Chester City again....

Anything yellow and blue
Brahma Bull
Puberty

Post by Brahma Bull »

It won't go away though.....

&quotThe Chester Seven wait on Town's FA appeal&quot. Despite the BSP Seven having been told, somewhat surprisingly, they didn't put their appeals in on time, and having their case chucked out, it looks like it may be back on should Fleetwood win their identical appeal (they did appeal on time).

Should the FA re-expunge the results from the BSN, then the BSP will surely have an identical case to answer, despite the appeal being thrown out. So should we win our next four games, United will finish the season on 97 points, that has got to win the title :wink:

Solicitors Clarke Willmott are acting for Fleetwood, they also acted for the BSP seven.

I hope James and Chris will do our club proud, I wondered what happened to players after being discarded by Oxford :lol:
slappy
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by slappy »

&quotBrahma Bull&quot wrote:It won't go away though.....

&quotThe Chester Seven wait on Town's FA appeal&quot. Despite the BSP Seven having been told, somewhat surprisingly, they didn't put their appeals in on time, and having their case chucked out, it looks like it may be back on should Fleetwood win their identical appeal (they did appeal on time).

Should the FA re-expunge the results from the BSN, then the BSP will surely have an identical case to answer, despite the appeal being thrown out. So should we win our next four games, United will finish the season on 97 points, that has got to win the title :wink:

Solicitors Clarke Willmott are acting for Fleetwood, they also acted for the BSP seven.

I hope James and Chris will do our club proud, I wondered what happened to players after being discarded by Oxford :lol:
Unfortunately not. The FA appeal procedures are quite clear. You have a set number of days to appeal and if you don't the case is closed.

If the club had bothered to clarify this last year, Oxvox et al could have saved a lot of time with their &quotgive back our points petition&quot. It was NEVER going to get the points back.
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

Was there a petition? And who had the cheek to sign it?
Isaac
Dashing young thing

Post by Isaac »

I think we should appeal for those 5 points we lost last season to be given back this season, that might make the last 4 games a bit more interesting.

Next season it would be nice not to have points won on the pitch taken off by teams going bust/administrative errors wouldn't it? Although I thought the appeal for the chester points was opportunistic and a bit cheap to be honest (given that if having the points expunged had helped us, we wouldn't have appealed, so the high moral ground we claimed to occupy during the chucking out of Chester turned out to be somewhat transparent).
Brahma Bull
Puberty

Re:

Post by Brahma Bull »

&quotHog&quot wrote:Was there a petition? And who had the cheek to sign it?
5000 plus souls signed that petition, plus some cats.
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

Post by GodalmingYellow »

&quotBrahma Bull&quot wrote:
How do you know it wasn't the same cat signing under several pseudonyms? :lol:
Brahma Bull
Puberty

Re:

Post by Brahma Bull »

&quotGodalmingYellow&quot wrote:
I do know though. However, I cannot possibly suggest it can I? That cat was very important in reaching our aim of 5000 signatures..... :wink:
YF Dan
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by YF Dan »

Brahma, what's your signature all about? I'm guessing it's Bradbury's overhead kick vs Torquay, but why the quote?
SmileyMan
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by SmileyMan »

&quotGodalmingYellow&quot wrote:
Because cats only have three names, of course, and they would never sign using one of them.
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

Fledgling football club denied use of Vikings’ home

WIDNES Town FC will not be playing their matches at the Widnes Vikings Super League home, the Weekly News can exclusively reveal.

Halton Borough Council announced yesterday that it had rejected the club’s request to use Stobart Stadium for fixtures.

Widnes Town FC director Stephen Speed said the club is considering several possible venues in Widnes and its outskirts.

Halton Council refused the bid because of Stobart Stadium’s Superleague commitments, daily Widnes Vikings training sessions and use by community groups.

The news may come as a blow for the fledgling club, which had been quick to distance itself from the circumstances of Widnes Vikings’ slide into administration in 2007.

Mr Speed, one of Widnes Town FC’s five directors, said the club is ‘starting from scratch’ and that Wirral businessman and former Widnes Vikings owner Stephen Vaughan Snr has no role at the club.

Mr Vaughan’s son Stephen Jnr has been appointed as Widnes Town’s manager, while former Liverpool defender and Chester City manager Mark Wright is chairman. Stephen Vaughan Jnr is a former Chester City player and spent time on Liverpool FC’s books. Former Oxford United striker Lee Steele is assistant manager.

Mr Speed said the club, whose creation was announced last Thursday, has been funded by its directors who have ‘budgeted for two years’, and will foot any financial risk.

Mr Speed, of Vaughan Boxing Promotions, also revealed sneak preview details of the club’s colours including the crest and a draft design of the kit.

He added that the club’s biggest plan is to set up a youth academy. It also intends to sign ‘a couple of recognised names’ for its first team squad.

If granted FA affiliation, Widnes Town will play in the North West Counties league – which would set the stage for some feisty Halton derbies with Runcorn Linnets and Runcorn Town.

Mr Vaughan Jnr was unavailable for comment because he is abroad.

Mr Speed said: “The stadium wasn’t the be-all-and-end-all. We’re looking at several options.
Brahma Bull
Puberty

Re:

Post by Brahma Bull »

&quotYF Dan&quot wrote:Brahma, what's your signature all about? I'm guessing it's Bradbury's overhead kick vs Torquay, but why the quote?
Only because I shared the same surname as Lee and I often dreamt that Brian Talbot was talking about me and my scissor kick.