MAJOR CHANGES NEEDED AT OUFC

Anything yellow and blue
Finleysdad
Sperm

Re: MAJOR CHANGES NEEDED AT OUFC

Post by Finleysdad »

Whilst I disagree with some of the people on Steve F's list - especially Raynes - on the whole I have some sympathy with his general position that unless things at the club do change, and soon, OUFC will find itself back in the conference premier come the start of the 2014/15 football season.
Old Abingdonian
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Old Abingdonian »

I think it almost certain there will be significant player turnover - Chapman seems off to Mansfield of the ooc players, Heslop is generally not being played Craddock's mind is somewhere else the proportion of time spent injured by Leven, Duberry, Smalley and Pittman cannot justify apparently high wages. I think it unlikely that O'Brien or Parker will be retained.

The question is whether Ian Leneghan believes that CW has the skill and the will to overhaul the squad, or whether a new manager would do it better.

Others would argue that we also need major changes in the structure and financing of the club if we are to make real progress.
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

LENAGAN.
Werthers Original
Dashing young thing

Post by Werthers Original »

I'd keep O'Brien if he was cheap, he seems a pretty useful chap in a low-key way. And I'd love to keep Pitman, again if he wasn't too expensive

NB I dont really care how our owner spells his name, could people stop correcting each other's spellings? We're not writing a dissertation here, it's an informal online forum. (And I say this as a professional user of language!)
SmileyMan
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by SmileyMan »

You missed the full-stop after 'expensive.'
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

&quotWerthers Original&quot wrote:I'd keep O'Brien if he was cheap, he seems a pretty useful chap in a low-key way. And I'd love to keep Pitman, again if he wasn't too expensive

NB I dont really care how our owner spells his name, could people stop correcting each other's spellings? We're not writing a dissertation here, it's an informal online forum. (And I say this as a professional user of language!)
You might not care how he spells his name, but I think it shows either a lack of respect, or ignorance of the club's owner, akin to a cold caller getting your name wrong, or receiving a letter with the wrong name, and then being expected to be treated seriously.

Particularly seeing as the poster managed to get Dubbery, O'Brain, Smallie, Pitman, Chappman, Craddick, and Levin all correct.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

&quotslappy&quot wrote:
&quotWerthers Original&quot wrote:I'd keep O'Brien if he was cheap, he seems a pretty useful chap in a low-key way. And I'd love to keep Pitman, again if he wasn't too expensive

You might not care how he spells his name, but I think it shows either a lack of respect, or ignorance of the club's owner, akin to a cold caller getting your name wrong, or receiving a letter with the wrong name, and then being expected to be treated seriously.

Particularly seeing as the poster managed to get Dubbery, O'Brain, Smallie, Pitman, Chappman, Craddick, and Levin all correct.
Agree with Slappy Boy Blue, and a good job the syntax and apostrophe aficionados took a relaxed view of matters...

Anyway, GOING BACK TO THE HEADING TOPIC STARTED BY STEVE F. unless my maths are wrong it is highly likely that the “tipping point