Points deduction

Anything yellow and blue
Roo
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Roo »

If we miss out on the playoffs, I think it will have at least as much to do with the points we spunked up against the wall earlier in the season as any deduction by the w*nkers in Brum.

*Rant Over*

:lol:
Boogie
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Boogie »

I agree Roo. Let's move on.

2 points is equivalent to letting in an undeserved equaliser in the last 15 minutes through poor defending or sitting back.

I'm hoping Wilder will get those bad habits out of the team. It could still happen again this season but if we miss out by 2 points some fans will say, there you go why didn't we appeal?.

Back to an earlier thread I started, I am amazed at the 5 wins so rather than pressure off and lets relax gel / rebuild for next year with the marginal rebuilding Wilder has done, we do appear to have an outside chance even after the points deduction.

So, let's hope that the points deduction is a catalyst to inspire the players to overturn it on the field. A draw on Thursday would be a good start ( unless we give away a stupid equaliser!) but we need a few results to go our way before Sunday so the gap is not as big as Snake says it might be.
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

Eddie Hutchinson against
12 Aug 08 Weymouth - 0 points (unused sub)
16 Aug 08 Eastbourne - 3 points (came on as sub)
21 Aug Wrexham - 0 points (started)
25 Aug Woking - 1 point (started)
30 Aug Ebbsfleet - 1 point (started)
2 Sep Northwich - 3 points (started)
27 Sep Lewes - 0 points
4 Oct R&ampD - 3 points (unused sub)
----------------------------------------
9 Oct Torquay - 1 point (unused sub)
12 Oct Alty - 0 points
1 Nov York - 3 points (came on as sub)

If Eddie was unregistered up to and including 4 October gives 11 points under the full liability (was on the teamsheet, whether he played or not).
But only 5 points for games for games where he started on the pitch. Or 8 points where he played any part in the match. ???
Boogie
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Boogie »

Well that was a rubbish set of results.

Wrexham and Crawley looked promising but both of them clutching a point was my fault for raising the subject of late equalisers earlier this evening!
Matt D
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by Matt D »

&quotBoogie&quot wrote:...both of them clutching a point was my fault for raising the subject of late equalisers earlier this evening!
boooooooooooooooooooo... gie.
Boogie
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Boogie »

The league table on the official Football Conference website is still showing us with 45 points.

http&#58//www&#46footballconference&#46co&#46uk/tables/
theox
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by theox »

&quotBoogie&quot wrote:The league table on the official Football Conference website is still showing us with 45 points.

It will be three months before any of their staff check that...........
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

Post by GodalmingYellow »

&quottheox&quot wrote:
&quotBoogie&quot wrote:The league table on the official Football Conference website is still showing us with 45 points.

It will be three months before any of their staff check that...........
And we'll probably get another points deduction for it... :evil:
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Post by Baboo »

Have they now done a 100% check or are they still doing random checks?
What I am getting at is - is there a chance that teams above us could still fall foul of this stupidity?
More likely that if the BSP people find anything else amiss they'll just keep quiet about it methinks.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

My understanding is that this particular error canÔÇÖt happen any more because the players' Conference registration number (which is provided to clubs when the playerÔÇÖs registration is processed) must be put onto the official team sheets to be sent in.
Sideshow Rob
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by Sideshow Rob »

&quotSnake&quot wrote:My understanding is that this particular error can’t happen any more because the players' Conference registration number (which is provided to clubs when the player’s registration is processed) must be put onto the official team sheets to be sent in.
Yes but a full audit of the first few months of the season might be interesting. I doubt they'd risk it though.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Snake »

&quotSideshow Rob&quot wrote:
&quotSnake&quot wrote:My understanding is that this particular error can’t happen any more because the players' Conference registration number (which is provided to clubs when the player’s registration is processed) must be put onto the official team sheets to be sent in.
Yes but a full audit of the first few months of the season might be interesting. I doubt they'd risk it though.
I strongly suspect (but don’t know for certain) that this is what actually happened when Mansfield were deducted 4 points in late September, which is why they also found out about OUFC, CTFC and BRFC.
Hog
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Hog »

&quotSideshow Rob&quot wrote:
Doubt they'd risk it? They'd bloody well better risk it or they'll have me to answer to!
Ascension Ox
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by Ascension Ox »

This whole episode has been quite shambolic hasn't it?
5 points deducted for a bag of wind.

Still...everyone makes mistakes, mustn't grumble, move on, whistle a happy tune etc etc ad nauseam. Not me squire. Still livid.

Cambridge 1 (Wilmott) Oxford 4 (Carruthers Wilmott Foster Batt)

3,106 (237 Us)

UE: Turley misses penalty in last minute. A disgruntled Cambridge supporter wearing a Steve Evans mask runs naked round the pitch in protest.
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotHog&quot wrote: Doubt they'd risk it? They'd bloody well better risk it or they'll have me to answer to!
I will await developments.