Oxford sniffing around 'Muff

Anything yellow and blue
Snake
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Snake »

&quotGodalmingYellow&quot wrote:
&quotSnake&quot wrote:It ain't right that R&ampD today (and others later in the season) get to play the Weymouth youth team.
I agree, and I've already written to the Conference and NLP to raise this issue.
Good idea, and let’s hope you get a proper reply. Lots of clubs have financial difficulties but I’m not aware of any case of a mid table side turning overnight into one that concedes nine goals at home.
Ascension Ox
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by Ascension Ox »

&quotAscension Ox&quot wrote:
&quotSnake&quot wrote:It ain't right that R&ampD today (and others later in the season) get to play the Weymouth youth team.
I agree, and I've already written to the Conference and NLP to raise this issue.
The Confrence is between a rock and a hard place on this one though. Weymouth had to fulfill their fixture yesterday, that is the correct strategy. There is still a chance that investors will come to the table. They registered their youth team and consequently got gubbed. What else could have been done in the circumstances?
Myles Francis
Mid-life Crisis

Re:

Post by Myles Francis »

&quotAscension Ox&quot wrote:The Confrence is between a rock and a hard place on this one though. Weymouth had to fulfill their fixture yesterday, that is the correct strategy. There is still a chance that investors will come to the table. They registered their youth team and consequently got gubbed. What else could have been done in the circumstances?
As a one-off, then fair enough. But Weymouth have indicated that this is how they intend to see out the rest of the season (dependent on the ability to bring in loan players), which makes a mockery of the whole league.
Radley Rambler
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Radley Rambler »

&quotMyles Francis&quot wrote:
&quotAscension Ox&quot wrote:The Confrence is between a rock and a hard place on this one though. Weymouth had to fulfill their fixture yesterday, that is the correct strategy. There is still a chance that investors will come to the table. They registered their youth team and consequently got gubbed. What else could have been done in the circumstances?
As a one-off, then fair enough. But Weymouth have indicated that this is how they intend to see out the rest of the season (dependent on the ability to bring in loan players), which makes a mockery of the whole league.
No it doesn't - the conference administration have already done that! :lol:
Snake
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Snake »

Peterborough have already offered three players for free until the end of the season, and given they may have enough points to survive relegation Weymouth could even delay going into administration until the summer.

This is simply not a level playing field and once again we could be hit by this kind of event just when things are coming together on the park.
Sideshow Rob
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by Sideshow Rob »

&quotSnake&quot wrote:
Peterborough have already offered three players for free until the end of the season, and given they may have enough points to survive relegation Weymouth could even delay going into administration until the summer.

This is simply not a level playing field and once again we could be hit by this kind of event just when things are coming together on the park.
If Weymouth did delay going into administration they would be hit by the change to the rule on administration which would mean relegation instead of a 10 point deduction. (see here http://www.rageonline.co.uk/phpBB2/view ... ampstart=0). I assume that this would mean an instant relegation in this case and not for 2010-11.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Snake »

&quotSideshow Rob&quot wrote:
&quotSnake&quot wrote:
&quotMyles Francis&quot wrote: As a one-off, then fair enough. But Weymouth have indicated that this is how they intend to see out the rest of the season (dependent on the ability to bring in loan players), which makes a mockery of the whole league.

If Weymouth did delay going into administration they would be hit by the change to the rule on administration which would mean relegation instead of a 10 point deduction. (see here http://www.rageonline.co.uk/phpBB2/view ... ampstart=0). I assume that this would mean an instant relegation in this case and not for 2010-11.
This is not in the rulebook just yet. It’s on the agenda for the Conference AGM in June, and as discussed on the thread you’ve highlighted there are some flaws in the idea!
Myles Francis
Mid-life Crisis

Re:

Post by Myles Francis »

&quotSnake&quot wrote:Weymouth could even delay going into administration until the summer.
Surely, their creditors have a lot more say in this than the club?
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

Post by GodalmingYellow »

&quotAscension Ox&quot wrote:
What's the point Terry? There was no alternative in the circumstances was there? Financial distress is a recurring motif in non league football.
I would have thought the point was obvious.
Sideshow Rob
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Sideshow Rob »

If Weymouth do go into administration and are docked 10 points I think it will bring into sharp focus the fact that we were only spared an 11 point deduction by the grace and favour of the Conference administrators.
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotSideshow Rob&quot wrote:If Weymouth do go into administration and are docked 10 points I think it will bring into sharp focus the fact that we were only spared an 11 point deduction by the grace and favour of the Conference administrators.
Forgetfullness in failing to register a player already on your books is a rather different issue than going into administration. On that subject - what is the situation with our finances I wonder.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Snake »

&quotBaboo&quot wrote:
&quotSideshow Rob&quot wrote:If Weymouth do go into administration and are docked 10 points I think it will bring into sharp focus the fact that we were only spared an 11 point deduction by the grace and favour of the Conference administrators.
On that subject - what is the situation with our finances I wonder.
At a rough guess I’d say there is probably about £4m more in the biscuit tin where I keep my spare change than in the Oxford United coffers. However, we’ll get the picture up to June of last year by the end of April, when the accounts are due to be published.

Or maybe not, as the accounts of Wigan Warriors were due to be published on 11th February and are now marked as “overdue
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Post by Mooro »

Could all those sides who have already played them twice loan them a couple of fringe players each (eg Burnell &amp Clarke for us) so that they can put up a fight for the rest of the season???
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

I doubt that will happen, and OUFC would seem to be the major beneficiary of Weymouth’s demise. Plus you can only have 5 loan players on the pitch at any one time.

Incidentally, if the people who made so much money out of last Saturday’s result paid just a third of their winnings to Weymouth they would be solvent again.
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Post by GodalmingYellow »

Looks like we won't be gaining anything.

http&#58//www&#46theterras&#46co&#46uk/ ... ded&#46htm