Squad Status

Anything yellow and blue
Mally
Grumpy old git

Post by Mally »

Of course if he does finally leave the club then it has to be &quotStanding Bye&quot
John Byrne's Underpants
Puberty

Post by John Byrne's Underpants »

And, if he does decide to go, I doubt the Club will be Standing in his way.

(Really scraping the bottom of the barrel now!).
SteMerritt
Puberty

Post by SteMerritt »

As we are near the wage-cap, we might be able to work money to sign him, so we have Standing room only.
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Post by GodalmingYellow »

Presumably his terrace song will be based around Elton John's &quotI'm still Standing&quot
SteMerritt
Puberty

Post by SteMerritt »

We could get a decent chant from 'Stand And Deliver' by Adam &amp the Ants.
recordmeister
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by recordmeister »

I wonder if he has considered running for government in his next local elections...

(If you can't work that one out, you are thicker than I thought!)
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Post by Mooro »

Will his first interview be a &quotStanding Oration&quot?

..and if he gets snapped going into a nightclub with Marc Almond will the caption be &quotStanding in the door of the pink flamingo&quot?
Sideshow Rob
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Sideshow Rob »

If he jumps on top of the referee, will the official be underStanding?
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Post by Mooro »

So, with Burgess leaving that at least means that we can get Standing in, who is likely to play more games than Burgess would have done had he stayed.

I'd be interested to know the relative salaries between them and whether the balance could be used to extend a deal for a young back-up left back??
Mally
Grumpy old git

Post by Mally »

Updated to include Danny Rose signing.

We now have a squad of 24 - If I was Ben Weedon, Luke Bennett or David Malloy I'd be getting nervous.
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Mooro »

&quotMally&quot wrote:Updated to include Danny Rose signing.

We now have a squad of 24 - If I was Ben Weedon, Luke Bennett or David Malloy I'd be getting nervous.
What do you mean &quot...getting...&quot , all three should have known their chances of getting taken on were slim at best even before being virtually ignored pre-season and Jimbo complaining about the wage cap &amp then signing people on monthly deals.....

Seriously, Bennett only really had a hope if one or more of the original CBs offered deals turned them down - his fate now sealed by his injury (of which details/severity have not been forthcoming) and the arrival of Gnohere (on presumably a damn site more money).
Malloy is either a defensive midfielder (where he spent no time during preseason) or a right back (where he made two late sub appearances). The late arrival of Standing and Rose has all but ruled him out in midfield, while Smith has already seen Quinn &amp Foster as cover for Eddie &amp even tried Pettifer pre-season as well.
Weedon probably had the best chance, but only one pre-season appearance again indicates how much he figures in the managers thoughts, with Day &amp Foster (and god forbid Gnohere) possible cover for Jeannin

I only hope that they have been wise enough/advised to have sorted out positions at alternative clubs for when the axe falls..
..I might be wrong of course, but I'm not hopeful
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Post by Mooro »

Update:

Gavin Johnson has joined Bury Town in the Rymans North division (same level as Oxford City &amp didcot).
Gareth Tucker has joined Oxford City
Jerome Anderson has signed for Stevenage, but has gone out on loan to St Albans (conf south).
Chris Weedon has signed for Salisbury

As for the three guys on 3 month deals:
Ben Weedon is still here (apparently)
David Malloy has gone out to Banbury on loan
Luke Bennetts injury is likely to keep him out until next year, but I dont know as yet what the club will do about his contract.
boris
Grumpy old git

Post by boris »

Ben Weedon is also at Banbury United, also on loan.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

Interesting to hear at last night’s forum that the reason Rose and Standing are on non-contract terms is because it’s their choice to do that on account of them wanting League football this season. Seems like the best of both worlds to me – they have to put in 100% effort to get recognised by other clubs, while we pay them peanuts to perform.

Oh, and the RO forum does appear to cater for more than 10,000 reads in the stats entry it seems, as proven by this thread.
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotboris&quot wrote:Ben Weedon is also at Banbury United, also on loan.
Presumably we can call him back at a moments notice.