Wilder & Co

Anything yellow and blue
Joey's Toe
Puberty

Re:

Post by Joey's Toe »

A thought:

If people believe (as some do) that we are in terminal decline under Wilder, then surely it would be better to change the manager BEFORE the Barnet game rather than after? A six-pointer at home to a relegation rival is a must-win, so surely you'd want the impetus of a new man at the helm?

I should add that this is NOT my view. But if things are as bad as some are making out, I find the whole &quotlet's wait until Barnet&quot premise a bit hard to fathom.
JoeyBeauchamp
Dashing young thing

Re:

Post by JoeyBeauchamp »

&quotJoey's Toe&quot wrote:A thought:

If people believe (as some do) that we are in terminal decline under Wilder, then surely it would be better to change the manager BEFORE the Barnet game rather than after? A six-pointer at home to a relegation rival is a must-win, so surely you'd want the impetus of a new man at the helm?

I should add that this is NOT my view. But if things are as bad as some are making out, I find the whole &quotlet's wait until Barnet&quot premise a bit hard to fathom.
I've not seen anyone say anything like that, and I'm certainly not saying that. Even if we lost the Barnet game (heaven forbid) it would by no means indicate we were going to be relegated. And CW has still got a huge amount in the credit column in my book - I would give him every chance to turn things round and only act if the club seems to be in terminal decline. i don't think we're anywhere near that yet.
SmileyMan
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by SmileyMan »

I don't want to get rid of Wilder, I want him to admit to some of his failings and mistakes and work hard to correct them.