich at home they all brought 5000 plus for friendless how could they disgrace! :lol:
Snake
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Snake »

&quotMkdon&quot wrote:
&quotIsaac&quot wrote:
How is it theft when it was bought legally, you need to read up on the Facts!
Are you any relation of Robert Maxwell by any chance?
Hog
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Hog »

&quotadmin&quot wrote:HTML has now, once again, been disabled.

I dunno, you try and do someone a favour and that's all the thanks you get. Hmph. 8)
If you're p1ssed off about HTML how are you feeling about MKD? :wink: