Oxford sniffing around 'Muff

Anything yellow and blue
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

It ain't right that R&ampD today (and others later in the season) get to play the Weymouth youth team.
Ascension Ox
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by Ascension Ox »

&quotSnake&quot wrote:The Barclays charge question may well be answered when the accounts are published, and I doubt we’ll ever see IL hosting a fans forum at OUFC again for the very obvious reason that he’s no longer interested in the club, apart from selling it.

As for patchy communication, then take a look at the OV website - it still says Jenny and Graham are on the committee and the last set of your committee minutes published are from December 8th. And before you say it, AO, Kelvin has a full time job as well..

By the way, AO, have you had your 1-2-1 with Kelvin yet, as you’d be better off raising these points with him directly rather than moaning on here about it?
Vapid post which completely misses the point, but feel free to have yet another pop at at OxVox , you seem to be addicted to it.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Snake »

&quotAscension Ox&quot wrote:
&quotSnake&quot wrote:The Barclays charge question may well be answered when the accounts are published, and I doubt we’ll ever see IL hosting a fans forum at OUFC again for the very obvious reason that he’s no longer interested in the club, apart from selling it.

As for patchy communication, then take a look at the OV website - it still says Jenny and Graham are on the committee and the last set of your committee minutes published are from December 8th. And before you say it, AO, Kelvin has a full time job as well..

By the way, AO, have you had your 1-2-1 with Kelvin yet, as you’d be better off raising these points with him directly rather than moaning on here about it?
Vapid post which completely misses the point, but feel free to have yet another pop at at OxVox , you seem to be addicted to it.
Ok, ok, I take it all back and apologise unreservedly, as given the way Wigan Warriors have started the season maybe he won’t sell OUFC after all.

By the way, are you still on the committee, AO? Just asking as there is no way of non-members knowing?
Radley Rambler
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Radley Rambler »

&quotSnake&quot wrote:It ain't right that R&ampD today (and others later in the season) get to play the Weymouth youth team.
It ain't right but is what will probably happen. Weymouth's ability to avoid going bust could have a large bearing on our chances. If they do go bust, we only lose one point whereas our rivals (generally) will lose more. If they don't go bust, our rivals who still have to play Weymouth will win at a canter and enhance their goal difference significantly.

Just our luck to have them early this season......
boris
Grumpy old git

Post by boris »

That's assuming that if they go bust their record will be expunged. When Spennymoor went under in the Unibond League, the FA prevented their record being expunged and instead ordered the league to award 3 points to every team that had yet to play them.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Snake »

&quotboris&quot wrote:That's assuming that if they go bust their record will be expunged. When Spennymoor went under in the Unibond League, the FA prevented their record being expunged and instead ordered the league to award 3 points to every team that had yet to play them.
Great, so we may have two non-footballing reasons why we don’t make the play-offs.

And the logic behind that Spennymoor decision was?
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotSnake&quot wrote:[
And the logic behind that Spennymoor decision was?
It was the FA, why should the decision be based on logic?
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

Here is a link to it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northern_P ... versy_2005

Mind boggling!
Ascension Ox
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by Ascension Ox »

&quotSnake&quot wrote:

Ok, ok, I take it all back and apologise unreservedly, as given the way Wigan Warriors have started the season maybe he won’t sell OUFC after all.

By the way, are you still on the committee, AO? Just asking as there is no way of non-members knowing?

OxVox have a website. You often post on our forum. What was your point, exactly?
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

Post by GodalmingYellow »

&quotSnake&quot wrote:It ain't right that R&ampD today (and others later in the season) get to play the Weymouth youth team.
I agree, and I've already written to the Conference and NLP to raise this issue.
Sideshow Rob
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Sideshow Rob »

Here is the top of the table with the Weymouth games taken out.

BUR 31 ||23 73
HIS 28 ||16 53
CAM 30 ||14 52
WRX 28 ||18 49
TOR 28 ||16 49
-------------
OXF 31 ||11 49
STE 30 ||8 49
CRA 29 ||13 46
KET 26 ||10 46
KID 28 ||9 46

Restoring our rightful 5 points puts us second!

More likely they will go into administration, take a 10 point deduction and limp along to the end of the season conceding a bucketful of points and goals to their lucky opponents. I don't think you break any rules by being sh*t.
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotSideshow Rob&quot wrote: I don't think you break any rules by being sh*t.
Just as well given our form over many recent years.
Ascension Ox
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by Ascension Ox »

&quotGodalmingYellow&quot wrote:
I agree, and I've already written to the Conference and NLP to raise this issue.
What's the point Terry? There was no alternative in the circumstances was there? Financial distress is a recurring motif in non league football.
boris
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by boris »

&quotSideshow Rob&quot wrote:Here is the top of the table with the Weymouth games taken out.
Fancy doing a table to show what it would look like if those teams who haven't yet played weymouth are just given their 3 points?
Snake
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Snake »

&quotSnake&quot wrote:
&quotAscension Ox&quot wrote: Vapid post which completely misses the point, but feel free to have yet another pop at at OxVox , you seem to be addicted to it.

OxVox have a website. You often post on our forum. What was your point, exactly?
OxVox have a very out of date website, and I’d post up some of the most out of date links, only I can’t because it still uses 'frames'. If you don’t believe me then go check and out the “Who’s who