Daylight Robbery In OX4 !

Anything yellow and blue
boris
Grumpy old git

Post by boris »

Game highlights from the BBC. Is it just me, or do these fail to show a true reflection of the game, especially the second half?
JoeyBeauchamp
Dashing young thing

Re:

Post by JoeyBeauchamp »

&quotboris&quot wrote:Game highlights from the BBC. Is it just me, or do these fail to show a true reflection of the game, especially the second half?
The Yellow Player ones are the same, bar the addition of a corer at the end which was barely a chance. I thought Clarke could have come for the first goal and also could have stayed up longer for the second.
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

I think the culprits may have moved a few miles East, changed their disguises from crimson to blue, but this time only got away with stealing two points from us instead of all three.

Anyway, can somebody explain the origins of the &quotramblers appearing late at Wycombe&quot story. I think it is something to do with going to a real ale pub and having a cross country trek to get to the ground, but I would like to hear the full version. After seeing some stragglers attempting the walk up the hill after the game, was that the route?

Also, most real ale lovers presumably missed the pub (Bootleggers) opposite the station as apart from our table I didn't see any fellow U's. They had 6 or 7 ales on tap, and a claimed range of 270 by bottle. I went there pre-match and post-match and it was quite pleasant - no colours allowed, but a few Wycombe fans simply zipped their jackets up and got away with it.

The ale on tap was quite reasonably priced at under £3 a pint, bottles were more like £4. A few continental lagers too on draught too. They didn't serve any food, but sportingly allow customers to bring their own food, or order takeaways for delivery there.
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Post by Baboo »

Unless travelling by train U's fans would not have been anywhere near the station, but one worth noting nontheless.
Cross country from Bicester for us and i discovered the 8 Bells in Long Crendon for the first (and second) times. Went there pre and post match. Finding decent real ale pubs all over the place just makes it even more annoying that there is nowt anyway half decent from what I know anywhere near the Kasstad.
boris
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by boris »

&quotBaboo&quot wrote: Finding decent real ale pubs all over the place just makes it even more annoying that there is nowt anyway half decent from what I know anywhere near the Kasstad.
Not very close, I know, but the Kings Arms in Sandford (down by the river) has London Pride on tap, and the *uck* Weatherspoons by Cowley Centre has Hooky on tap. Not been to any of the Littlemore pubs for years, so I don't know what's on offer there. The Priory does bottled Pride, which is scant consolation but better than the other shite they pass off as beer (Worthingtons or some such smooth flow).
The OXman Cometh
Brat

Post by The OXman Cometh »

There were a gang of Oxford 'lads' who tried to get into the Bootleggers who got off the same train as i did, me and two friends let them go past us coming out of the station, and they were turned away at the door of the pub, so we did not bother to try as we thought we would probably get the same short shrift, ended up in the Hobgoblin in the town centre where the Doom Bar and Hobgoblin were excellent.
Real ale near to our home venue.
The George Fullers
Golden Ball Greene King (I think)
Catherine Wheel Brakspears (At least it was)
The two Boris has just mentioned.
The Bullnose Morris Greene King
Err thats about it!!!!