tomoufc
Dashing young thing

Post by tomoufc »

I get a feeling nothing will be announced until tomorrow
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

Post by GodalmingYellow »

&quottomoufc&quot wrote:I get a feeling nothing will be announced until tomorrow
You have a woman's intuition.... :lol:
boris
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by boris »

&quotGodalmingYellow&quot wrote:
&quottomoufc&quot wrote:I get a feeling nothing will be announced until tomorrow
37,500 tickets - we 'only' had 36,000 last time around. Mind you, it's going to cost me £165 for a family day out. Stupid kids.
scooter
Dashing young thing

Post by scooter »

Only 21,000 for York according to their website.
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

Post by GodalmingYellow »

&quotboris&quot wrote:
&quotGodalmingYellow&quot wrote:
37,500 tickets - we 'only' had 36,000 last time around. Mind you, it's going to cost me £165 for a family day out. Stupid kids.
No one can argue that the club haven't argued our case for a decent allocation.
boris
Grumpy old git

Post by boris »

Just discovered there's a £3 per ticket booking fee, so make that £186 for a family day out (before other costs, such as petrol and lunch, and programme etc are taken into account). I'm going to have to get a job :cry:
Swissbloke
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Swissbloke »

Also I spoke to a rep at Marylebone for Chiltern Railways, He confirmed that there will be extra trains on Sunday the 16th for the play-off final.

Banbury, Bicester and Thame will get extra trains and stops.

Chiltern say they moved 10,000|| Villa supporters to and from Brum for the League Cup final.

Early Train to Londres, drinks and then back to Wembley for the match. Plan done.

Now...to spend a small fortune on tickets.....
Mr 5Co
Embryo

Post by Mr 5Co »

Has Terry EVER been happy?
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Kernow Yellow »

&quotboris&quot wrote:Just discovered there's a £3 per ticket booking fee, so make that £186 for a family day out (before other costs, such as petrol and lunch, and programme etc are taken into account). I'm going to have to get a job :cry:
Yep, £3 PER TICKET booking fee, £1.95 for first class postage (if only I could use that kind of mark-up in my business). Means it's basically £40 for the cheapest ticket. Hardly going to encourage neutrals to come along and watch. I wouldn't mind if the clubs were sharing it all, but a large whack of that will be lining the pockets of seetickets and others.

And what is more, ALL children and babies require a ticket (at £15 || £1.50), which is ridiculous - I might have a days-old child with me, as my missus wants to come, and might well give birth before 16th!

Obviously I'm happy about being at Wembley at all, but I can't help feeling that someone's taking the piss...
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

Shocking rip off.
Nashy
Toddler

Post by Nashy »

I agree -its a rip off. It should be a day when we take 30,000|| and show the football world what a well supported club we are and what potential we have. With it live on Sky waverers and casuals will keep the cash in their pockets, especially in these tough times. No real fan would hesitate in going -its what we all dream about I guess - but that doesn't stop us all from feeling totally ripped off. Also it doesn't help families and surely we are all (including the FA) trying to encourage more kids to get the football habit. I hoped we take 30,000|| but I'd bet right now it'll be less than 25,000 and the crowd will struggle to equal last year's 42,000. Still -as long as we win!!!!!
Matt D
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Matt D »

it is a rip off, but these ticket agencies are. i've booked tickets with friends for the ATP nightmare before christmas. sixty quid booking fee for a 6 berth chalet. for what?..

anyhoo, as for wembley, they know they've got an effectively captive audience. we'll all moan about it on here, but, equally, we'll all be stumping up tomorrow.

bastards.
Dartford Ox
Puberty

Post by Dartford Ox »

And no concession at all for OAP's.

ergo - the cost for the wife and I will aprroximately equate 1 weeks income.

No food that week.
Isaac
Dashing young thing

Re:

Post by Isaac »

&quotyellowmanc&quot wrote:is anyone traveling downn from north west area for this massive game ? if so, any chance of a meet up so i wont be travelling down on my billy todd.
I'll be travelling down from macclesfield, but due to a confusing clash of moving house to scotland, but working in telford, I'll be doing a combination of driving/train (and probably won't be heading back to the northwest post game). If anyone would like a lift from the northwest area to Telford, to catch a train to wembley, give me a shout.
OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by OUFC4eva »

&quotHog&quot wrote:Shocking rip off.
The unacceptable face of capitalism.