Up for the Cup

Anything yellow and blue
Snake
Grumpy old git

Re: Up for the Cup

Post by Snake »

About time for a Prem team at home. And not a crappy Prem team.
Ancient Colin
Grumpy old git

Post by Ancient Colin »

Snake wrote:About time for a Prem team at home. And not a crappy Prem team.
So not Swansea, then?
Eric Pollard
Brat

Post by Eric Pollard »

:lol:

Beat me to it. He also has his non league favourite, i.e. Wrexham, so Snaky's well covered for potential FA cup winners this season.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

I knew it :-)
tomoufc
Dashing young thing

Post by tomoufc »

Should we beat Tranmere (I'll be there), then Snake should be banned from the forum until after the Swansea game. That's his first team - conflict of interests!
&quotI've been a slave to football. It follows you home, it follows you everywhere, and eats into your family life. But every working man misses out on some things because of his job. &quot
Eric Pollard
Brat

Post by Eric Pollard »

Good draw. Now let's beat the pretend Scousers.
Ancient Colin
Grumpy old git

Post by Ancient Colin »

Oh well ...
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

tomoufc wrote:Should we beat Tranmere (I'll be there), then Snake should be banned from the forum until after the Swansea game. That's his first team - conflict of interests!
Thanks Tom. That means I can still post on here until the end of the replay :mrgreen:

A potential telly game methinks. A half-decent idea for the club would be to provisionally schedule to get that useless rugby team in for some extra training sessions (seems like they need it) to mess up the pitch big time on the day before, as that will stop the Swans flying.

Now Come On You Yellows!
tomoufc
Dashing young thing

Post by tomoufc »

Snake wrote:
tomoufc wrote:Should we beat Tranmere (I'll be there), then Snake should be banned from the forum until after the Swansea game. That's his first team - conflict of interests!
Thanks Tom. That means I can still post on here until the end of the replay :mrgreen:

A potential telly game methinks. A half-decent idea for the club would be to provisionally schedule to get that useless rugby team in for some extra training sessions (seems like they need it) to mess up the pitch big time on the day before, as that will stop the Swans flying.

Now Come On You Yellows!
If we do go through will you attempt to mount the netting in the North Stand as a demonstration of your divided loyalties?
&quotI've been a slave to football. It follows you home, it follows you everywhere, and eats into your family life. But every working man misses out on some things because of his job. &quot
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

tomoufc wrote:
Snake wrote:

Now Come On You Yellows!
If we do go through will you attempt to mount the netting in the North Stand as a demonstration of your divided loyalties?
I'll be trying to get a ticket as close as possible to my old perch in the SSU, and wearing my lucky black Buildbase shirt.
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

Snake wrote:

Now Come On You Yellows!
If you'd been following Oxford under Appleton, you'd realise that's our game as well, and when asked at the fans forum what his Plan B for playing on a ploughed up pitch is, Appleton said Plan B is Plan A. Although he does seem to have adapted that stance since then / he has players better suited to it.
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Post by GodalmingYellow »

The game had 2 halves EP, and the Trannies murdered us in the first half. Hence fair result.

Not sure how you can say Mullins was shaky. He has been one of our consistently better performers this season and lately.

Our problems were in the middle where we had woefully insufficient creativity and couldn't hang on to the ball because of this silly tippy tappy pass it back style.
tomoufc
Dashing young thing

Post by tomoufc »

'Tranny', by the way, is considered a pejorative in 2014. I'm completely signed-up for having a laugh, but let's try elevating it above the schoolboy level.
Eric Pollard
Brat

Post by Eric Pollard »

The day you agree with me TT is the day I stop using this forum :lol:
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

tomoufc wrote:'Tranny', by the way, is considered a pejorative in 2014. I'm completely signed-up for having a laugh, but let's try elevating it above the schoolboy level.
Beat the Trannies and it's the Sheep Shaggers next.

Looks like an away following of 800-1200 for that one if it happens, depending mainly on the admission price. No prawn sandwiches in Wales where a ST in the equivalent of the SSU is £419, or £22.05 a game. Anything over £15 a ticket and it's going to be at the lower end of my estimation.

Especially as the game won't be played on the Saturday.