Rushden

Anything yellow and blue
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Post by Mooro »

I said the other day in one of the MKD threads that we should be playing another more local club from just below us rather than Franchise, in order to generate more visiting support &amp a better prospect of a win than playing someone above us.

One of the clubs I mentioned was R&ampD so I cannot help thinking that, while it would obviously not solve the overall issue, I would much prefer any money generated by one of our three home friendlies to contributing the survival of R&ampD than going into the coffers of MKD.

##
All reports have this as a fairly definate outcome rather than the more normal 'threat of' type story. How are R&ampD worse off than many of the other Conference clubs that have been on the verge of administration/collapse?
theox
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by theox »

&quotMooro&quot wrote:I said the other day in one of the MKD threads that we should be playing another more local club from just below us rather than Franchise, in order to generate more visiting support &amp a better prospect of a win than playing someone above us.

One of the clubs I mentioned was R&ampD so I cannot help thinking that, while it would obviously not solve the overall issue, I would much prefer any money generated by one of our three home friendlies to contributing the survival of R&ampD than going into the coffers of MKD.

##
All reports have this as a fairly definate outcome rather than the more normal 'threat of' type story. How are R&ampD worse off than many of the other Conference clubs that have been on the verge of administration/collapse?
I shall start this post by saying that this is a genuine query -

Why aren't R&ampD treated with the same contempt as the proposed Thames Valley Royals? Obviously, both the R&ampD clubs were smaller and on a lower level but still two seperate clubs were taken from their supporters and merged into one?

As I say, this is a genuine query. I assume I'm missing something about how R&ampD started?
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

Post by GodalmingYellow »

&quottheox&quot wrote:
&quotMooro&quot wrote:I said the other day in one of the MKD threads that we should be playing another more local club from just below us rather than Franchise, in order to generate more visiting support &amp a better prospect of a win than playing someone above us.

##
I shall start this post by saying that this is a genuine query -

Why aren't R&ampD treated with the same contempt as the proposed Thames Valley Royals? Obviously, both the R&ampD clubs were smaller and on a lower level but still two seperate clubs were taken from their supporters and merged into one?

As I say, this is a genuine query. I assume I'm missing something about how R&ampD started?
I think this stems form the fact that both were village sides going nowhere in the lower reaches of non-league football, which when merged had the opportunity of League football, and so most of the very few fans accepted the merger and indeed many new fans were attracted from the area.

Also the clubs were only 3.6 miles apart, so genuinely capable of being regarded as part of the same connurbation.

Thames Valley Royals was a completely unnecessary proposal to merge two well established League teams from 30 miles apart, whose fans were strong rivals to say the least, purely for the purpose of saving Maxwell some money whilst he lauded up being the owner of a much bigger team.

Quite a bit of difference I'd say.
Mr T
Brat

Post by Mr T »

Unfortunately Alty have missed out this time, and Southport are saved from the drop from whence they came!
Stockport's pitch could be saved as Sale Sharks are considering ground sharing with Salford City Reds at their soon to be built ground near the Trafford Centre ( a great place to window shop &amp people watch next time one ventures up North!).
Talking of ploughed fields, what chance Accrington Stanley having a level playing field next season. Even worse than Edgely Park I thought.
Bring back the black away shirt!