Well, that's Exeter out then

Anything yellow and blue
Snake
Grumpy old git

Re: Well, that's Exeter out then

Post by Snake »

&quotPeña Oxford United&quot wrote:They'll never come back from losing the home leg.
Unless they go and score three times in the last 10 minutes of the away leg.
deanwindass
Puberty

Post by deanwindass »

Poor old Torquay, they've picked up our shitness as well as our reject players. Relegated from the league after being on the slide for years, become early pace setters but finish second to originally unfancied but well organized seasoned non-leaguers, take a 1 goal lead home from Exeter in the first playoff leg, go 2-0 up on aggregate in the second, then get screwed over because of a Chris Zebrovski penalty issue.

Despite last year I like Exeter and hope they go up.
Sideshow Rob
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Sideshow Rob »

This could have a bad psychological effect on the Zebrosky and Hargreaves. Moreover, will Torquay be able to afford them next season?
OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Post by OUFC4eva »

I thought Lee Mansell had a dire game for Torquay, also.

Mansell was at fault for the all important first goal as he let Rob Edwards
go past him in the penalty area and his passing was awful
all game. He hoofs the ball long,every time, to Sills &amp Phillips.

I also felt Greavsie went awol when the going got tough in the
last 20 minutes. No real leadership for me from the Gull's skipper
when Exeter came on strong especially in midfield.

Matt Gill for Exeter looks a classy midfielder.
Last edited by OUFC4eva on Tue May 06, 2008 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Kernow Yellow »

Chris Hargreaves, club captain, going missing when it really matters?

Now there's a huge shock :roll:
John Byrne's Underpants
Puberty

Post by John Byrne's Underpants »

I've no sympathy for Torquay I'm afraid. If you play boring negative football like that for 80 odd minutes you deserve to get beaten in my opinion. Playing an 11 man defence and putting the ball into the corners with 20 minutes to go summed up their intention. Hmm, this seems vaguely familiar...
Shoobedoo
Puberty

Post by Shoobedoo »

Completely agree with all that's been said. Invite teams onto you and you pay the penalty. Torquay started the game playing deep and got deeper. And this from a side that got where they were by scoring shed loads of goals. It really was like watching us last year.

Chris &quotI'm up for taking a penalty&quot Hargreaves - never showed up in the second half when his team really needed him. Again. Loser.

Lee Mansell beaten all ends up - twice in the same move - by a centreback, leading to their first goal.

Absolutely full credit to Exeter never give up attitude, some brilliant substitutions and some great football. Good luck to them in the final.

No sympathy for Torquay at all.

Of the four Oxford rejects I thought Tim Sills did himself more justice than the others. Worked incredibly hard, excellent run for their goal and got in good positions in the box (and should have scored himself). Sills is the only one of them I would be interested in taking back, he has proved himself at this level beyond doubt.
Hog
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Hog »

&quotSideshow Rob&quot wrote:This could have a bad psychological effect on the Zebrosky and Hargreaves. Moreover, will Torquay be able to afford them next season?
According to SSN Zebroski has been offered a new contract by Millwall, as has Chris Hackett.
boris
Grumpy old git

Post by boris »

From the official Millwall site:
Following discussions with the manager, Neil Harris, Chris Hackett and Chris Zebroski have been handed an opportunity to stay at The Den.
However, The Lions boss has informed nine players - Chris Day, Tom Brighton, Mark Phillips, Gavin Grant, Andrew Callaghan, Ross Gaynor, Ryan James, Rhys Evans and Zoom Bakayogo - that they will be free to leave the Club when their current contracts expire at the end of June.
We have got to sign Zoom Bakayogo!
SmileyMan
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by SmileyMan »

If only for the Fat Larry's Band based chants......

Or in fact, just trying to see who could shout &quotZoooooooooooom!&quot the longest