Faint glimmer of hope

Anything yellow and blue
slappy
Grumpy old git

Re: Faint glimmer of hope

Post by slappy »

BUT there are several games where we haven't played badly, and have lost.
York away - they had 3 shots all game.
Rotheram away : 2-1 down, OUFC attacking, goalkeeper saves, hits the bar, and they go up and score and it's 3-1.
Cheltenham away: wonder goal to win for them.
Rochdale away: dominated the first 60 minutes of the game.
Chesterfield away: goals well into injury time both halves.
OK there have been several bad performances too, but I don't think the score tells the whole story.
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Post by Kernow Yellow »

&quotKernow Yellow&quot wrote:Winning against Rotherham is imperative if this glimmer of hope is going to transform into anything more concrete.
And there we have it. Season officially over.
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Post by Mooro »

&quotMooro&quot wrote:is it just me that thinks that the current formation will only have a limited shelf-life before it starts being worked out, and that we are going to need at least one more re-organisation (442 again?) to keep things going until the end of the season?
Errrr......sorry!! :oops:
Ancient Colin
Grumpy old git

Post by Ancient Colin »

Isn't that so Wilder? Let's find something that works ... and then change it?
YF Dan
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by YF Dan »

He who lives by the tinker dies by the tinker.
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Post by Mooro »

&quotYF Dan&quot wrote:He who lives by the tinker dies by the tinker.
Now that sounds painful....
SmileyMan
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by SmileyMan »

I'd like to apologise for starting this thread. Me and my big mouth (ok, technically fat fingers).

Time for a change at the top. Sorry Chris, you've been a great servant but you've found your level, and it's &quotMiddle of League Two,&quot which doesn't meet our expectations.
YF Dan
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by YF Dan »

Inconsistent team selection = Inconsistent results.

The man will never, ever learn while he's in charge of us. For his own good, he needs to get the boot. Once he's got time away, he may look back at where it went wrong and realise that a successful team at this level is a settled team.

Last night's team selection was an utter joke, especially after two such great results. His belief he can constantly outsmart opposition managers with his tactical masterstrokes is the reason he keeps chopping and changing...forget the pitch, injuries, bad luck, referees, the reason we are an inconsistent team is because the boss insists on changing things around on a weekly basis.

The season's over. Time to move on. Thanks Mr Wilder for Wembley (even though we should have won the league). Thanks for Slumdon x3 (even though we missed out on the play offs). Good luck at where-ever you end up, but enough is enough.