York the real threat?

Anything yellow and blue
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Post by GodalmingYellow »

We are more than capable of winning this league comfortably. Our main threat is or own squad not performing.

Outside of that, as I've said ll season, I think York are our main threat. They have a very good squad as well, although I have no idea how they are funding it.

I think Stevenage will fall away and I think Rushden and Luton have too much catching up to do.
amershamwrighty
Puberty

Post by amershamwrighty »

A bullish post, GY, which I am happy to support !

I see Brodie was sent off today for what may be a 3 game suspension, and York have Luton at home on Tuesday, which given the latter's away form........
OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Post by OUFC4eva »

And Luton then have Wimbledon at home before they (AFCW) travel to Oxford.

In a funny kind of way I am glad we are playing in form Rushden on
Tuesday night. A home win would be marvellous.

Tuesday could be a big night and then Chester will go bang on Thursday.
Ancient Colin
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Ancient Colin »

&quotamershamwrighty&quot wrote:A bullish post, GY, which I am happy to support !

I see Brodie was sent off today for what may be a 3 game suspension, and York have Luton at home on Tuesday, which given the latter's away form........
Don't read my prior post then, sniff.
amershamwrighty
Puberty

Post by amershamwrighty »

Whoops - sorry AC !

Went straight to page 2.

No excuse - sloppy behaviour on my part !
OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Re: York the real threat?

Post by OUFC4eva »

&quotMooro&quot wrote:I'm now fearing York more than Steveange as the main title challengers, particularly looking at their fixtures over the next month...
How on earth did York not beat Histon last week?

Yes, I know Brodie was suspended but we had Beano missing today.
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Post by A-Ro »

Brodie is all York have got, now he is suspended for three games York's challenge is severely curtailed.
Radley Rambler
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Radley Rambler »

&quotA-Ro&quot wrote:Brodie is all York have got, now he is suspended for three games York's challenge is severely curtailed.
Shame that one (maybe two) of them will be a Trophy game
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Kernow Yellow »

&quotboris&quot wrote:If Chester get booted out then I think the main threat will probably come from Luton, especially if they win at York on Tuesday.
If Chester get booted out we'd have a game in hand over Luton though. I certainly wouldn't rule Luton out at this stage - they do seem to be coming into some form at just the right time for them (thanks in no small part to our late capitulation), and things might look a little clearer after tomorrow night. Absolutely massive game for us against R&ampD.
boris
Grumpy old git

Post by boris »

No, if Chester get booted out then Luton will have a game in hand over us - they've already played Chester twice (drew 0-0 both times) to our once.
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Post by Baboo »

York, Luton, Stevenage, Rushden all seem real threats to me - or am I just imagining things?
John Byrne's Underpants
Puberty

Re:

Post by John Byrne's Underpants »

&quotBaboo&quot wrote:York, Luton, Stevenage, Rushden all seem real threats to me - or am I just imagining things?
No, I agree. Especially Luton and Rushden who both seem to have hit form at the right time.

The Rushden game and the York/Luton game tomorrow will start to sort things out a bit I think.
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Kernow Yellow »

&quotboris&quot wrote:No, if Chester get booted out then Luton will have a game in hand over us - they've already played Chester twice (drew 0-0 both times) to our once.
Oh yeah. That's what I meant, I'm sure :oops:
SmileyMan
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by SmileyMan »

&quotBaboo&quot wrote:York, Luton, Stevenage, Rushden all seem real threats to me - or am I just imagining things?
Well, they're all still in the &quotin our own hands&quot group of teams - everyone else is looking for favours to be champions.

If I was pricing up a book for the championship, I'd make it roughly:

Oxford: 8-3
Stevenage: 4-1
York &amp Luton: 5-1
Rushden: 8-1
Kettering &amp Wimbledon: 35-1
400-1 bar

(LOL - after doing the above I looked at Betfair, and they have oxford at 6-5 on to be champions, so obviously the markets are more optimistic than me!)
Mally
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Mally »

&quotSmileyMan&quot wrote:(LOL - after doing the above I looked at Betfair, and they have oxford at 6-5 on to be champions, so obviously the markets are more optimistic than me!)
Or does it just mean there are more Oxford fans than those of our rivals? Surely odds reflect the bookies' exposure to an event happening rather than its chance of happening - although the two are often connected it's not always the case.