A quiz made for this forum

Anything yellow and blue
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Re: A quiz made for this forum

Post by Kernow Yellow »

&quotBigCrompy&quot wrote:
&quotKernow Yellow&quot wrote:A solid 9/10. And I dispute the one I got 'wrong'!
Ditto - was going to have a bit of a grump about that which I fouled up too. It was the one about the siblings - how about you?
Yup. There was definite ambiguity despite the comma placement.
Ancient Colin
Grumpy old git

Post by Ancient Colin »

That was the one I got wrong, too.
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Post by A-Ro »

Even though I got that one wrong I did understand once I re-read the question. However, the one I do take issue with (even though I got it right) is the &quotthat / which&quot question. I thought you could only use which after a comma and if there is no comma then you can use either.

It's all to do with restrictive and non-restrictive clauses innit.
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

Talking of quizzes, my team (Bob's Full Hearse) won the local pub quiz last night (by one point), helped by my impressive knowledge of Manchester United's opponents in Sir Alex Ferguson's first game in charge. It should perhaps be pointed out that this was in Guildford rather than Oxford, but as this town is always mentioned as where Manchester United fans will be driving back to / dancing on the streets, perhaps a few others got the answer right.

Rather trickier was to name the top five British scorers in the Premier League last season.
joepoolman
Mid-life Crisis

Post by joepoolman »

slappy wrote:Rather trickier was to name the top five British scorers in the Premier League last season.
Bale, Walcott, Lambert, Fletcher, Rooney?
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

joepoolman wrote:
slappy wrote:Rather trickier was to name the top five British scorers in the Premier League last season.
Bale 21, Walcott 14, Lambert 15, Fletcher, Rooney 12?
not Fletcher, but there is another player with 15, and strangely another British player with 12, according to the BBC Premier League top scorer chart. So perhaps it should have been top 6?
joepoolman
Mid-life Crisis

Post by joepoolman »

slappy wrote:not Fletcher, but there is another player with 15, and strangely another British player with 12, according to the BBC Premier League top scorer chart. So perhaps it should have been top 6?
To be honest I couldn't help but look up the top scorers as soon as I'd made my guess, and I agree about a top 6, easy mistake to make though.
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Post by Mooro »

Without looking it up, I'll take a guess at Lampard (and I suppose therefore Gerrard), plus maybe one of Maloney, Agbonlahour or Carroll. Is Le Fondre british?
OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Post by OUFC4eva »

Talking of quiz questions: who do you reckon will be our new
front of shirt sponsor for 2013/2014?

Entries close on Wednesday - cleared funds must be received during Wednesday at the latest
before the big draw is made Wednesday evening.
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Post by Mooro »

Firoka