Rushden

Anything yellow and blue
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotscooter&quot wrote:
&quotBaboo&quot wrote:
&quotscooter&quot wrote:Lets hope it's just an unsupervised cock up by Calamity Brown and that once KT is made aware of the situation a system for telephone booking and collection at Rushden is put in place.
Totally out of order.
So that's what you hope is it? So you can then blame one person. How very easy and convenient.
Ever heard of getting hold of the facts and then coming to an objective and fair opinion.
For what it is worth I would be very surprised if Kelvin was not aware of the situation.

And another for what it is worth - how about considering the fact that OUFC cannot force R&ampD (or York) to do anything in this regard.
Hey calm down chap, that was a bit vitriolic.

So tell me the facts as you understand them.

Tell me why in a commercial environment two companies with mutual interests are not optimising the revenue available.

Tell me why OUFC needed to force R&ampD ( or York ) to do anything, all it needs is a discussion to enable commercial pragtimism to intervene and the problem will go away.

I apologise ( this seems to be a recurring experience on this forum ) if I've dared to criticise MB and upset you in the process, but this is another example of how we let the really simple things shoot us in the foot, we should be on a roll backing the team, but we're bickering about poorly thought through ticketing arrangements.
I don't know the facts hence my comments.
As for being vitriolic - take a look again at your initial comments.
Anyway apology accepted. I understand that people are angry but I don't see any shred of evidence that it is Mick Brown's fault. Innocent until proven guilty hey?
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

I reckon if you're patient the club will announce a collection scheme at Rushden. Won't make getting through on the phone any easier though!
Brahma Bull
Puberty

Post by Brahma Bull »

Season Ticket Holders are entitled to expect to get a ticket and as we have a lot of exiled supporters (many of which are regulars and season ticket holders) a single weekday to get a ticket before going on open sale, is hardly acceptable. It is made even more unacceptable, when they 'seem' not to call and book over the phone.

As for a solution, why not post your ST Terry to someone in Oxford (I could help you with that) and that person can queue on your behalf on Tuesday morning?

Or post your ST to the club, with payment, by next day/morning recorded delivery and surely they would action your intended purchase?

I have someone going for me, as I am exiled too. Maybe they would go for you too if we got your ST in time?
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Post by Baboo »

As i'm not a member of Oxvox I probably should not be saying what they should and should not be doing - but here goes anyway. Shouldn't they be contacting the club on this first thing tomorrow? And given that this always had the potential to be a contentious issue perhaps a pro-active approach would have helped?
Snake
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Snake »

&quotBaboo&quot wrote:As i'm not a member of Oxvox I probably should not be saying what they should and should not be doing - but here goes anyway. Shouldn't they be contacting the club on this first thing tomorrow? And given that this always had the potential to be a contentious issue perhaps a pro-active approach would have helped?
Tsk, not a member of OV?

////

As an ST holder all you have to do to guarantee a place @ Rushden is to either turn up at Minchery Farm on Tuesday and get the ticket in your hand on exit (but hey, it’s meant to be sunny so waiting should not be too bad) or spend quite a while on the telephone.
boris
Grumpy old git

Post by boris »

I didn't hear it myself, but apparently Radio Oxford have announced that tickets are going on sale today. May or may not be bollocks, but I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Forget that - I've just heard the report and it stated tickets go on sale tomorrow morning.
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

Post by GodalmingYellow »

&quotBrahma Bull&quot wrote:Season Ticket Holders are entitled to expect to get a ticket and as we have a lot of exiled supporters (many of which are regulars and season ticket holders) a single weekday to get a ticket before going on open sale, is hardly acceptable. It is made even more unacceptable, when they 'seem' not to call and book over the phone.

As for a solution, why not post your ST Terry to someone in Oxford (I could help you with that) and that person can queue on your behalf on Tuesday morning?

Or post your ST to the club, with payment, by next day/morning recorded delivery and surely they would action your intended purchase?

I have someone going for me, as I am exiled too. Maybe they would go for you too if we got your ST in time?
Many thanks for the offer BB, I'll see how events unfold through to lunchtime.
Brahma Bull
Puberty

Post by Brahma Bull »

I spoke with the club this morning, not on behalf of OxVox but on behalf of myself.

The club are collecting tickets today from Rushden when all the play-off clubs meet at Wembley.

Tickets on-sale tomorrow.

They will take telephone bookings, bear in mind 2000|| people will be queueing over the next day or so but will not post out. So you can book over the phone and then collect from the Ticket Office or send a mate locally to pick them up on your behalf.

Amazing what a quick telephone call can do. That is what I was told anyway.

NOT brought to you by OxVox. :wink:
theox
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by theox »

&quotBrahma Bull&quot wrote:I spoke with the club this morning, not on behalf of OxVox but on behalf of myself.

The club are collecting tickets today from Rushden when all the play-off clubs meet at Wembley.

They will take telephone bookings, bear in mind 2000|| people will be queueing over the next day or so but will not post out. So you can book over the phone and then collect from the Ticket Office or send a mate locally to pick them up on your behalf.

Will the Club be open on Thursday afternoon to enable collection?

edit - i emailed the club about this and CW responded to advise that they were in the process of finalising the details and he would come back to me asap. Hopefully, this means that something is being sorted to enable collection at Rushden on the night.
Long John Silver
Brat

Post by Long John Silver »

Luton have managed to get theirs on sale today.
http&#58//www&#46lutontown&#46co&#46uk/ ... 00&#46html
Selling Arrangements: Season ticket holders can purchase one ticket per person from Monday 26th April up until Tuesday 27th April.
Any remaining tickets will go general sale at one per person from Wednesday 28th April up until 3:00pm on Thursday 29th April.

Diamond Season ticket holders can pre-book the away leg fixture.
Due to the limited amount of time we have to sell these tickets and to offer Diamonds priority we will be accepting postal applications, phone applications and personal caller applications up until Saturday 24th April (12pm).
Diamonds holders will be entitled to one ticket per person and all applications must have a method of payment left with them.
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by A-Ro »

&quottheox&quot wrote:edit - i emailed the club about this and CW responded to advise that they were in the process of finalising the details and he would come back to me asap. Hopefully, this means that something is being sorted to enable collection at Rushden on the night.
Hasn't Chris Wilder got enough on his plate trying to sort the team out? :D
boris
Grumpy old git

Post by boris »

According to this thread on TIU, the club has confirmed that tickets booked over the phone can be collected in Rushden on the day of the game.
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Kernow Yellow »

&quotHog&quot wrote: I'm not volunteering though as I'll be re-qualifying (hopefully) on a driving course arranged weeks ago, including Thursday evening, which I absolutely cannot wriggle out of -
the first evening driving course I've had to do in twenty-bloody-seven years!
Any chance of using your ST number to get myself a ticket for thursday in that case, Hog?
Or if anyone else can help in this regard, I'd be very grateful...
theox
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by theox »

&quottheox&quot wrote:
&quotBrahma Bull&quot wrote:I spoke with the club this morning, not on behalf of OxVox but on behalf of myself.

Will the Club be open on Thursday afternoon to enable collection?

edit - i emailed the club about this and CW responded to advise that they were in the process of finalising the details and he would come back to me asap. Hopefully, this means that something is being sorted to enable collection at Rushden on the night.
Had an email back from Dawn in Ticket Office who says club will be open til 3.30pm on Thurs for collection.

No mention of being able to pick up in Rushden.

edit - i emailed back to ask about the possibility of picking up tickets from Rushden and the response was a simple 'Yes'.

Therefore, I guess if you are lucky enough to get through on the phone then you can ask for the Rushden option. Good news!
Mally
Grumpy old git

Post by Mally »

A number of people have referred to taking a season ticket in to buy a ticket. In my experience you never have to produce the season ticket itself, they will sell the ticket as long as you have the name and seat number that match their records.

As for complaining that you can't get to the ticket office in the next few days, well that's the same for hundreds of fans. Out of a group of 10 of us who go to games together only one could make it so he's getting the tickets - It's not exactly rocket science.

By the very fact that you are posting on here you have plenty of people who could get tickets on your behalf. There's even a section on this site to assist in the process.