OXF V WWFC

Anything yellow and blue
Aylesbury Rich
Brat

Post by Aylesbury Rich »

Good to see the plucky non-leaguers getting excited about their cup final though.
Sideshow Rob
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Sideshow Rob »

Wycombe may be buying promotion this year but they having been living beyond their means for many years and as we know this is not sustainable in the long run. £6m in debt and losing £1m a year with a small fan base. It's going to be very messy when it all ends.
Matt D
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by Matt D »

&quotOxf_wanderer&quot wrote:were along time ago.....
you must be tonka toys then, rather than the pipes and slippers...
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Mooro »

&quotSideshow Rob&quot wrote:Wycombe may be buying promotion this year but they having been living beyond their means for many years and as we know this is not sustainable in the long run. £6m in debt and losing £1m a year with a small fan base. It's going to be very messy when it all ends.
Yeah, these chairmen who are reliant/more interested in a more prominent rugby team eh?

Major local objections to the new ground, which may upset tthe main man, and without being an expert in these things I think London Wasps (aka our current home is so shit we had to name the team after where we USED to play)v are struggling to qualify for the European Cup (or whatever it is called) so that wont help the finances either....
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Kernow Yellow »

&quotYeOx&quot wrote:Most if not all OUFC fans see Wycombe as noisy neighbours and a bit of a Mickey Mouse club, tbh.
I see Wycombe as quite quiet neighbours, to be honest. And a reasonably nice, community club. But that's as far as my interest in them goes. It's a shame for Wycombe fans that most of Us feel like this, as it's always nice to have a local rivalry, but really they should look elsewhere. Especially as it looks like we're about to be reacquainted with our real rivals next season, after a long absence.

As for the idea of 10,000 turning up to the 'M40 derby', Wycombe are going to have to grow some fans for that to happen...
Oxf_wanderer
Embryo

Post by Oxf_wanderer »

I guess many points for both groups of fans are respectable. I was just getting into football supporting when we were dominating the conference in the late 80's so I guess im not much use to Oxford being the bigger, I dont think its since 98/99 that the yellows finished above wanderers.

As many Wyc fans will point out there is on Rivalry for those wanderers who live this side if Wycombe. Me being now based in North Oxfordshire and in amongst many yellow fans It is something more. Friends including many devote yellows of all ages, who I have argued many times about the rise and fall of our clubs.

As for rivalry i find it unfortunate that our big one is with Colu although a big MK hating is apon us.

As I have said to many yellow fanned friends, i always look out for the Oxford result, and would love to see them get promoted. I just pray its not a playoff final between us.
oxfordyankee
Baby

Re:

Post by oxfordyankee »

&quotOxf_wanderer&quot wrote:Oxford being the bigger, I dont think its since 98/99 that the yellows finished above wanderers.
Surely you don't for one moment think that WWFC have ever been bigger than OUFC? Perhaps you meant better? The league tables don't lie and there's no doubt that you've been the better team. But bigger? I think not.
OUFC mean more than they should to me
BigCrompy
Puberty

Re:

Post by BigCrompy »

&quotOxf_wanderer&quot wrote:I was just getting into football supporting when we were dominating the conference in the late 80's so I guess im not much use to Oxford being the bigger, I dont think its since 98/99 that the yellows finished above wanderers.
I've just a sneaking suspicion that we were actually in the top flight in the late 80s, when WhyCome? were 'dominating' the hell from whence we have just returned. So for approximately half your football supporting life we've finished in superior league positions, even if for most of we Oxford fans the viewing since has mainly compelled us to put bleach in our eyes.

A trifling distraction maybe, but as most Yellows agree, you'd better look elsewhere for rivals who care.

I hear Marlow still have their position vacant?
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotOxf_wanderer&quot wrote:big MK hating is apon us.
Now you're talking. (although I'm not 100% sure what you are saying)
Oxf_wanderer
Embryo

the time... is now

Post by Oxf_wanderer »

COME ON YOU CHAIRBOYS!!
JoeyBeauchamp
Dashing young thing

Re: the time... is now

Post by JoeyBeauchamp »

&quotOxf_wanderer&quot wrote:COME ON YOU CHAIRBOYS!!
Catchy :roll:
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Post by Baboo »

Draw was a fair result. But if we had been any good at keeping the ball and basic defending we would have won. Wycombe believed they could pull it back at 2 down, not sure we would have if it had been the other way round. But we didn't fold and at the end had as much chance of winning it as Wycombe. What do you think Ox Wanderer?????
OUFanatic
Toddler

Post by OUFanatic »

Looking at the fixture run in that Wycombe have, it wouldnt be the biggest surprise in the world if they were overtaken in the final furlong by Stevenage of all people for the automatic places.
Oxf_wanderer
Embryo

my thoughts

Post by Oxf_wanderer »

I have to say it was a fantastic game. I was talking to Selfy during the game.. when we were 2 down I was gutted as we need to keep ahead of the pack. As you said we are at risk of being over taken. The feeling amongst Wyc fans is that we are gonna struggle to keep our auto spot. Its nice to see JPP back in the squad after and injury that has seen him out since the 2nd game of the season. He has scored over 15 goals in reserve and friendly games. What a great game though.. great atmosphere, personally some great banter with Oxford fan friends. May 7th needs to come soon. Its a nail biter. I thought Oxf would be in amongst the playoffs this time of the season.

Have talked in depth when I worked at a local restaurant with the players who visited reasonably often. I felt they thought they would be there too. Real shame we couldnt both get promoted and Slumdon relegated.
oufcharry80
Toddler

Post by oufcharry80 »