Up for the Cup

Anything yellow and blue
Dr Bob
Middle-Aged Spread

Re: Up for the Cup

Post by Dr Bob »

tomoufc wrote:'Tranny', by the way, is considered a pejorative in 2014. I'm completely signed-up for having a laugh, but let's try elevating it above the schoolboy level.
My wife is from Transylvania, which I guess makes her a Tranny.
Myles Francis
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Myles Francis »

Remind me, what was Timmy Mallett's old Radio Oxford show called?
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

tomoufc wrote:'Tranny', by the way, is considered a pejorative in 2014. I'm completely signed-up for having a laugh, but let's try elevating it above the schoolboy level.
I'll be getting there in my tranny van.
Eric Pollard
Brat

Post by Eric Pollard »

Whatever happened to Tranny Jeffers ?
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

If you can’t make the game you can always listen to Jerome on your tranny radio. And what about the political correctness of naming a local broadcasting station Jack FM? Are they secret Swansea supporters in Oxford, or are they into what all referees do?

Tom. Just relax mate - this is a footy board.
OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Post by OUFC4eva »

Calm down dear.
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

Isn't James Roberts a tranny? Or has he got a full time contract now?
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Post by GodalmingYellow »

Eric Pollard wrote:The day you agree with me TT is the day I stop using this forum :lol:
That's probably true! I love you just the same though.
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Post by GodalmingYellow »

You are making a terrible assumption in there. If you want to debate above schoolboy level, then you need to understand above schoolboy level what you are arguing about.

Timmy Mallet used to be known as Timmy on the Tranny. Is Tranny a reference to his preferred sexual partner, or a slang term for transistor radio?

I am the last person in the World to discriminate against anyone on any grounds whatsoever (Swinedown FC excepted).
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Post by Mooro »

Snake wrote:.

Especially as the game won't be played on the Saturday.
Why are you so convinced that this is going to be a TV/non-Saturday game? There are plenty of other more significant ties in the round than this, and there is hardly much of a link between the two sides (apart from you, Garry Monk and anyone out for revenge for last season's FA Youth Cup).

From the top of my head, there are three former FA cup final pairings plus Accrington/Yeovil vrs Man Utd, Dover vrs Palace, Blyth vrs Brum, plus worcester and Gateshead as well..
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Post by Kernow Yellow »

Well let's hope you were joking! You've certainly given us all a laugh.
Dr Bob
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Dr Bob »

Mooro wrote:

Why are you so convinced that this is going to be a TV/non-Saturday game? There are plenty of other more significant ties in the round than this, and there is hardly much of a link between the two sides (apart from you, Garry Monk and anyone out for revenge for last season's FA Youth Cup).

From the top of my head, there are three former FA cup final pairings plus Accrington/Yeovil vrs Man Utd, Dover vrs Palace, Blyth vrs Brum, plus worcester and Gateshead as well..
Has there been a particular reason for so many games in the first and second rounds this year being played on the Sunday? Has there been some sort of policy decision to spread the ties over the two days (with a TV game on the Friday), or is it just chance?
joepoolman
Mid-life Crisis

Post by joepoolman »

Dr Bob wrote:Has there been a particular reason for so many games in the first and second rounds this year being played on the Sunday? Has there been some sort of policy decision to spread the ties over the two days (with a TV game on the Friday), or is it just chance?
I think it's part of the BBC TV deal that they could pick a handful of games to kick off at 2pm on the Sunday and then have a final score programme where they broadcast all the goals as soon as they've gone in. I'm unsure whether this will continue or whether it was just for rounds 1 and 2 and now that the big boys are in the Beeb will have an extra live match instead.
SWA
Puberty

Post by SWA »

Tom - please chill out pal!
By the way, it does look like all Premier League teams will be playing on the Sunday
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

Mooro wrote:

Because there is a full schedule of Prem games on New Year’s Day (the Thursday).

I'm off to QPR on that day.