Salisbury Boot (part II)

Predictions as they were meant to be. Or not. Whatever.
Sideshow Rob
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Sideshow Rob »

Mally
Grumpy old git

Post by Mally »

Hog
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Hog »

&quotSnake&quot wrote:
&quotboris&quot wrote:234
...you can only have one go.

Ooooh! Controversial! It was 235. Which one counts, his first answer or his final choice?

There's only one way to find out ... F I G H T !!
boris
Grumpy old git

Post by boris »

Did I go twice? Sorry, I genuinely forgot I'd already posted when I did my second one (it's an age thing). I will abide by the decision of the Boot-setter on this one (not like I have a choice really).
Sideshow Rob
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by Sideshow Rob »

&quotboris&quot wrote:Did I go twice? Sorry, I genuinely forgot I'd already posted when I did my second one (it's an age thing). I will abide by the decision of the Boot-setter on this one (not like I have a choice really).
Dodgier than a Crawley Town tax return.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

Thanks very much for that, boris. I dunno, you set the rules as clearly as you can to avoid any arguments, make it a really simple question and then that happens…

What’s worse is that if I disqualify you for having two goes I win, if I take the average of your two goes I win, and if I take your first entry then I win.

But then again you were extremely close on your second but ‘senior moment’ guess.

Overall, I’m going to propose the following.

Snake gets 0.67 points and boris gets 0.33 points, and for being such a pain boris has to set the next question as I’m off to Eastbourne early tomorrow morning.
Mally
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Mally »

&quotSnake&quot wrote:Thanks very much for that, boris. I dunno, you set the rules as clearly as you can to avoid any arguments, make it a really simple question and then that happens…

What’s worse is that if I disqualify you for having two goes I win, if I take the average of your two goes I win, and if I take your first entry then I win.

But then again you were extremely close on your second but ‘senior moment’ guess.

Overall, I’m going to propose the following.

Snake gets 0.67 points and boris gets 0.33 points, and for being such a pain boris has to set the next question as I’m off to Eastbourne early tomorrow morning.
Thirds of points? As boot master I think an adjudication is in order. First postings count otherwise we'll have anarchy (which would be playing right into boris's hands).

Snake gets the whole point (and you don't often hear that).