2 wins and onwards and upwards!

Anything yellow and blue
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

Post by GodalmingYellow »

&quotBaboo&quot wrote:
&quotboris&quot wrote:
&quotSideshow Rob&quot wrote:I was particularly disappointed that they didn't show Clarke's save near the end.
The BBC highlights show Clarke's save at the end.
Just watched this.
Must have been doctored- Craddock nearly scores two goals. First one was a good effort (Anyone agree?) but I'll hold my hands up and say he should have done better with the second.
You'll have to point out where in the film they are - I can only see a couple of howler misses. :wink: :lol:

And where in the table at the end of the season do we get credit for near misses anyway? A shot might as well be 50 yards wide as 2 yards wide as they each have the same value - nowt.
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotGodalmingYellow&quot wrote:[
And where in the table at the end of the season do we get credit for near misses anyway? A shot might as well be 50 yards wide as 2 yards wide as they each have the same value - nowt.
So MacLean is shite too - pathetic performance hitting the woodwork twice.

I would politely suggest that a player who hits a shot 50 yards wide is less likely to score next time he gets a chance than one who has missed by a couple of yards.

Surprised no one has used Craddock's first half hash / slash (call it what you will) that ended up so far away from the goal that saying it went wide would have given it more credit than it deserved, in the case against him.
I'll say what a confident player to be willing to try such a thing even with the crowd on his back.
headless_pnub
Brat

Re:

Post by headless_pnub »

&quotGodalmingYellow&quot wrote:I can only see a couple of howler misses. :wink: :lol:
Yeah, how he didn't put that 20 yard curling effort in I'll never know. Sitter! :roll:
Sackcloth Ox
Puberty

Re:

Post by Sackcloth Ox »

&quotheadless_pnub&quot wrote:
&quotGodalmingYellow&quot wrote:I can only see a couple of howler misses. :wink: :lol:
Yeah, how he didn't put that 20 yard curling effort in I'll never know. Sitter! :roll:
Which 'howler misses' ? His worst effort was the one that hit the sidenetting, should have done better. But never a howler.