There isn't really going to be a game on Saturday is there?

Anything yellow and blue
boris
Grumpy old git

Post by boris »

It does if you're a mantis
Mally
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Mally »

&quotHog&quot wrote:Does praying work then?
Hasn't worked for me over the last 10 years.
Sideshow Rob
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by Sideshow Rob »

&quotrecordmeister&quot wrote:I hope it is postponed again as I really want to make this away fixture (a gorund in the conf I have not yet done) and I can't make Tuesday night. I'm praying for a big freeze over the next 3 days...!
It looks like you might get your wish. Heavy snow is predicted for Monday night /Tuesday morning. The fixture conjestion for a number of play-off contenders might really start playing inro our hands if this weather persists.
Matt D
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by Matt D »

&quotrecordmeister&quot wrote:
&quotMatt D&quot wrote:still, the six nations champions kick off their defence of the title on sunday...

8)
Yawn.
oh, i don't know... marsh harrier for next saturday?
recordmeister
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by recordmeister »

Well, I am a Christian. Although anyone who has heard me playing in goal for Raging Fever may doubt it! But I can give you at least 5 major examples of the power of prayer in my life over the last year. Hopefully this http://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/oxfordunite ... _in_doubt/ will be just another one of those.... (Althought I've not deemed this quite worthy enough to actually make my real prayer list!)
boris
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by boris »

&quotrecordmeister&quot wrote:Well, I am a Christian.
Is that the creaking sound of a can of worms opening?
Ascension Ox
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by Ascension Ox »

&quotHog&quot wrote:Does praying work then?
Seriously, last time I prayed was the morning of the Oxford v Leyton Orient game in May 2006. In my local church yard. I followed this up with a godless bet on Leyton Orient to win the game as a pathetic 'hedge'.

God obviously was very pleased with Barry Hearn at the time.

Religion? Oh, I don't know.
recordmeister
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by recordmeister »

&quotboris&quot wrote:
Well, with all these games being called off and the tranfer window shut, we need something to chat about on here...!
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

Post by GodalmingYellow »

&quotrecordmeister&quot wrote:
&quotboris&quot wrote:
Well, with all these games being called off and the tranfer window shut, we need something to chat about on here...!
Speaking of which, I wonder what happened to the Radio Oxford prayer mat?
Snake
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Snake »

&quotboris&quot wrote:
It’s only a short jump from being superstitious (which most football fans are) to believing in God.
Mally
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Mally »

&quotSnake&quot wrote:
&quotboris&quot wrote:
It’s only a short jump from being superstitious (which most football fans are) to believing in God.
I'd say it's a massive step between lucky underpants and believing in an omnipresent omnipitent being that created everything we see and experience.
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Mooro »

&quotSideshow Rob&quot wrote:
&quotrecordmeister&quot wrote:I hope it is postponed again as I really want to make this away fixture (a gorund in the conf I have not yet done) and I can't make Tuesday night. I'm praying for a big freeze over the next 3 days...!
It looks like you might get your wish. Heavy snow is predicted for Monday night /Tuesday morning. The fixture conjestion for a number of play-off contenders might really start playing inro our hands if this weather persists.
Confirmed as off by club SMS.

This week and next week were Ketterings last two blank midweeks for the rest of the season, and they still have two more games to reschedule apart from us, so they are going to have to start squeezing two games in a couple of times, which may mean they struggle to compete across the 90 minutes against us.
Geoff
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Geoff »

If religions stuck to the practical areas they'd be great. When you get into the realms of prayer, re-incarnation, afterlife and omnipresence it all goes to hell in a handbasket for me.
boris
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by boris »

&quotMally&quot wrote:
&quotSnake&quot wrote:
&quotboris&quot wrote: Is that the creaking sound of a can of worms opening?
I'd say it's a massive step between lucky underpants and believing in an omnipresent omnipitent being that created everything we see and experience.
In all the religions in the whole world, from ancient times to the present day, has there ever really been a god that could beat Phil Whitehead as a shot stopper?
Ancient Colin
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Ancient Colin »

&quotGeoff&quot wrote:If religions stuck to the practical areas they'd be great. When you get into the realms of prayer, re-incarnation, afterlife and omnipresence it all goes to hell in a handbasket for me.
What, you mean practical areas like bombing the sh!t out of representatives of rival religions and persecuting non-believers?

Mind you, I do look forward to the Forum's discussion of pre-destination versus free will in the decline of Oxford United and whether dog-backwards exists within or outside time.