We're in the play-offs!

Anything yellow and blue
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by A-Ro »

&quotSnake&quot wrote:Thanks, but people on here will already know that. I suggest you spread the news on TiU, where you may surprise and inform many readers.

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/newsfeed/?name=Oxford||United
Harsh Snake.
Pe├▒a Oxford United
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Pe├▒a Oxford United »

My thanks to people for the generous offers made here at the weekend. I'd be grateful if they could confirm that these still stand and were not the product of alcohol-fuelled bonhomie! (Sorry, I'd have asked this yesterday but I was working outdoors all day.)

If they do I reckon I'll have to tempt fate and book my flights today as they're stil one cent apiece for those days - although it'll probably come to about forty euros for the return once the various charges have been added on. Add the return fare from Stansted to Liverpool Street, the Tube to Wembley etc and I should just about get to the ground for under Snake's fifty quid.
entirely disenchanted
boris
Grumpy old git

Post by boris »

I don't do alcohol-fuelled anything much these days, so I can assure you that my offer was made in complete sobriety, and still stands.
Pe├▒a Oxford United
Middle-Aged Spread

Yeah, I know what you mean. What's more I now live in a country where I can buy a perfectly decent bottle of win for not much more than a quid and am I interested in necking it down? I am not.

Yet oddly, the only time I've got really, genuinely wrecked in the last three years, it was in Norway. I could have gone whale-watching at midnight for the same sum.
entirely disenchanted
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotboris&quot wrote:I don't do alcohol-fuelled anything much these days, so I can assure you that my offer was made in complete sobriety, and still stands.
IF we win at Wembley (&amp no fate tempting from me - we have to get there first of course), how do you intend to celebrate Boris?
boris
Grumpy old git

Post by boris »

I've got a bottle of champers at home, waiting for an excuse to be cracked. There's also a fairly decent bottle of brandy on my shelf that needs a good seeing to.

Or maybe I'll have a nice cuppa tea and a custard slice.
YF Dan
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by YF Dan »

Justin, I'll chuck a tenner in, (on condition you let my grammatical errors go from now on).

That should buy you a 4 zone travelcard, a pint and a bag of nuts at London prices.

Another serious offer.
Pe├▒a Oxford United
Middle-Aged Spread

That's kind of you but there shouldn't really be a comma before a bracket, should there?
entirely disenchanted
boris
Grumpy old git

Post by boris »

Although I would put one between you and but...
YF Dan
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by YF Dan »

Oh well. You had your chance.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

My offer still stands!

Get in touch with me via my profile or boris.
Long John Silver
Brat

Re:

Post by Long John Silver »

&quotSnake&quot wrote:Thanks, but people on here will already know that. I suggest you spread the news on TiU, where you may surprise and inform many readers.

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/newsfeed/?name=Oxford||United
Who put a firework up your arse then?

You post on TiU anyway!!! For sure there are all sorts on there, some who may not be as quick to read the net as you can, but not many are as condescending as you seem to be.
Mally
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Mally »

&quotLong John Silver&quot wrote:
Who put a firework up your arse then?
Nobody, otherwise he wouldn't be able to speak :-)

Don't worry about Snake he has a long history of winding up new posters.
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Mooro »

&quotPeña Oxford United&quot wrote:Yeah, I know what you mean. What's more I now live in a country where I can buy a perfectly decent bottle of win for not much more than a quid and am I interested in necking it down? I am not.
Can you please buy three bottles of the aforementioned &quotwin&quot and send them to the club to be opened on Friday 4th, Tuesday 8th and Sunday 20th May......

...I'm sure if they prove as good as the label promises they will be more than happy to recompense you
Pe├▒a Oxford United
Middle-Aged Spread

Well, you've heard the expression &quotthey can't buy a win&quot.
entirely disenchanted