U's On TV

Anything yellow and blue
SteMerritt
Puberty

Re:

Post by SteMerritt »

&quotboris&quot wrote: Res Ox - are you sure about the home 0-0 v Leicester? Would that be this one? Can anyone else shed any light on this?
This does ring a bell with me now it is mentioned - didn't they have a goalkeeper making his debut, who was given motm? Shame I don't have all of the match reports that made up the old 'Memory Lane' site anywhere now, this match I think was one of them.

A quick check confirms that the 13th Dec 1992 was indeed a Sunday as well.
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

Post by GodalmingYellow »

&quotMyles Francis&quot wrote:Another voice to confirm the Boro game was live on Sky. I remember dragging a neighbour down the pub to watch it.

If I remember rightly, the Sunderland game was Sky's first ever pay-per-view match.

Also, I'm 99.99999% certain the Marlow game wasn't live on the box. Might have had extended highlights on MOTD though.
Marlow was definitely not live on the box. I was too late trying to get tickets so couldn't go.

I remember listening to it at a friends house in Moreton in Marsh. I checked out the telly and it wasn't on so had to make do with the radio.
yellowportly
Brat

Post by yellowportly »

here's why I think Marlow was live on TV ...

We just got Cable TV and I rang up to get one of the footy channels added to the package because (as I recall) the yellows we playing Marlow ...

NTL (quelle surprise) coecked it up and I never got the channel added, nor did I watch the crushing defeat therefore on TV

I'm sure that's how it happened but probably the only way to find out is to ask either Marlow or Sky
--== Keep On Keepin' On ==--
boris
Grumpy old git

Post by boris »

Okay, I've updated the page to reflect the games that were previously missing and to correct the Chelsea match. I've also removed the Marlow game (sorry portly, but it's the consensus, you know - I'll reinstate it if we can find out if it really was on the box).

Anyone think of any others (apart from the pre-season friendlies v Man U and Chelsea, which were on MUTV and Chelsea TV respectively)?
SteMerritt
Puberty

Post by SteMerritt »

I believe there was a second away match at Wycombe shown live as well. Think we lost 3-1. Our goalkeeper was sent off and they scored from the resulting penalty late in the game....

http://www.rageonline.co.uk/mainpage.ph ... :00:00.000

This one?
boris
Grumpy old git

Post by boris »

ah yeah, that rings a bell.

buggrit, that means my thing on the news item about us not having lost on tv since 98 is bollocked. goddam you, Merritt.
SteMerritt
Puberty

Post by SteMerritt »

Well you did call the piece 'Riddled with Data error' :wink:
Ancient Colin
Grumpy old git

Post by Ancient Colin »

How can you forget Hubert Busby in his sweatshirt?
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Post by Mooro »

Stand-in keeper TV penalty dramas abound - I seem to remember Bussby saved the first kick but was adjudged to have moved, then didnt save the second attempt...

and of course, if Phil Wilson (or was it Elliott Jackson) had had the courage of his convictions and dived properly then the whole Chelsea story could have been so different...
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Post by Kernow Yellow »

This one was on the box as well, Boris:
http&#58//www&#46rageonline&#46co&#46uk ... 800&#46000
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Post by Kernow Yellow »

Oh, and didn't SixTV show a pre-season friendly against Derby a few seasons back? Or does that not count...
YF Dan
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by YF Dan »

And Wolves (4-0) wasn't televised. Wolves (3-0) (1997/98) was with Joey scoring a couple.

He always scored on Sky.

Fact.
boris
Grumpy old git

Post by boris »

YF Dan, is there a list somewhere of all the live televised games that you TV moguls can get your mitts on?

I will update the TV page with the latest details once I've confirmed them, at home.
YF Dan
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by YF Dan »

No, sadly not. I can only look up BBC matches invoving Oxford...ie not many.
Pe├▒a Oxford United
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Pe├▒a Oxford United »

The way it's going, the only way we'll get on telly live again is an internet feed from somebody's mobile phone. Or public access TV.
entirely disenchanted