OUFC-related deadline-day rumour thread

Anything yellow and blue
joepoolman
Mid-life Crisis

Re:

Post by joepoolman »

&quotjoepoolman&quot wrote:Told you!! Offical text alerts says &quotUnited sign Middlesborough striker Jonathan Franks on loan until 1st January&quot.
http://www.oufc.co.uk/page/News/0,,1034 ... 86,00.html
Swissbloke
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Swissbloke »

Boro View:

A -Nippy attacking right winger or striker, fringes of the side. Has he signed for you? He'll rip up L2! Would be class for you!

B -He'd easily get his game for a mid-table championship side, so I expect him to light up your division! Really good signing!
SmileyMan
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by SmileyMan »

Sounds awesome!
theox
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by theox »

Hopefully he'll be more of a Jordon Rhodes than a Danny Philliskirk.
BigCrompy
Puberty

Re:

Post by BigCrompy »

&quotSwissbloke&quot wrote:Boro View:

A -Nippy attacking right winger or striker, fringes of the side. Has he signed for you? He'll rip up L2! Would be class for you!

B -He'd easily get his game for a mid-table championship side, so I expect him to light up your division! Really good signing!
Well he ISN'T getting a game for a mid-table Championship side (no appearances thus far and Boro haven't become contenders overnight, will finish 8th to 12th I'd think) and I'm not convinced he's walking straight into our team either! Sounds versatile though, great to have as part of a squad.
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quottheox&quot wrote:Hopefully he'll be more of a Jordon Rhodes than a Danny Philliskirk.
What about that forward we got on loan from Shrewsbury for a season. Can't think of his name. We signed him I think and someone told me he scored a couple of goals at the County ground recently.
theox
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by theox »

&quotBaboo&quot wrote:
&quottheox&quot wrote:Hopefully he'll be more of a Jordon Rhodes than a Danny Philliskirk.
What about that forward we got on loan from Shrewsbury for a season. Can't think of his name. We signed him I think and someone told me he scored a couple of goals at the County ground recently.
My link was more to do with young players coming on loan from a 'big' club..........
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quottheox&quot wrote:
&quotBaboo&quot wrote:
My link was more to do with young players coming on loan from a 'big' club..........
Thanks for clearing that up.
joepoolman
Mid-life Crisis

Re:

Post by joepoolman »

Correct me if I'm wrong but Rhodes wasn't actually that successful for us was he? Didn't he just win us a cup match, and then went on to be brilliant elsewhere?
theox
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by theox »

Hush my mouth.........he's back!