The List

Anything yellow and blue
Mally
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Mally »

&quotIsaac&quot wrote:I guess it depends who &quotpeople&quot are

&quotI will have a list of players that will be here and will have to play, because it's all we've got, but their futures lie elsewhere, and I'll let people know that list on Tuesday.&quot

from
http://www.oxfordmail.net/oxfordunited/ ... enough.php
To me &quotpeople&quot refers to the listees.
Isaac
Dashing young thing

Post by Isaac »

Either way, is it not something of a cop out by Patterson? Gives him a rather handy excuse.
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

Post by GodalmingYellow »

[quote=&quotSnake&quot]Steady on here.

We know there is going to be “a list
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Post by Mooro »

Pettefer, Hutch, Duffy, Jeannin, Corcoran, Day

from the Club text service
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

So why did Jeannine get his contract auto-extended by playing more than 25 games?
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Post by Mooro »

presumably because we still 'need' him this season..

Survivors:
Marvin, Trainer and Ledgister survive to end of season (though with no guarantee of going any further).
Yemi and Willmott to end of next season.

So, if all listed ones go, that leaves us with an 09/10 starting squad of:
Turley, Quinn, Clarke, Willmott, Foster &amp Yemi
Shoobedoo
Puberty

Post by Shoobedoo »

I am disappointed that Corcoran has been listed. I'd put him above Quinn and Willmott (will he ever recover from his injury?) in the central defence pecking order - but we can't boot the captain can we? :roll:

I am slightly surprised that Pettefer has been listed. He has by no means been our worst midfielder this season and is one of the few players we've got who can - occasionally - find a team mate with a pass.

I am very disappointed that Odubade is not on the list. He has been equally as bad as Duffy in his own way, and if Duffy is going why isn't Odubade?

The others come as no surprise at all. I can’t wait to see the back of Jeannin and Hutchinson, frankly and I agree it was utterly stupid to let Jeannin make that 25th appearance. I feel sorry for Matt Day he’s a genuine trier but I just don’t think he’s quite good enough.
John Byrne's Underpants
Puberty

Post by John Byrne's Underpants »

Just happened to be lurking on the site at the right time.

No real shocks on there, although I'm surprised he's trying to offload Day and Corcoran as it won't leave much cover in the centre back area.

Why no Yemi? He's been appalling this season. If Duffy is on there then Yemi definately should be. I fear, if Duffy goes, MacAllistair will be the next one in the isolated no service to striker role.

Can't see many of them going in the window either (although I'd be delighted to be proved wrong) so we're probably stuck with half a dozen unmotivated and reluctant players for the rest of the season.

I just hope it doesn't backfire on the club that's all.
Ancient Colin
Grumpy old git

Post by Ancient Colin »

&quotSorry Matt, you've got to go, you're useless. By the way, you are playing centreback at Exeter on Sunday&quot

Yemi's a crowd favourite, isn't he? Don't want to provoke any &quotPatto out&quot calls, do we? Same probably applies to Rose, a &quotsick note&quot de nos jours.

No Robinson?? Eh? Oh, right, he &quottries&quot doesn't he?
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Very disappointed Corcoran is listed.

Slightly disappointed Pettefer is listed.

Glad Yemi is not listed.

Very disappointed Willmott is not listed.

Glad Marvin isn't listed, provided he is dispensed with in the Summer.

Still undecided on Anaclet.

Glad Rose isn't listed.

Disappointed Trainer isn't listed.

Happy with all the other decisions on who stays and who goes.
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

&quotSnake&quot wrote:So why did Jeannine get his contract auto-extended by playing more than 25 games?
You mean why was he selected for Altrincham? A very good question and a decision which may just have cost the club £30k for no reason. It would have been far preferable to have played Bert Weedon until the end of the season.
SmileyMan
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by SmileyMan »

While Yemi has had a less than shining season:

1) He's still top goalscorer
2) During the dire dog days of Jim's reign, he was frequently the only player on the pitch who appeared to still be trying.
Ancient Colin
Grumpy old git

Post by Ancient Colin »

Achhh, trying, trying, trying. Yes, of course we want players who try. But don't we want players who have some idea where to run, stand, move, some awareness of where other players are (and will be), who are capable of some sort of rational decision faced with a ball. And have (or could develop) some basic ball skills.

I wonder if the feeling is that Corky is a little bit too small to be a centreback down in the depths? Plus he's a bit accident prone. Another one whose good habits on arrival didn't withstand the Oxford coaching regime, I fear.
Ascension Ox
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by Ascension Ox »

&quotGodalmingYellow&quot wrote:Very disappointed Corcoran is listed.

Slightly disappointed Pettefer is listed.

Glad Yemi is not listed.

Very disappointed Willmott is not listed.

Glad Marvin isn't listed, provided he is dispensed with in the Summer.

Still undecided on Anaclet.

Glad Rose isn't listed.

Disappointed Trainer isn't listed.

Happy with all the other decisions on who stays and who goes.
No problem with any of today's decisions. Poor old Eddie Anaclet. Two nasty injuries since 1 October and some people want him out. He's Ok. This list tells me Wilmott is almost fit. Why else? Yemi HAS to stay. He's the only player with any pace.

Pettefer is a shadow of last season's player.
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Post by Mooro »

Robinson presumably isnt listed because he is OOC in the summer anyway and is hardly in a position to be picked up by another club in the next two weeks. Little doubt had he not had his accident he would have been on the list and/or already be at Cambridge by now.

The Jeannin thing is a little disingenuous really - i) had he not picked him for any of last three games, there would have been outrage at it being another Bradbury situation, and ii) at that stage there is no indication that Patto was intending to have this mass clear-out. Three wins would have put us right back in the mix so why risk disrupting things going into those games by 'doing the dirty' on Jeannin. It only appears to have been the latter two games that have brought this on now, whereas he may have been planning to keep him this season and then List him in the summer?

Duffy is a funny one - probably the player most likely to get picked up, so a good one to free up money to bring others in, but I still cannot help thinking that given a decent strike partner he would have proved worth keeping. His best games thsi season have come with Macca and before that Shaw, both players with the intellegence to read the flick-ons, rather than Yemi whose positioning and reading of a game leaves something to be desired.

Overall, I can only see Duffy going in January to be honest and of the other five Day &amp CoCo may dig in to try to salvage their OUFC careers, while how the other three take it will be interesting, although all three may be old enough to realise they need to show themselves worthy of a move.