Squad Status

Anything yellow and blue
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Mooro »

&quotBaboo&quot wrote:
&quotboris&quot wrote:Ben Weedon is also at Banbury United, also on loan.
Presumably we can call him back at a moments notice.
Patterson was quite bullish on the Weedon and Molloy front.

I, and I suspect, a few others had assumed that their fate had already been sealed and that them going on loan to Banbury was with an eye to them staying there permanently once their short term deal here ran out, which we thought was at the end of September

Instead it appears that all three were given until the end of December to prove themselves &amp that the Banbury stint was only for a month in order to get a few games under their belts and thy would then come back and be actively involved in forthcoming reserve games.
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by A-Ro »

&quotMooro&quot wrote:
&quotBaboo&quot wrote:
&quotboris&quot wrote:Ben Weedon is also at Banbury United, also on loan.
Presumably we can call him back at a moments notice.
Patterson was quite bullish on the Weedon and Molloy front.

I, and I suspect, a few others had assumed that their fate had already been sealed and that them going on loan to Banbury was with an eye to them staying there permanently once their short term deal here ran out, which we thought was at the end of September

Instead it appears that all three were given until the end of December to prove themselves &amp that the Banbury stint was only for a month in order to get a few games under their belts and thy would then come back and be actively involved in forthcoming reserve games.
Now he is no longer the Rage On sponsored Ben Weedon I think there's every chance he'll come back and do well.
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Post by Mooro »

A bit of updating on this thread for someone tonight then.....

BTW - I’m trying to put together a little spreadsheet which gives an indication of how close to the salary cap we are running at any point in time.

For the purposes of this, I’ve tried to allocate the squad into bands based on their rough weekly salary which I’ve set out below:

Band A: Gilly, Willmott, Turley, Duffy, Marvin, Shaw

Band B: Pettefer, Quinn, Standing, Rose, Gnohere, Twigg

Band C: Tardif, Hutch, Corcoran, Yemi, Jeannin

Band D: Anaclet, Day, Foster, Trainer, Ledgister

Band E: Weedon, Malloy, Bennett, Celik

Do people reckon I’ve got the groupings roughly correct, or are there any glaring errors ??
Ascension Ox
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by Ascension Ox »

&quotMooro&quot wrote:A bit of updating on this thread for someone tonight then.....

BTW - I’m trying to put together a little spreadsheet which gives an indication of how close to the salary cap we are running at any point in time.

For the purposes of this, I’ve tried to allocate the squad into bands based on their rough weekly salary which I’ve set out below:

Band A: Gilly, Willmott, Turley, Duffy, Marvin, Shaw

Band B: Pettefer, Quinn, Standing, Rose, Gnohere, Twigg

Band C: Tardif, Hutch, Corcoran, Yemi, Jeannin

Band D: Anaclet, Day, Foster, Trainer, Ledgister

Band E: Weedon, Malloy, Bennett, Celik

Do people reckon I’ve got the groupings roughly correct, or are there any glaring errors ??
Don't bother asking.

I 've heard enough b/s spouted about players salaries by so called OUFC insiders over the years to power a nuclear generator.
Mally
Grumpy old git

Post by Mally »

Squad status updated with todays comings and goings. Does anybody know the contract terms for Shaw and Jeanin?
Pe├▒a Oxford United
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by Pe├▒a Oxford United »

&quotAscension Ox&quot wrote:I 've heard enough b/s spouted about players salaries by so called OUFC insiders over the years to power a nuclear generator.
Surely the point about a nuclear generator is that it's powered by nuclear power?
entirely disenchanted
SmileyMan
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by SmileyMan »

&quotPeña Oxford United&quot wrote:
&quotAscension Ox&quot wrote:I 've heard enough b/s spouted about players salaries by so called OUFC insiders over the years to power a nuclear generator.
Surely the point about a nuclear generator is that it's powered by nuclear power?
Move with the times, Peña. That &quotfissile material&quot stuff is so last millennium.

Everyone knows that modern nuclear installations are fuelled by internetrumourium, which is freely available and has a half life of several decades (determined in the Michelson-Morley &quotkidneys removed in a bath of ice&quot experiment). Even the safety aspect is acceptable, with the only known human injuries to date being a few badly bruised egos.
Mally
Grumpy old git

Post by Mally »

Updated - see page 1
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Post by Mooro »

For the record - Weedon, Malloy and Bennett all apparently are on 6 month contracts rather than three.

Alex Fisher is a 1st year scholar (albeit a year older than most due to staying on at school for an extra year).
Declan Benjamin is a 1st year, and is normally a central midfielder, rather than a forward.
James Clarke (mentioned after the Aldershot friendly) is a 2nd year scholar and is a centre-back, who can also play at right-back.

The only lads graduating this summer are: Clarke, keeper Sam Warrell, Aaron Posey (LM/CM/LB) &amp Ben Spilman (LM,FW). Any others are first years or schoolboys...
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Post by Mooro »

Further updates (from OM/Club site)

Malloy - told contract not being extended beyond end December.
Weedon/Rose - given another month (to end Jan presumably although this could just be the OM getting the wrong end of the stick)
Bennett - no official news, but not due back from long-term injury until Feb, so likely to be given rest of season after that to show what can do.

Clarke (2nd yr scholar) offered pro deal (length TBC).

Of the other 2nd years, Warrell will get his chance next week, while Aaron Posey is now training with the seniors and been in the squad for the last couple of games so will also be hopeful. Ben Spilman went out on loan to kidlington for a while but has not had a callup to the senior squad yet.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

After that crap today it sounds like Mally is going to be busy in the new few weeks updating the top of this thread.

By the way, as far as I can work out we’ve already used 32 different players this season, and the record in modern times stands at 41 (in the 00/01 David Kemp season).

http://www.rageonline.co.uk/mainpage.ph ... ppearances
boris
Grumpy old git

Post by boris »

Time for an update Mr Mally.

Or does the fact that you've now got a proper job preclude such luxuries?
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

Corcoran signs for Rushden, for example.

Gosh, it's all coming and going isn't it?
The Enforcer
Brat

Re: Squad Status

Post by The Enforcer »

I've had a stab:

Billy Turley (G) 3 year contract
Sam Warrell (G) 2nd year Scholar

Michael Corcoran (CB) Released*
Barry Quinn (CB/CM) 2 year contract[/b]
Chris Willmott (CB) 2 year contract[/b]
Phil Gilchrist (CB) Retired
Luke Foster (CB) 2 year contract
Matthew Day (RB/CB) 1 year contract*
Ben Weedon (LB) 1 year contract
Luke Bennett (RB/CB), 1 year contract
Alex Jeannin (LB/LM) 3 month loan to Kidderminster*
James Clarke (CB/RB) 3 year contract
Michael Howard (LB) one month loan

Carl Pettefer (CM) 1 year contract*
Eddie Hutchinson (CM) 2 year contract*
David Malloy (CM) Released
Phil Trainer (CM/LM) ??? year contract
Michael Standing (CM) Released
Danny Rose (CM/LM) Non contract terms
Adam Murray (CM) 2 year contract

Eddie Anaclet (RB/RM) 1 year contract
Joel Ledgister (RM/F) 2 year contract
Declan Benjamin (CM/F) 1st year scholar
Michael Blackwood (LM/LB) on loan until end of season

Yemi Odubade (F/RM) 2 year contract
Robert Duffy (F) 1 month loan to Wrexham*
Marvin Robinson (F) Released
Gary Twigg (F) Released
Alex Fisher (F) 1st year scholar
Matt Taylor (F) youth player
Craig McAllister (F) 2 year contract
Justin Richards (F) on loan until end of season
Matt Green (F) on loan until end of season

* = asked to leave

Notes:

- Length of contracts include this season, e.g 2 year = expires June 2009.

- Not sure about status of Rose or Trainer's contracts.

- I have italiced players Patterson has got rid of (not sure if Standing went before he took over?) and bolded those he has brought in in the latter case I have included youth players, but not Fisher as Smith was using him. I have also included Rose as effectively his deal had run out.
Last edited by The Enforcer on Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Zeke
Dashing young thing

Post by Zeke »

I thought Howard was on loan until the end of the season as well. Is he only on the 1 month?