Rushden

Anything yellow and blue
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

Post by GodalmingYellow »

&quotMally&quot wrote:A number of people have referred to taking a season ticket in to buy a ticket. In my experience you never have to produce the season ticket itself, they will sell the ticket as long as you have the name and seat number that match their records.

As for complaining that you can't get to the ticket office in the next few days, well that's the same for hundreds of fans. Out of a group of 10 of us who go to games together only one could make it so he's getting the tickets - It's not exactly rocket science.

By the very fact that you are posting on here you have plenty of people who could get tickets on your behalf. There's even a section on this site to assist in the process.
I suspect most people on this forum, and in particular the exiles, know very few of the other forumites personally. Certainly that is the case for me. And of those, there would be even less that forumites might feel comfortable in asking another forumite to obtain a ticket and post it on for them, possibly incurring the other party initial cost and significant inconvenience when they already have to get their own tickets.

Things that are easy to type are often less easy to convert into reality.

And all this of course assumes that it should be for supporters to jump through hoops to find awkward solutions to difficult situations in order to buy tickets as a result of an avoidable difficulty which has been caused to a significant degree by the club.
Mally
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Mally »

&quotGodalmingYellow&quot wrote:
&quotMally&quot wrote:A number of people have referred to taking a season ticket in to buy a ticket. In my experience you never have to produce the season ticket itself, they will sell the ticket as long as you have the name and seat number that match their records.

As for complaining that you can't get to the ticket office in the next few days, well that's the same for hundreds of fans. Out of a group of 10 of us who go to games together only one could make it so he's getting the tickets - It's not exactly rocket science.

By the very fact that you are posting on here you have plenty of people who could get tickets on your behalf. There's even a section on this site to assist in the process.
I suspect most people on this forum, and in particular the exiles, know very few of the other forumites personally. Certainly that is the case for me. And of those, there would be even less that forumites might feel comfortable in asking another forumite to obtain a ticket and post it on for them, possibly incurring the other party initial cost and significant inconvenience when they already have to get their own tickets.

Things that are easy to type are often less easy to convert into reality.

And all this of course assumes that it should be for supporters to jump through hoops to find awkward solutions to difficult situations in order to buy tickets as a result of an avoidable difficulty which has been caused to a significant degree by the club.
What a load of rubbish. Firstly I think you know plenty of other supporters on here and in Oxford personally so you could ask a whole load of people to help you out. Even if you don't know people personally I'm pretty sure almost any poster on here would help out any other regular poster. I would if I was going to the ground anyway.

Where's the &quotsignificant inconvenience&quot if a fellow supporter is already going down to the ticket office to queue? As for cost I think financing a few quid of cash flow for 2 days isn't beyond anybody who posts on here.

As for the club asking supporters to jump through hoops from what I can work out they are being very accomodating and aren't insisting on complex voucher schemes or limiting tickets to personal callers only and they are staying open until 8:00pm on Tuesday night.

Yes there's an argument that they (or more to the point Rushden and Diamonds) could have found a way to get tickets on sale faster but that wouldn't change the situation for most exiles as the tickets are likely to sell out on day one whether thats a Monday or a Tuesday.

As usual you've mad a knee jerk comment that doesn't stand up to scrutiny and then come up with a convoluted argument lacking in logic to try and support it.
Old Abingdonian
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Old Abingdonian »

I like the word 'forumite'. Even if I don't know any forumite personally.

Actually, yes I do. One.
Hog
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Hog »

&quotKernow Yellow&quot wrote:
&quotHog&quot wrote: I'm not volunteering though as I'll be re-qualifying (hopefully) on a driving course arranged weeks ago, including Thursday evening, which I absolutely cannot wriggle out of -
the first evening driving course I've had to do in twenty-bloody-seven years!
Any chance of using your ST number to get myself a ticket for thursday in that case, Hog?
Or if anyone else can help in this regard, I'd be very grateful...
Sorry not to reply earlier Kernow but I've only just seen this. Unfortunately someone here is already using my ST, otherwise you would have been welcome to it.
theox
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by theox »

It just strikes me as mad to have this massive rush to get tickets and to make travel arrangements. With the final on the 16th, why couldn't the first leg be on Sat 1st and 2nd Leg on Sat 8th?

This would allow plenty of time to sell tickets (and post them out) and mean that no one had to make stupid last-minute long journeys. It could have been York.........
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by A-Ro »

&quottheox&quot wrote:It just strikes me as mad to have this massive rush to get tickets and to make travel arrangements. With the final on the 16th, why couldn't the first leg be on Sat 1st and 2nd Leg on Sat 8th?

This would allow plenty of time to sell tickets (and post them out) and mean that no one had to make stupid last-minute long journeys. It could have been York.........
This is the Blue Square Premiership you're talking about.
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

&quotMally&quot wrote:What a load of rubbish. Firstly I think you know plenty of other supporters on here and in Oxford personally so you could ask a whole load of people to help you out. Even if you don't know people personally I'm pretty sure almost any poster on here would help out any other regular poster. I would if I was going to the ground anyway.

Where's the &quotsignificant inconvenience&quot if a fellow supporter is already going down to the ticket office to queue? As for cost I think financing a few quid of cash flow for 2 days isn't beyond anybody who posts on here.

As for the club asking supporters to jump through hoops from what I can work out they are being very accomodating and aren't insisting on complex voucher schemes or limiting tickets to personal callers only and they are staying open until 8:00pm on Tuesday night.

Yes there's an argument that they (or more to the point Rushden and Diamonds) could have found a way to get tickets on sale faster but that wouldn't change the situation for most exiles as the tickets are likely to sell out on day one whether thats a Monday or a Tuesday.

As usual you've mad a knee jerk comment that doesn't stand up to scrutiny and then come up with a convoluted argument lacking in logic to try and support it.
How can you possibly know how many of the RO forumites that I know?

The fact is that I've met maybe 5 or 6 of the forumites on here, of whom I know personally reasonably well, maybe 2 or 3, of whom only 1 lives in Oxford.

Of other Oxford supporters I know personally that live in Oxford, I could easily count them on one hand.

Please don't try to tell me what I know. It's really very silly.

That you might be prepared to undertake this task for another forumite is very much to your credit. I personally wouldn't dream of asking you to do so, as we've only met a couple of times, and I don't believe you would do it for me anyway.

Maybe it is just me in that I think it would be unreasonable to ask someone I don't know personally, to undertake to spend their own money to buy my ticket for me, and then spend more of their own money to pay for it to be sent to me by Special Delivery, probably not even knowing what I look like, let alone having sufficient trust that I would repay them.

As I said, all credit to you if you would be prepared to do that for someone you don't know. I suspect many would be considerably more reticent.

As for your comments about the club's efforts on this matter, I'm perfectly happy for others to conclude for themselves, without getting into the usual tit for tat personal comment that you have already indulged in. I think the early replies to this thread give an indication as to feeling on this matter.
Swissbloke
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Swissbloke »

Not related to most of the posts in this topic but...

Well done to the club staff who turned up before 8am this morning to get the ticket office open for the queue of folks that were there.

Tickets started being sold at just before 8. Well done.

I was able to pick mine up and not be too late for work.

Thumbs up.
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Kernow Yellow »

&quotHog&quot wrote:
&quotHog&quot wrote: I'm not volunteering though as I'll be re-qualifying (hopefully) on a driving course arranged weeks ago, including Thursday evening, which I absolutely cannot wriggle out of -
the first evening driving course I've had to do in twenty-bloody-seven years!
Any chance of using your ST number to get myself a ticket for thursday in that case, Hog?
Sorry not to reply earlier Kernow but I've only just seen this. Unfortunately someone here is already using my ST, otherwise you would have been welcome to it.
Thanks anyway Hog. Are there any other ST holders on here not planning to go on Thursday? If so I'd be very grateful for ST details so I can get myself a ticket.
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

&quotHog&quot wrote:
&quotKernow Yellow&quot wrote: Any chance of using your ST number to get myself a ticket for thursday in that case, Hog?
Thanks anyway Hog. Are there any other ST holders on here not planning to go on Thursday? If so I'd be very grateful for ST details so I can get myself a ticket.
I have a second &quotspare&quot ST in my daughter's name if you want to use the number to get a ticket.

PM me for details.
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Kernow Yellow »

&quotMally&quot wrote:the tickets are likely to sell out on day one whether thats a Monday or a Tuesday.
Not sure about that. 2,800 is a lot of tickets for an away game. Especially given there's a home game (and possible Wembley final) to come in a short spaxce of time.

I'd be surprised (and probably very disappointed!) if there weren't a decent number of tickets on open sale tomorrow.
Nashy
Toddler

Post by Nashy »

OUFC official site - for those living away from Oxford tickets ordered through OUFC can be collected at the kiosk at Nene park on match day evening.
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

&quotNashy&quot wrote:OUFC official site - for those living away from Oxford tickets ordered through OUFC can be collected at the kiosk at Nene park on match day evening.
It will help for some, both those who will only just make it for kick off, which will more likely be exiles living further away than Oxfordshire based supporters, with the game being on a Thursday night, will not need the added grief of queuing to get their ticket.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

Got mine at lunchtime and there only 4 people in the queue. Hung around a bit to chat to Trev and Co for about half an hour and the sales seemed very slow at the ticket office during the whole time.
deanwindass
Puberty

Re:

Post by deanwindass »

&quotGodalmingYellow&quot wrote:
&quotNashy&quot wrote:OUFC official site - for those living away from Oxford tickets ordered through OUFC can be collected at the kiosk at Nene park on match day evening.
It will help for some, both those who will only just make it for kick off, which will more likely be exiles living further away than Oxfordshire based supporters, with the game being on a Thursday night, will not need the added grief of queuing to get their ticket.
Moan moan moan...